PDA

View Full Version : Dual Battery Monitors

89GQ
16th March 2011, 10:04 AM
After looking all over for a monitor that was good priced and done what i needed i found this! Dual Batt, Monitor from Sidewinder, Derek from Sidewinder modded it for me to use the Link switch with my Redark isolator.Second pic is engine running! and the LED stays on when Batt's are linked. Very Happy!!!!

nowoolies
16th March 2011, 10:29 AM
thats cool how much did it cost set up ???????????
one of the things i gotta do to the bus

Bigrig
16th March 2011, 10:34 AM
Hey mate - looks good, as said, what price? I've dealt with Derek also and would be good to get this setup when I pick up the camper with the deep cycle in it.

89GQ
16th March 2011, 10:50 AM
$86 delivered to Adelaide and $10 to do the mod for Redarc if needed , Bloody good value i rekon, Also forgot to mension the Batt, 1 - 2 switch has off in the middle position. And id'e only use the Link if my start batt. died.

Bigrig
16th March 2011, 10:53 AM
$86 delivered to Adelaide and $10 to do the mod for Redarc if needed , Bloody good value i rekon, Also forgot to mension the Batt, 1 - 2 switch has off in the middle position. And id'e only use the Link if my start batt. died.

Champion! Thanks

89GQ
16th March 2011, 10:55 AM
Heres the link! Wont let me its on Ebay under Dual Battery Monitors

Bigrig
16th March 2011, 10:59 AM
Heres the link! Wont let me its on Ebay under Dual Battery Monitors

Thanks again mate!!! Definitely going to invest in one. Need more shiny things on my dash anyway!! LOL

89GQ
16th March 2011, 11:07 AM
Thanks again mate!!! Definitely going to invest in one. Need more shiny things on my dash anyway!! LOLYeh i started with a clock! Its addictive when will it stop!!haha. But this is deffinatly a handy bit of kit.

the evil twin
16th March 2011, 12:03 PM
What happens in "Off"... is that just for the display?

...and yeah, Sidewinder are brilliant to deal with. I get a fair bit of stuff from him for work and play

89GQ
16th March 2011, 12:10 PM
What happens in "Off"... is that just for the display?

...and yeah, Sidewinder are brilliant to deal with. I get a fair bit of stuff from him for work and play On the link switch that stays off unless you have a flat start batt. then turn it too on to link aux. for starting! So will stay in the off position unless flat stert batt. The batt. 1 and 2 switch shows start as no.1 and aux. at no. 2 Its a three position switch so in the middle nothing shows , its off. The LED light stays on showing batteries are both joined to receive charge! Mine stayed on all night cause the start didn't drop to 12.7V where the redark isolates the batts.

the evil twin
16th March 2011, 12:18 PM
On the link switch that stays off unless you have a flat start batt. then turn it too on to link aux. for starting! So will stay in the off position unless flat stert batt. The batt. 1 and 2 switch shows start as no.1 and aux. at no. 2 Its a three position switch so in the middle nothing shows , its off. The LED light stays on showing batteries are both joined to receive charge! Mine stayed on all night cause the start didn't drop to 12.7V where the redark isolates the batts.

Cool, thats what I thought...

and, yeah, I've seen good batteries hold a Smart Relay for yoinks if there is no current drain to bring the resting Voltage down. As you mention the drop out is 12.7 or thereabouts depending on whose Smart Relay you use but a lot of people think that the Relay will also drop out at the drop in value of 13.2 or more.

Put a 12 V flashing led in there... people will think its the Theft Alarm... Hehehehe

89GQ
16th March 2011, 12:30 PM
It does look like an alarm sort off at night. It would make them think twice i rekon. With the relay drop-out! All manufacturers are different when i installed the redarc i rang them about it and they said they can change it too what you want! 12.7's OK but probably 13 would be better. Im'e down the road from where they make them here in SA might call in one day and go 13V Dropout. Then you really know youre start batts got enough juice in it.

ansaha
28th April 2012, 09:51 AM
sweet looks great
Cheers Andrew