PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow Thursday quick trip.

jay see
8th April 2015, 01:51 PM
I know most can't do weekdays but I'll ask anyway.
Got the lift in and going out tomorrow for a few hours.
At list stage just me nothing to radical. Anyone else

rusty_nail
8th April 2015, 01:55 PM
I know most can't do weekdays but I'll ask anyway.
Got the lift in and going out tomorrow for a few hours.
At list stage just me nothing to radical. Anyone else

save your money and come up for tuff trucks next weekend!

jay see
8th April 2015, 02:11 PM
save your money and come up for tuff trucks next weekend!

Probably could got next weekend off.
Humm, got me thinking now.

rusty_nail
8th April 2015, 02:14 PM
Probably could got next weekend off.
Humm, got me thinking now.

haha, well your always welcome to come to mine thursday and make the trip on friday if u like? or even fly up and crash at mine, then well go in my rig. anyway the offer is there

Rocket55
8th April 2015, 02:21 PM
You just got yours on the road Nic, sure you want to take a 4" lift to tuff truck?

rusty_nail
8th April 2015, 02:23 PM
You just got yours on the road Nic, sure you want to take a 4" lift to tuff truck?

nah mate its only 2" =P

rusty_nail
8th April 2015, 02:24 PM
the cops go right over the trucks hey.

jay see
8th April 2015, 03:41 PM
haha, well your always welcome to come to mine thursday and make the trip on friday if u like? or even fly up and crash at mine, then well go in my rig. anyway the offer is there

Cheers Nic for the offer, but I don't think I can. Kids start football and both at different grounds 1 hour start time between them. Wife does one I do the other.

rusty_nail
8th April 2015, 04:55 PM
No prob mate!!

jay see
9th April 2015, 04:13 PM
Just got back. What can I say wombat can be fun.
Wanted to test out the suspension, but the winch got a workout instead. At least I know it works now.

lucus30
9th April 2015, 05:06 PM
Just got back. What can I say wombat can be fun.
Wanted to test out the suspension, but the winch got a workout instead. At least I know it works now.

Missed this thread mate probably would have came. Who did you go with ? Chuck more pics up

jay see
9th April 2015, 05:25 PM
Me and my boys.
Will throw some up later. Gotta take them to training now.

Rocket55
9th April 2015, 05:56 PM
the cops go right over the trucks hey.

They did last year..I'd be surprised if there isn't a thread on here highlighting what they did and didn't target.

Rocket55
9th April 2015, 05:59 PM
Nice work Jay! It's always the sneaky little trips just to check something out the see the winches get a work out. Some I've been involved in have resulted in sleeping in the truck and having another crack at getting out the next day with a few more reinforcements....

jay see
9th April 2015, 07:34 PM
Gave this one a miss. There was at least a 3 foot climb to get out and who know what was in the middle.
1st winch
Success

This one was at the end of a track that there was no way I was going back. Winch the front wheels over then off another tree which was too far the first time to get the back over. Doesn't look that big in the pic, but would have to be at least 80cm in width can see the flogging I gave it trying to get over it. I ended up with bark bits in between the rim and tyre and along the raduisus arms and stuck on both diffs.

There was another winch, but time was against us as I didn't want to spend the whole day there, so no camera for that one, but the flat of the bulbar is now up to my hip(about 1metre at least) and I had to step onto the flat as the winch lever was about 1/2 a foot in the muddie water. Front wheels completely submerged in water. Still got out. Should have known better, Wombat is full of big deep hole, would have thought that I learn my lesson with the surf. Oh well we live and learn, Might have been better to ride both driver side wheels on the tree?

Lucus day trips like this are probably easier for me, so yell out when you wanna go and that goes for anyone else.

krbrooking
9th April 2015, 08:30 PM
I can't see those pics man. ???

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

jay see
9th April 2015, 08:41 PM
What none of them?

krbrooking
9th April 2015, 10:06 PM
What none of them?

Yeh must be an app prob, if I get a chance in the morn I will check on the puter.

Winnie
9th April 2015, 10:09 PM
Yeh must be an app prob, if I get a chance in the morn I will check on the puter.

They haven't loaded for me either?

Maxhead
9th April 2015, 10:12 PM
Nope can't see attachment....says report to administrator

jay see
9th April 2015, 10:53 PM
I think I have fix it. Please let me know if it doesn't work. May have to go back to my original post with pics on page 2.

Avo
9th April 2015, 11:50 PM
they said the same thing to me earlier but I can see them now on a pc..good pics and what no chainsaw

jay see
10th April 2015, 12:16 AM
they said the same thing to me earlier but I can see them now on a pc..good pics and what no chainsaw

Yeah, I know. My son asked me if I was bringing the chainsaw and I said, nah, we wouldn't need it today its going to be an easy day. LOL. he's only 10.

Maxhead
10th April 2015, 06:32 AM
Yep, pics are working. Looks like you had a ball. The yeah " no we won't need a chainsaw today" LOL I always bring one especially going by myself

BSRT.Beast
10th April 2015, 02:48 PM
Now If I had of seen this earlier ..... mind you I dont have any rope on the winch atm .... hell not even sure the winch works

krbrooking
10th April 2015, 04:40 PM
I think I have fix it. Please let me know if it doesn't work. May have to go back to my original post with pics on page 2.

Working all good now man. Wish I could have come.

jay see
10th April 2015, 05:58 PM
Never mind mate, there will always be another trip.