PDA

View Full Version : Some camping fees scrapped for victoria

lucus30
6th April 2015, 10:09 AM
For those that have not see this yet it looks like the camping fees for basic sites have been scrapped

http://m.theage.com.au/victoria/basic-camping-fee-axed-in-national-parks-20150402-1mdhoi.html

I personally don't mind paying if it meant better facilities but most of the sites were lucky to have a drop dunny. Besides we already pay for national parks in our taxes

BigRAWesty
6th April 2015, 10:54 AM
Best news ever I think.
The gov have woken up I think.
Fancy charging more than a caravan park for a drop loo. Was crazy.
They must have seen a drop already I think.
I do agree to pay a small fee, but $40 a night for 2 adults and a drop loo is crazy.

Clunk
6th April 2015, 11:07 AM
Think yourselves lucky, we have to pay upto $10 a night per adult per night, although its free for kids below 12 years old and you also pay a fee to get into some of these parks......... and to be honest, i dont mind paying as long as the money goes towards the upkeep and keep these areas clean and tidy.

BigRAWesty
6th April 2015, 12:24 PM
Think yourselves lucky, we have to pay upto $10 a night per adult per night, although its free for kids below 12 years old and you also pay a fee to get into some of these parks......... and to be honest, i dont mind paying as long as the money goes towards the upkeep and keep these areas clean and tidy.

I'm happy with $10-15 a night. If they have nice facilities and the grounds are maintained.

threedogs
6th April 2015, 01:44 PM
There were over 5000 4x4s at Dalyesford a few years back protesting about the GOV proposal to have no free camping anywhere in Vic.
Forcing all to use the local Caravan park, The motion was quickly hit on the head.
Where I camp its free it did have redgum tables and seats supplied here and there.
Plus a dump site on the way out where you could place your bagged up rubbish,
They changed boundries for the powers that be and the drop off point for rubbish was removed
meaning take out everything you bring in, Im ok with that and usually take out more, because of some
slobs that seem to think they can just go have a drink and a fish and leave all their crap for someone else to
remove,happy to keep my camp sites cleaner than when I arrive as long as I can. Reminds me must be time to go lol

mudnut
6th April 2015, 02:51 PM
Glad that they are dropping the fees. I wonder if you could take a complaint about the government, to consumer affairs for not providing a product of fair value :)

RedRoadRunner
15th December 2015, 09:47 PM
Fees? I must have been out of the world for too long.

Damn states with all their rules, fees and paperwork.

If there is facilities fair enough, but I'm not paying to roll out my swag.

mudski
16th December 2015, 09:56 AM
Fees? I must have been out of the world for too long.

Damn states with all their rules, fees and paperwork.

If there is facilities fair enough, but I'm not paying to roll out my swag.
Fee's are for the upkeep of everything in the area. Roads, flora and rubbish collection just to name a few. I dont mind paying a few dollars for this. id rather that than having entire areas shut down...

threedogs
16th December 2015, 10:14 AM
Fee's are for the upkeep of everything in the area. Roads, flora and rubbish collection just to name a few. I dont mind paying a few dollars for this. id rather that than having entire areas shut down...

that could well be the hidden agenda, they would like nothing better than ban all bird watchers,
hikers, horse riders, motor bikes , 4x4s and photographers for all parks.
Happy to pay but wary at the same time,
As John Williamson wrote "its your right to lay a swag down by the road"
not sure its entirely legal lol

lucus30
16th December 2015, 10:39 AM
They have reduced fees on some of the mid classed sites this week also. In case anybody missed the news for this one

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/camping-fees-to-be-slashed-at-popular-parks-in-victoria-20151215-glnxpm.html

Cuppa
16th December 2015, 12:34 PM
They have reduced fees on some of the mid classed sites this week also. In case anybody missed the news for this one

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/camping-fees-to-be-slashed-at-popular-parks-in-victoria-20151215-glnxpm.html

Hmmmmm, I call bullsh*t!

$28 per night for what should be $5

$28 per night regardless of whether you are on your own or a family group of six.

$28 per night for minimal facilities - a long drop.

And I’m not suggesting more or upgraded facilities are required. Instead of price gouging a bit less than the previous government & crowing about ‘slashing’ prices, Victoria should look to the Northern Territory who manage to make visitors feel far more welcome at low cost for basic camps.

Clunk
16th December 2015, 12:48 PM
Dont know what you lot are complaining about, we've had to pay to camp at some national parks for years, $10 per adult and approx $2.50 per child each night

threedogs
16th December 2015, 01:39 PM
Dont know what you lot are complaining about, we've had to pay to camp at some national parks for years, $10 per adult and approx $2.50 per child each night

Do you think its fair for what you get or dont get??

NigeP62
16th December 2015, 02:41 PM
In SA it costs $190 for a 12 month Park Pass.
Allows entry into all National Parks plus camping for up to 5 night at a time.
This pass is per vehicle.
Drop toilets and even some showers in some of the most popular spots.

threedogs
16th December 2015, 02:46 PM
Thats only for Desert parks isnt it, not national parks.
http://www.environment.sa.gov.au/parks/Park_Entry_Fees/Parks_Passes/desert-parks-pass

a lot of money if you dont go often
http://www.environment.sa.gov.au/parks/Park_Entry_Fees/Parks_Passes
Is this a fair system?

NigeP62
16th December 2015, 02:50 PM
Thats only for Desert parks isnt it, not national parks.
http://www.environment.sa.gov.au/parks/Park_Entry_Fees/Parks_Passes/desert-parks-pass
Sorry.
The $190 is for all parks Except Desert Parks and KI.
Desert Parks Pass is $150 and camping up to 21 nights at a time.

RedRoadRunner
16th December 2015, 07:23 PM

What's a road? and take your damn rubbish with you, you tossers. :D

Stop selling Fourbies (and bikes, and guns) to Gumbies, and all our natural areas will be full of lovely greenery and animals.

Clunk
16th December 2015, 07:37 PM
Do you think its fair for what you get or dont get??
Is it fair that we have to pay taxes, stamp duty on cars and houses, is it fair that the price of a barrel of oil is low but our cost of fuel doesn't reflect that. ....... of course it isnt fair but you pay if you want to go to those places

LaughingBeagles
17th December 2015, 12:33 AM
Victoria 's park fees are a rip off. I remember when I took my wife to Vic a few years back (circa 2005) and showed her around (expat Victorian). Hanging Rock for example wanted $25 entry fee.. Last time I was there in the early nighties, it cost nothing.

Tap tap tap

BigRAWesty
17th December 2015, 06:13 AM
Victoria 's park fees are a rip off. I remember when I took my wife to Vic a few years back (circa 2005) and showed her around (expat Victorian). Hanging Rock for example wanted $25 entry fee.. Last time I was there in the early nighties, it cost nothing.

Tap tap tap
Halls gap state park was $40 a night for a couple.
The bloody caravan park only charged $28. Or $32 for a powered site..

RedRoadRunner
17th December 2015, 07:34 AM
Dang. I might have to scrub Vic off my map. I don't go in to the bush to be regulated.

Is it fair that we have to pay taxes, stamp duty on cars and houses, is it fair that the price of a barrel of oil is low but our cost of fuel doesn't reflect that. ....... of course it isnt fair but you pay if you want to go to those places

So we can't count on you to fight in the great revolution?

BigRAWesty
17th December 2015, 08:45 AM
I don't mind paying a fee.. yes up keep etc. But what they are at the moment is BS..
Still plenty of great free spots around vic though so don't write it off just yet..
Rocklands reservoir is still free and only 20 mins from the southern Grampians.
Another one up near Groke called lake ratzcastle and they have a solar hot water shower there..
Then you have the saw pit down near Portland. .
That's about my reach into vic for free camps sorry lol..
But there are still many..

Bob
17th December 2015, 09:46 AM
Ulupna Island near Strathmerton all free Camping
Carters Beach (Long Drop Toilet)
Wide Beach
Pump Beach
Long Beach
to name a few.

There is a sign at the entrance to Carters Beach which states that all rubbish is to be carried out so underneath the sign was about 6 bags of Rubbish.
The mentality of some people never ceases to amaze me.

There are numerous Free Camping places all along the Murray River

LaughingBeagles
21st December 2015, 12:08 AM
Halls gap state park was $40 a night for a couple.
The bloody caravan park only charged $28. Or $32 for a powered site..

That is just ridiculous..

Tap tap tap