PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Trek

Larx
7th April 2015, 10:10 PM
G'day guys,
I'm a newbie to this forum & to Nissan Patrol(I've been a Land Rover owner for about 15 years). Currently I have a stock standard 2012 ST Y61 3.0L Patrol. When I say stock standard I mean Nothing but the minimum, straight off the show room floor. I'm planning on doing quite a few things to it in order to make it a more capable 4WDer.

I'm planning on taking it to the centre of Australia next April/May (2016). The first half will be pretty straight forward. Townsville to Uluru via Tenant creek. The second half however, will test my pending modifications. I'll head south to the Oodnadatta track to Marree. Then head North up the Birdsville track & onto the Diamantina to Cloncurry. Then back to Townsville.

What I'm after is a bit of info about the Various tracks if anyone has already done them.

So I don't drown this thread in unwanted posts, I'll repost this elsewhere to ask about the modifications people believe I absolutely need.

Always grateful for your experience & expertise.

Cheers

dads tractor
16th May 2015, 09:59 PM
Are you locked in to april may or can you go queens birthday nt july

MudRunnerTD
17th May 2015, 05:02 AM
Decent Tyres and a 2" lift mate and those tracks are a hwy. You will have no trouble. A long range tank would be a good asset.

Your stock standard Partol is already better than your Land Rover.

threedogs
17th May 2015, 02:32 PM
some brand of remote cannister shocks there are plenty of corrigations , not as bad as the Cape
and shocks will need all the help they can get, You should be right for fuel but a bigger AUX will help
your range and maybe avoid some of the higher prices,
Plan your fuel stops and take your time and you'll have a blast