PDA

View Full Version : Air condictioning electrical circuit

steve67au
20th March 2011, 04:13 PM
Hi, (97 GQ TD42 RX Patrol.)..New to this so got all the info I can, Air condictioning not cold, am guessing its low on gas as I bridge out the pressure swithch on the reciever drier and fan hub on compressor pulls in so low gas. As far back as I can remember the light on the A/C switch on the dash dont work. The switch it self works as with the fan speed on and pressure switch bridged i can hear compressor hub pulling in and out. On the back of the switch you have 3 wires. Blue, Pink and red with blue. Blue has power when ignition is switched on. If I bridge the other 2 (pink and red/blue) compressor hub jumps in. My Basic wiring diagram shows that Blue is battery voltage, red/blue is earth and pink is fan switch. My questions are, Am I correct in my interpretation of the wiring diagram and is there a light in that switch as the diagram shows ?? Thanks

BundyDave
25th March 2011, 12:40 AM
Hi, (97 GQ TD42 RX Patrol.)..New to this so got all the info I can, Air condictioning not cold, am guessing its low on gas as I bridge out the pressure swithch on the reciever drier and fan hub on compressor pulls in so low gas. As far back as I can remember the light on the A/C switch on the dash dont work. The switch it self works as with the fan speed on and pressure switch bridged i can hear compressor hub pulling in and out. On the back of the switch you have 3 wires. Blue, Pink and red with blue. Blue has power when ignition is switched on. If I bridge the other 2 (pink and red/blue) compressor hub jumps in. My Basic wiring diagram shows that Blue is battery voltage, red/blue is earth and pink is fan switch. My questions are, Am I correct in my interpretation of the wiring diagram and is there a light in that switch as the diagram shows ?? Thanks

Steve
There is a lamp in there. Pain to get to. You can open switch just be careful not to break it in the process. My lamp didn't work ended up being dirty contacts in the switch. Lamp not working won't stop a/c from working.

Dave