PDA

View Full Version : shes loosing green stuff

hurtinit
15th March 2011, 06:13 PM
Hey, ive worked out my gq is loosing coolent from the cover that connects to the block behind the water pump...
If this a common problem?
Also it didnt have a gasket.. does it need one or is fine just to put sealent on it?

YNOT
15th March 2011, 06:17 PM
First of all what engine do you have?

Tony

hurtinit
15th March 2011, 06:19 PM
hahah yeah I re-read it noteiced I hadnt put that in.. its a rd28 (2.8 turbo diesel)

Finly Owner
16th March 2011, 12:30 AM
Yeah I believe they do all need a gasket. I prefer to make any small ones like that, and use Permatek to seal it.

Tim

ansisr
21st March 2011, 03:41 PM
Howdy, Mine has had the same problem on and off over a very long time. To properly fix it is I believe a big costly job. My mechanic recommended I add some Radiator Stop Leak, which I did, and it fixed the problem. Try it, you have nothing to lose.

timbar
21st March 2011, 04:45 PM
probably better to fix the gasket before u put any additives into your radiator stop leak is a great teporary fix but not only does it stop leaks but it can also block ur radiator and cause other costly problems like over heating which effects the head and blocking your radiator or water jacket on the block so be wary when using these products plus they are only teporary repairs so eventuallty u will have to pull it apart and repair it properly any ways and costing u twice as much in the long run

blake_gq4.2
27th March 2011, 03:45 PM
I would not add stop leak as it will build up in ur radiator cooling fins and will cause u dramas down the track mate cheers.