PDA

View Full Version : Entire 4WD training

Kempy
17th March 2015, 02:46 PM
G'day everyone.

Just wanted to share my experience with 'Entire 4WD training'.

Went out and did a beginners course as I'm pretty new to it and had an absolute blast!!

Gavin the trainer was awesome, he wasn't a 'cowboy' and didn't teach you how to put your foot flat and charge through anything you see, taught us how to be cool calm and collect out on the tracks, showed us the rite and wrong ways of doing things aswell.

The one on one time was great and he knew the limitations of everyone's car and that was awesome. I will defiantly be going out with him again.

Cheers.

threedogs
17th March 2015, 02:52 PM
good way to learn by the sound of it and not pick up bad habits

Cuppa
17th March 2015, 03:36 PM
Good on you Gavin. I just booked up for an accredited 2 day 4wd course - cost was membership of my local 4wd club. All in all a bit of a bargain I think. Course is in April. I’ve had good feedback on how they are run, sounds similar to yours. I’m definitely looking forward to it.

BillsGU
17th March 2015, 04:25 PM
Good on you Gavin. I just booked up for an accredited 2 day 4wd course - cost was membership of my local 4wd club. All in all a bit of a bargain I think. Course is in April. I’ve had good feedback on how they are run, sounds similar to yours. I’m definitely looking forward to it.

That's the way to do it. Most 4WD Clubs have excellent training courses - and most of them are free to members. Not only that but you have an instant "pool" of like minded people to go on adventures with.

Hodge
17th March 2015, 05:48 PM
Is the training done in your own car, or in a car they provide ?

Kempy
17th March 2015, 07:10 PM
In your own car mate, he has abit of a training ground in gosnells for sand then take you up to the power lines in mundaring.. You can tackle as big or as little as you want and he coaches you through all of it, top bloke and top course. I will be booking in on his advance course next time it's on for sure

Cuppa
17th March 2015, 07:13 PM
In your own car ...... at least in my case & I suspect most club based training. No idea about commercial courses.

the evil twin
17th March 2015, 07:18 PM
G'day everyone.

Just wanted to share my experience with 'entire 4x4 training'.

Went out and did a beginners course as I'm pretty new to it and had an absolute blast!!

Gavin the trainer was awesome, he wasn't a 'cowboy' and didn't teach you how to put your foot flat and charge through anything you see, taught us how to be cool calm and collect out on the tracks, showed us the rite and wrong ways of doing things aswell.

The one on one time was great and he knew the limitations of everyone's car and that was awesome. I will defiantly be going out with him again.

Cheers.

Never heard of them... do they have a website or something?
How did you get hold of them?

4bye4
17th March 2015, 07:19 PM
Ditto ET'S post. I googled them but came up zero.

Kempy
17th March 2015, 07:46 PM
Through facebook guys just search them on there under 'entire 4WD training' probably would have helped if I put the rite name on my post hahaha I will edit it now

This is the website for them http://www.entire4wd.com.au

I did the all terrain course but for some people that are abit more experienced they mite find it boring, I didn't as I'm abit of a novice. I will be doing the advanced bush course down in Brunswick next

the evil twin
17th March 2015, 08:12 PM
Bummer... they don't do accredited training.

NissanGQ4.2
17th March 2015, 08:12 PM
Just changed your title of thread 2 the correct name :)

cgm
17th March 2015, 08:16 PM
It's a nice neat looking site that lays out what his offerings are. Looks pretty professional. Good to hear he was offering good quality course.

The pricing seems reasonable, but to me does highlight the benefits of joining a club. Get family membership and both partners doing at least the basic training for half the price of the commercial course. After that you still have the other benefits of membership as well. Steer clear of a bit of the politics and it's all a win. :)

BillsGU
18th March 2015, 09:35 AM
Entire 4WD Training does not come up on a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) search. Maybe only newly registered - but if they are not an RTO I can't see how they can run accredited training.

the evil twin
18th March 2015, 11:15 AM
Entire 4WD Training does not come up on a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) search. Maybe only newly registered - but if they are not an RTO I can't see how they can run accredited training.

They can't, but they don't claim to run accredited courses either so fair enough.

I only do accredited training 'in house' due to rules imposed by my RTO, IE if the candidate isn't a member/employee of the RTO they won't provide venues, issue certificates, participant insurance cover, etc.

I always have people asking if I can help with a competency and, as I cannot officially do so or sign off assessments thru my RTO, I like to stay aware of who is out there so I can refer people on.

There is a place for informal, non-accredited training (assuming all other business requirements are met and no false claims made)and indeed a quite high demand and therefore a number of providers run casual day and weekend 'training outings' here in WA.

Most, but not all, will usually give attendees a glossy little Cert of Attendance or whatever.

BillsGU
18th March 2015, 01:36 PM
They can't, but they don't claim to run accredited courses either so fair enough.

I only do accredited training 'in house' due to rules imposed by my RTO, IE if the candidate isn't a member/employee of the RTO they won't provide venues, issue certificates, participant insurance cover, etc.

I always have people asking if I can help with a competency and, as I cannot officially do so or sign off assessments thru my RTO, I like to stay aware of who is out there so I can refer people on.

There is a place for informal, non-accredited training (assuming all other business requirements are met and no false claims made)and indeed a quite high demand and therefore a number of providers run casual day and weekend 'training outings' here in WA.

Most, but not all, will usually give attendees a glossy little Cert of Attendance or whatever.

Yep - you are spot on. I was employed by an accredited 4WD RTO for years and we could certify people. Our Club offers training which is in line with accredited training guide lines - but we do not claim to be accredited. Also our Club training is called 4 Wheel Drive familiarisation - so no one can be led to believe that they are in any way accredited. We looked into becoming an RTO but the cost and ongoing compliance requirements made it too difficult.

I am surprised that Entire 4WD train emergency service providers as I thought they would have to be certified.

In short though - just because a trainer is not certified - it does not mean that their training is not of a high quality.