PDA

View Full Version : The mods have started

kevin07
6th April 2015, 01:20 PM
as it says the y62 mods have started last Thursday I took it to pedders at Moorebank to have the firestone hp,s fitted. really impressed no mucking around and $580 fitted. happy kev

growler2058
6th April 2015, 07:21 PM
Glad you got a good store. Got warned about that mob being dodgy in Vic n NSW. Missus went to a pedders here in SA for her Prado (wheel alignment issue) they quoted $3K dodgy *****. Went to AllTrack4wd got it fixed for $370. FORK YOU Pedders!!!

Hijack over hehehehe:210:

Rock Trol
6th April 2015, 07:28 PM
The old Pedders up-sell trick. Fell for it in the 90's with my VL Commodore. Never again.
Having said that, I do run their foam cell shocks up front but got them from my mechanic.

kevin07
6th April 2015, 10:46 PM
well they are franchised but well stocked im happy with this bloke.

threedogs
7th April 2015, 01:43 PM
Glad you got a good store. Got warned about that mob being dodgy in Vic n NSW. Missus went to a pedders here in SA for her Prado (wheel alignment issue) they quoted $3K dodgy *****. Went to AllTrack4wd got it fixed for $370. FORK YOU Pedders!!!

Hijack over hehehehe:210:

Id never take my Patrol to a suspension place , I get all work done at 4x4 shops
cause thats all they do,,,,,4x4s

Whats the next mod Kev???

kevin07
8th April 2015, 12:10 AM
Id never take my Patrol to a suspension place , I get all work done at 4x4 shops
cause thats all they do,,,,,4x4s

Whats the next mod Kev???

firstly the 4by shops were effin me around. next will be the dual battery and or arb delux bullbar then good lightbar and uhf and that should do for a while then after warranty we will do a big huffer and sports pipe

growler2058
8th April 2015, 04:41 AM
Don't forget to take lotsa foters;)

Stropp
8th April 2015, 02:46 PM
one of guys over here has put a 3" twin system on his and it sounds nice he jas also put in the twin battery setup and OL bullbar and the aircompressor behind the bullbar as there is no room in the engine bay.

threedogs
8th April 2015, 04:34 PM
Mate has a colour coded ARB deluxe bar on his,, looks very nice indeed
and a Rasslar on the rear ,,,classy looking bar.
They must fly with an exhaust up grade on them

growler2058
8th April 2015, 07:14 PM
one of guys over here has put a 3" twin system on his and it sounds nice he jas also put in the twin battery setup and OL bullbar and the aircompressor behind the bullbar as there is no room in the engine bay.

Twin 3" would sound tough as all get out. Gunna do it to yours:devilred:

Clunk
8th April 2015, 07:21 PM

Just tell Joe it sounds like a WRX, he likes that ;)

Stropp
8th April 2015, 10:29 PM
He is getting a flash tune that will add 60kw with the exhaust and filter upgrade :jawdrop:

Clunk
8th April 2015, 10:37 PM
He is getting a flash tune that will add 60kw with the exhaust and filter upgrade :jawdrop:

Doesn't hang around does he lol

kevin07
8th April 2015, 10:47 PM
yeh with a twin 3" pipe im worried about the drone so that's got a couple of years in it that mod

BigRAWesty
9th April 2015, 06:20 AM
yeh with a twin 3" pipe im worried about the drone so that's got a couple of years in it that mod

Reading some of the threads on that other place it seems the 3" upgrade does little to performance.
But it does add a nice note. I guess it depends on what system you go as to how droning it'll be..

Winnie
9th April 2015, 06:28 AM
Reading some of the threads on that other place it seems the 3" upgrade does little to performance.
But it does add a nice note. I guess it depends on what system you go as to how droning it'll be..

Would sound awesome though! If it drones, add mufflers until it stops.

BigRAWesty
9th April 2015, 09:41 AM
Would sound awesome though! If it drones, add mufflers until it stops.
Ow shit yea. Can't think of any better sound than a nice big v8 and good system.

I get a little chubby when I hear a ls1 gq or gu.
But would never do the mod.

rusty_nail
9th April 2015, 09:49 AM
But where are the pics @!!!!

:useless:

lhurley
9th April 2015, 04:13 PM
Could use a varex or similar muffler. It has a butterfly in it to open it up for a better flowing exhaust and to also close it up to make it quieter.

V8's are the best. My daily is a 6L v8 and i still crack a smile when i flex my big toe. Missus cracks a smile too :)

kevin07
18th April 2015, 08:31 PM
as it says the y62 mods have started last Thursday I took it to pedders at Moorebank to have the firestone hp,s fitted. really impressed no mucking around and $580 fitted. happy kev

Friday on went the arb delux bar

Winnie
18th April 2015, 08:34 PM
Friday on went the arb delux bar

Until we've seen the photos, it hasn't happened!

kevin07
19th April 2015, 03:07 PM
so on went the arb bar Friday and today went to the caravan show and picked up the all new not on the shelf yet ipf led lights and these things are supposed to be the bomb. 25 watt leds tri beam, ah we shall see. so it has happened

kevin07
20th April 2015, 10:24 PM
so on went the arb bar Friday and today went to the caravan show and picked up the all new not on the shelf yet ipf led lights and these things are supposed to be the bomb. 25 watt leds tri beam, ah we shall see. so it has happened

well the photos have been up for 24 hours and no coments

TPC
20th April 2015, 10:29 PM

Need to take a photo of the bullbar from a different angle, looks like a pair of oversized sunglasses in that photo.

cgm
20th April 2015, 10:31 PM

Can't really comment coz I can't see the pics. Will have to have a look on the PC later. Noticed your other post about the lights. Sounded a bit strange, will have to check out what they really are. Please give an update after you have tested them.

Maxhead
21st April 2015, 06:28 AM

Not looking and not talking to you either...LOL

kevin07
21st April 2015, 07:45 AM

[
ATTACH=CONFIG]57449[/ATTACH]5745057451
comes in 1 spot 1 spread beam

threedogs
21st April 2015, 08:59 AM
[
ATTACH=CONFIG]57449[/ATTACH]5745057451
comes in 1 spot 1 spread beam

How far do they say they throw a beam??
Did you read the thread about airbags in the back not being beneficial, but more harmful
better to get the correct spring load in the first place , just saying.
Id leave exhaust for the time being

kevin07
21st April 2015, 09:46 AM
How far do they say they throw a beam??
Did you read the thread about airbags in the back not being beneficial, but more harmful
better to get the correct spring load in the first place , just saying.
Id leave exhaust for the time being
spot beam over 400m usable
now the airbags had them on the gu and were first class now on this have not tested them yet except around the block, before I had them the weight went off the front wheels, and I wont put heavier springs on. as I don't want to wreck my daily drive for the 5 weeks a year I can go and weekends. now if I was travelling full time that could be another matter,but 10,000 screamin wreckless grey nomads cant be wrong either. and I think there would be way more than a thread of a bad experience. but would be interested to read it if you could link.

threedogs
21st April 2015, 09:48 AM
spot beam over 400m usable
now the airbags had them on the gu and were first class now on this have not tested them yet except around the block, before I had them the weight went off the front wheels, and I wont put heavier springs on. as I don't want to wreck my daily drive for the 5 weeks a year I can go and weekends. now if I was travelling full time that could be another matter,but 10,000 screamin wreckless grey nomads cant be wrong either.

So you're saying you're grey now, lol

kevin07
21st April 2015, 10:23 AM
I definitely have some grey happening but where is the link

Winnie
21st April 2015, 11:32 AM

Very jealous mate, but like Nisshead said, I'm not talking to you either!

growler2058
21st April 2015, 11:59 AM
More pics of the bar needed please

kevin07
21st April 2015, 04:26 PM
More pics of the bar needed please

that will be weekend

growler2058
21st April 2015, 05:59 PM
that will be weekend

Will pass comment then, and i'll talk for nisspissd as well ;)

Clunk
21st April 2015, 09:30 PM
Looks a bit Dame Edna in the first pic mate lol

Definitely need a few different angles

cgm
21st April 2015, 10:32 PM
Ok, got on the PC, so can see the pics. Like others said, need to take a few "more flattering" pics of the bar. :) That angle doesn't make it look too tuff! Looking forward to a few good pics of the whole truck and showing off the bar.

The lights look really interesting, at least something different to all else that is coming out lately. Keen to hear what you think as you start to use them.

As for the airbags, I don't think the article said they were definitely no good. I think it did say they are not meant to be used to carry more weight than the truck is designed for in the first place. I think the problems in general arise from overloading and these can be a bit like a snatch strap. They both can be excellent used the way they were intended, but both have a lot of potential to bring you undone if you use them outside that range. I think they still have their place, just need to be sensible about loads.

kevin07
22nd April 2015, 06:04 AM
Ok, got on the PC, so can see the pics. Like others said, need to take a few "more flattering" pics of the bar. :) That angle doesn't make it look too tuff! Looking forward to a few good pics of the whole truck and showing off the bar.

The lights look really interesting, at least something different to all else that is coming out lately. Keen to hear what you think as you start to use them.

As for the airbags, I don't think the article said they were definitely no good. I think it did say they are not meant to be used to carry more weight than the truck is designed for in the first place. I think the problems in general arise from overloading and these can be a bit like a snatch strap. They both can be excellent used the way they were intended, but both have a lot of potential to bring you undone if you use them outside that range. I think they still have their place, just need to be sensible about loads.

yeh with the air bags they are only for levelling no overloading here but they also help with body roll as well.

gregs
23rd April 2015, 08:03 AM
Well done on the mods kev. The arb bar does look good but any pics (including mine of our ol bar) taken from that angle aren't particularly flattering for the patrol. Keep it up mate and once the mod bug bites it is hard to stop it.

threedogs
23rd April 2015, 08:43 AM
http://www.4x4australia.com.au/drive/1504/bent-utes/
This was in Cuppa's thread "How to bend a ute."

kevin07
23rd April 2015, 10:54 AM
http://www.4x4australia.com.au/drive/1504/bent-utes/
This was in Cuppa's thread "How to bend a ute."

big difference between a ute with leaf springs and a wagon with coils, as with the coils the chassis is built for the impact there. now the leaf springs if you put to much air in you change the point of impact to a place that was not strengthened to handle the hit, and that's why utes bend. so if used properly they are a helper only. kev

threedogs
10th May 2015, 09:03 AM
@ Kevin, I was down at a mates workshop on Saturday.
He owns a Y62 with ARB deluxe bull bar and rear Rasslar bar colour coded.[white]
He has just done the exhaust,,,,,,,,,,maaaaaaaaaaaate highly recomend
what a sweeeeeet sound they make, and it wasnt in anger either, loved it