PDA

View Full Version : Engine Light staying on

Harry
20th March 2011, 02:00 AM
Still wasting time on Faults. I love my truck but I have quiet alot of frustration at the moment :furious: I cant seem to get the engine light off the dash. It has been on for a couple of weeks and won't P##s off. It has come on since it came back from getting a new flywheel and clutch kit. Car mainly runs fine however the glow plug light seems to take forever to go out before start up. She blows a bit of black smoke on start up and has lost abit of power. All since getting the clutch done. I have cleaned the maf senor, flushed the engine with flushing oil concentrate. Put cleanpower in the fuel system and changed all filters. I have checked and couldn't find any sensors not connected the only thing I found was a blown fuse and that was for the horn. Not sure what to do next and are loosing patience.(Timing/Injectors??) I live remotely and have limited resources.

XLR8
20th March 2011, 02:38 AM
Have you tried disconnecting the battery? sounds crazy but sometimes doing this and leaving it off for a couple of hours will reset the ECU to default and clear any fault codes. If the engine light comes on again after the next start, you know there is a genuine fault and would need to get it diagnosed. If you have access to a factory service manual, you can use the on board diagnostics and look up the code, otherwise your local dealer/mechanic should be able to do it

Harry
20th March 2011, 11:03 AM
I disconnected the battery whilst doing the MAF sensor and left it for about 4 hours. I dont have access to the service manuals so it looks as if she has to go back to the mechanic. (scary). Cheers

Bigrig
20th March 2011, 11:10 AM
I disconnected the battery whilst doing the MAF sensor and left it for about 4 hours. I dont have access to the service manuals so it looks as if she has to go back to the mechanic. (scary). Cheers

Good luck with it mate - let us know the outcome.

nowoolies
20th March 2011, 11:18 AM
try having a look at the fuel control relay on the front of your fuel pump
i had the same symptons and thats what caused it
check the leads into it (its on a jack plug) with the motor running. lying on your back under the bus. fun ......not
if its the same prob wiggle the plug lightly, if the motor runs smooth after doing that, thats the problem.
then turn off the motor count 5 turn it back on
and no warning light,
the fuel control relay is a problem i have been told,
apart from p##ed off what state you in
$239.80 from United fuel injection and you cant buy the part from Nissan
if this is the problem you will need to change out the relay it will keep on doing the same fault and then you`ll be even more p###ed off
nowoolies
Paul

Harry
22nd March 2011, 06:59 PM
I have just talked to the mechanic and he said that the diagnostic machine said she is going into limp mode because of the MAF sensor. I had cleaned it and even changed it with the spare in the back yard. Oh well, Does anyone know how much and where I can get one from. I live very remotely so quick delivery is a priority. Also am I going to cause her anymore damage if I continue to drive her the way she is? Thanks for your replies and it's glad to know that there are people out there willing to help.

Harry
29th March 2011, 06:33 PM
Just to let everyone know I changed the MAF senor and she is back to normal. Thanks again for your help

Bigrig
29th March 2011, 11:32 PM
Just to let everyone know I changed the MAF senor and she is back to normal. Thanks again for your help

Glad you sorted it mate, and thanks for posting the update!!