PDA

View Full Version : Mittagong for the weekend

Covo71
4th March 2015, 05:09 PM
We are heading down to Mittagong for the weekend. A bloke has a redarc battery isolator for $50. Thought it was a good excuse to go down and camp for the weekend. Anyone know any good spots to camp? The wifey and 2 boys 2 & 6 are along for the ride. Any good tracks aswell. Can't stray too far as wifey doesn't like it if I leave tham at the camp and I am a bit untrusting these days as we had an esky stolen last time we camped down at Batemans bay.

Maxhead
4th March 2015, 05:15 PM
I would check out Fitzroy Falls and around Kangaroo Valley area for sure. Not sure where to camp but worth a look

NissanGQ4.2
4th March 2015, 05:28 PM
Nic ( Rusty_Nails ) lives not that for from Mittagong so send him a PM and see if he can recommend anything nearby.

I live in Warrimoo, about 2 hrs from Bathusrt, so If you and your family need a break feel free 2 send me a PM and I'l give you my addy

rusty_nail
4th March 2015, 05:35 PM
yeah mate, bendeela is lovely tho you cant have any campfires. also, check out yalwal, its pretty rough there but there are some nice 4wd tracks. hmm also, you can camp on the tallowa damm. but yeah my pick would be bendeela. also plenty of firetrails to explore there.

Covo71
4th March 2015, 05:37 PM
Thanks mate, the kids usually last about half hour to an hour then they crash for a couple of hours. Best time to drive when they are asleep. Quiet. Thanks for the offer though. If you are going out for some tracks and you don't mind a tag along I would be pretty keen. See if the 3lt can keep up with the 4.2? Lol cheers Scott

rusty_nail
4th March 2015, 06:07 PM
also there are showers and toilets at bendeela

NissanGQ4.2
4th March 2015, 07:07 PM
Thanks mate, the kids usually last about half hour to an hour then they crash for a couple of hours. Best time to drive when they are asleep. Quiet. Thanks for the offer though. If you are going out for some tracks and you don't mind a tag along I would be pretty keen. See if the 3lt can keep up with the 4.2? Lol cheers Scott

haha I won't be heading out anywhere in the 4b...its been of the road in ages :(

There offers there on the way there or back if you need a rest stop and I'm home.

Covo71
4th March 2015, 07:14 PM
Sounds bad, damaged or broken? I keep telling wifey I am getting close to finishing what I want to do to mine but the list is endless. Hahaha

NissanGQ4.2
4th March 2015, 07:19 PM
Sounds bad, damaged or broken? I keep telling wifey I am getting close to finishing what I want to do to mine but the list is endless. Hahaha

Just had a long list of repairs that needed attention to pass rego, and being a petrol 4.2 sucked the fuel, decided it would be cheaper to get a run about 2 and from work vehicle and take the Patrol of the road. Was hoping to wait out for club reg in a few years and get it back on the road. Would love 2 be able 2 afford 2 full car rego's