PDA

View Full Version : I'm Bogged in Delivery Truck and "TIPPERS" Patrol to rescue

Finly Owner
19th March 2011, 10:01 PM
Well I drove in loaded but couldn't get out without help. Was bogged in different parts @ least 3 times but managed to maouver out of them. Went the only way I could get traction until big wet spot got me. I even managed to lift the truck with crane leg to slip timber under Left wheel. But she wouldn't drive out. Considering I had been trying everthing for an hour, I thought I better phone work and ask for help.

So "Tipper" (forum member) brought out his 4.2 turbo diesel. We tried to just tug it out but he just sat and spun too. So we ended up snatching out after he let down his tyres a little.
He had pull me right out to the gate.

YNOT
19th March 2011, 10:09 PM
Nice work tim, good on ya Tipper for helping him out.

Tony

Maxhead
19th March 2011, 10:10 PM
On ya Tipper, good to see the tyre pressures come to the rescue.. It amazing what pressures can manage.
Glad you got out Ok. Looks like a bit of a slipery spot.lololol

Bigrig
19th March 2011, 10:34 PM
Top stuff lads!! Looks like you were delivering to a bomb shelter??

Finly Owner
19th March 2011, 10:36 PM
Well you see i had to deliver 4 crappers, and council man come down on his day off to say "put them under the tree and don't drive on the grass netball courts". So it was only a bit spongy but i drove in okay, but had some slip while moving in straight line to drop each dunny. When all done, i couldn't reverse out do to too much slip. I went forward and tried to turn left and head out but couldn't get traction that way. So ended up getting back a bit and turning right and around that building, bearing straight for path i came in on, when down she went. Well I tried everything to get out myself for 1 hour approx in the rain to get out. No avail. So then had to wait another hour for Tipper to arrive, and it raine d the whole time. Hence why there is now ankle deep water on top of soggy clay mud.

Just to put all this in prespective, I was in Graceville, it went under those massive floods recently, that building is a toilet block. It is not working as it went under to the roof line. I don't think the grounds have ever dried out since with all these showers that have been around since.

See I must make a reasonable effort at abiding by the customers requests, well I got those port a loos in place and nearly didn't leave more tracks!

AB
19th March 2011, 11:37 PM
haha....Shame Timbo!

It just turns to ice once you rip the grass out and there's mud with road tyres...lol

I use a simialr truck for work too and have been caught out a few times myself.

Finly Owner
19th March 2011, 11:57 PM
haha....Shame Timbo!

It just turns to ice once you rip the grass out and there's mud with road tyres...lol

I use a simialr truck for work too and have been caught out a few times myself.
So you know how it is.....
Do you? "Nah Mate I can't go there as I might get bogged I'll dro them here" ("If you can't put them where I want take them with you")

AB
20th March 2011, 12:25 AM
Do you? "Nah Mate I can't go there as I might get bogged I'll dro them here" ("If you can't put them where I want take them with you")

Yeah you just feel like slapping those people...lol

big_fletch
20th March 2011, 09:03 PM
Great pics finly, good tp see they all got out lol

growler2058
25th March 2011, 12:12 PM

I hear ya about what we diplomatically call demanding customers.

But a tip for boggin down trucks. I used to work trimming trees around power lines in old Acco cherry pickers, alot in paddocks and our tried and tested method for determining if we were gunna get stuck was to hit the ground with the heel of your boot, if it dug bin 10mm it would always bog the trucks, even our 4wd ones.

DX grunt
25th March 2011, 12:51 PM
Another ute to the rescue. You little utey! lol

Well done to both of you. Hope you had a spare shovel to fill in the 'divots' I mean your tracks, Tim?. lol

Finly Owner
25th March 2011, 11:59 PM
Na grounds are going to be restored any way,,..... eventually says council man.

AB
26th March 2011, 08:34 PM
Here comes Timbo with another delivery....lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fflxZ2Xh2T4&feature=related

blake_gq4.2
27th March 2011, 07:44 PM
hahaha that is a mad vid lol, gee it looked soft under the truck but, top stuff :-)

Tipper
5th April 2011, 05:19 PM
:1087:FINLY IN THE BOG WITH A BOGGERWell what do you know, I had to bring the patrol to the rescue again, another toilet and another bog for finly, calling it the rescue vehicle for work mates, Kennards rescue and recovery! I believe in helping mates out, but those who die in the same hole twice need to learn some sought of lesson, DONT DROP THE BOG IN THE BOG. Hahahahahahahahahaha. Its moment like these..............finly needs a minty

Tipper
5th April 2011, 05:22 PM
Good call ab, love it!

YNOT
5th April 2011, 07:16 PM
C'mon Tipper, you've been a member since October last year and still only 10 posts, get into it mate!
Good on ya for helping Tim out.

Tony

Finly Owner
5th April 2011, 11:55 PM
:1087:FINLY IN THE BOG WITH A BOGGERWell what do you know, I had to bring the patrol to the rescue again, another toilet and another bog for finly, calling it the rescue vehicle for work mates, Kennards rescue and recovery! I believe in helping mates out, but those who die in the same hole twice need to learn some sought of lesson, DONT DROP THE BOG IN THE BOG. Hahahahahahahahahaha. Its moment like these..............finly needs a minty
My God look what the rat sniffed out!

Havoc
9th April 2011, 08:11 PM
lol, kenards hire truck........ hire it, get it bogged to the axles, send it back.... good work lads

YNOT
9th April 2011, 08:25 PM
lol, kenards hire truck........ hire it, get it bogged to the axles, send it back.... good work lads

Tim works for Kennards, he was doing a delivery.

Tony

Havoc
9th April 2011, 11:21 PM
Tim works for Kennards, he was doing a delivery.

Tony

so i know not to hire that truck then...

YNOT
9th April 2011, 11:25 PM

Not for off road work, and it was only a little bit bogged!

Tony

Finly Owner
11th April 2011, 12:33 AM

Ummm, You can't it's our DELIVERY TRUCK, not for hire.

Tim