PDA

View Full Version : Aberfeldy Weekend Trip 27/03/15 - 29/03/15 - Vic

Pages : [1] 2

Rossco
28th February 2015, 02:09 PM
It seems to be a busy time for all but looks like this weekend is a bit of a window for most, and it's about time for another get away, with a chance for some pretty awesome wheeling, scenery and camping.

Will be camping at O'Tools camping area which is off Donnellys ck road, Aberfeldy. There are couple of river crossings to get there, but levels should be low, and will ensure we get away from the boagans with commodores at some of the easier to get to spots. The easiest way to get there is turn off the highway at Moe, take the Moe-Rawson road all the way to the Thomson Res, keep going across the dam wall for a few K's then turn left onto the Walhalla-Aberfeldy road then right onto Merrigtons Track which will join Donnelys ck road after the crossings, then turn right to O'Tools flat camping area.

As this is only a short weekend if possible should aim to get up there Friday night or earlier, I will probably make it by around 8-9pm Friday, hopefully earlier. As we will plan to get in some decent wheeling we will aim for a 9am head off. If heading up Saturday will have to leave early if planning on coming out for the drive.

Aberfeldy has some great tracks to offer ranging from easy to pretty hard. Depending on the level of experience and set up of vehicles in the group. we will make a decision on a planned route, and if necessary may run a separate group.

Lastly this trip and 4wding does have inherent risks, while every effort will be made to minimise these risks, all that participate do so at their own risk with no onus being on nissanpatrol.com.au

lucus30
28th February 2015, 02:24 PM
:-(

If everything falls in place I might be extremely lucky if I can come down for the Friday night only but doubt it at this stage

Rossco
28th February 2015, 02:31 PM
:-(

If everything falls in place I might be extremely lucky if I can come down for the Friday night only but doubt it at this stage

Yeah, see how you go that would be good. Should be able to get off work a bit early and get up there at a reasonable time.

Just realised I put the wrong date. Still living in 2014!!! Ha Ha. If any one feels like changing it that has the power go ahead. . . .

Winnie
28th February 2015, 02:48 PM
Good work Rossco. I will be leaving Moe at roughly 5.30pm and will be towing the camper trailer, I will have my dog with me also. Amy will come too.
You will have no trouble at all finding the campsite, no suspension lift is needed and you could get there on standard highway tyres.

katwoman
28th February 2015, 04:02 PM
Maybe. We are doing Mckillops bridge and deddick trail the following weekend. Good chance to check out the new huts.

jay see
28th February 2015, 04:23 PM
That's makes me out as well. Work that weekend.
Will see if everything lines up for the next one.
Enjoy.

cgm
28th February 2015, 06:58 PM
I'm really keen, so mark me down. The directions to camp sound pretty straight forward, but I've never been in that area before, so would prefer to meet someone on the way in. Can sort that out closer to the date. It's a big drive from Ballarat, so I will definitely take Friday off. What time are we likely to head out on Sunday? Maybe I'll take Monday off too. I'm forced to take 6 days off this quarter, so days off is not an issue at this stage.

Thanks for organising Rossco, looking forward to it.

Winnie
28th February 2015, 07:02 PM
I will be leaving camp early on Sunday...

AB
28th February 2015, 07:10 PM
Should be ok for these dates I hope!!!

Winnie
28th February 2015, 07:21 PM
Hey Ross, Amy just pointed out that O'Tooles is on the left not right. Hahaha =)

Rossco
28th February 2015, 07:33 PM
I'm really keen, so mark me down. The directions to camp sound pretty straight forward, but I've never been in that area before, so would prefer to meet someone on the way in. Can sort that out closer to the date. It's a big drive from Ballarat, so I will definitely take Friday off. What time are we likely to head out on Sunday? Maybe I'll take Monday off too. I'm forced to take 6 days off this quarter, so days off is not an issue at this stage.

Thanks for organising Rossco, looking forward to it.

I'll be heading back Sunday, but we can certainly get in a decent drive on Sunday too, it's not too far home to Melb area. See how it works out but happy to hook up on Friday to convoy in.

Should be ok for these dates I hope!!!

Yeah sweet, better be . . . .

Hey Ross, Amy just pointed out that O'Tooles is on the left not right. Hahaha =)

Yeah I meant turn right off Merringtons ck track (after river crossings), onto Donnelys ck tr. Then O'Tools will be on the left. - That sound bout right - correct I mean ??? Should be well sign posted if you make it that far.

cgm
28th February 2015, 07:41 PM
I will be leaving camp early on Sunday...

Yeah, so maybe I'll just head out and back to Ballarat in the one day. For now I'll plan to be in Moe in time to meet when you would be heading in Winnie on Friday. When we get close we'll see if that still makes sense, but at least that gives me heaps of time to finish any packing Friday morning and head off around lunchtime.

Winnie
28th February 2015, 07:46 PM
Yeah that's right Rossco. Err... Correct I mean.
Yep heaps of sign posts out there now. Hopefully everybody will have a map though

Rossco
28th February 2015, 07:46 PM
Maybe. We are doing Mckillops bridge and deddick trail the following weekend. Good chance to check out the new huts.

Be good to see you guys, not too far from your place.

Jeolous of the Deddick, had that trip planned last year with the olds, but then the fires were up there. Should be a very nice drive, speaking to the guy up the fire tower at Delegate, he said that it's recovered pretty well already. Have to get up there one day soon. . .

AB
28th February 2015, 08:02 PM
So your leaving from Xmas hills at 5 yeah?

Rossco
28th February 2015, 09:10 PM
Yeah should be around then, if not earlier of i can wrangle it. Should be bout 3.5 hours ish to camp from YG.

boots
28th February 2015, 11:53 PM
The date right as in the year? Me confused

Rossco
1st March 2015, 08:43 AM

Yeah right date as in year. I put 2014 in the title, woops. It's the correct weekend tho. :)

Winnie
1st March 2015, 09:16 AM

Rossco has not accepted 2015 yet

Rossco
1st March 2015, 09:20 AM

Yeah they go past too quick and I'm getting old too fast. . . . I'm still 25 you know. . .

katwoman
1st March 2015, 10:22 AM

They are a bit slow up in dem dere hills.

katwoman
1st March 2015, 02:36 PM
Ok. Pencil us in. Hopefully in the fire truck.

Winnie
1st March 2015, 02:42 PM
Ok. Pencil us in. Hopefully in the fire truck.

Good stuff Kat!

Bloodyaussie
2nd March 2015, 09:15 AM
I cannot confirm at this stage, with everything going on its not so easy to commit lately.

Winnie
2nd March 2015, 09:45 AM
I cannot confirm at this stage, with everything going on its not so easy to commit lately.

Make it happen johnny boy!!!!

katwoman
2nd March 2015, 11:31 AM

I thought this was your idea ?

Rossco
2nd March 2015, 08:26 PM

What's with men and commitment? ?!! Uugh cumon jono you got this ball rolling. . .

cgm
2nd March 2015, 10:40 PM
Make it happen johnny boy!!!!

Yeah, wanna see your truck in good shape. Last time I came to your trip, someone didn't make it!

Seriously, would be good to try and make it since your thoughts got this all rolling.

Bloodyaussie
3rd March 2015, 08:06 AM
Trying guys.... spoke to Mags about it last night and told her I would like to go, just see how the funds are going closer to the date.

MudRunnerTD
3rd March 2015, 08:45 AM
Date fixed Rossco. Sounds like fun but I doubt I will make this one guys. Have fun.

SG1
3rd March 2015, 06:21 PM
Would like to try and make this, will be either there or up around Tathra at that time, will know closer to dates.

Bacho86
3rd March 2015, 08:17 PM
Sounds like a good trip, unfortunately I'll be away for a few days over Easter the following weekend so won't be able to get away for two weekends in a row

Winnie
3rd March 2015, 08:25 PM
Gonna be a small group!

AB
3rd March 2015, 08:26 PM
Gonna be a small group!

Well cover some ground then, all good mate!!!

Winnie
3rd March 2015, 08:28 PM
Well cover some ground then, all good mate!!!

Are you coming?

AB
3rd March 2015, 08:32 PM
Are you coming?

I think so, it's the weekend before Easter and ill be packing for a 2 week journey up at the Murray in strathmerton then heading over to a friends station in south oz so I normally get everything ready that weekend.

I gotta see how I am situated at the time but extremely keen bloke!!!!

Winnie
3rd March 2015, 08:34 PM
I think so, it's the weekend before Easter and ill be packing for a 2 week journey up at the Murray in strathmerton then heading over to a friends station in south oz so I normally get everything ready that weekend.

I gotta see how I am situated at the time but extremely keen bloke!!!!

It will be good!!

Rossco
3rd March 2015, 08:38 PM
Better be coming. You were just complaing about all work on the 4by and not using it!! I'm going away easter too. This is the last weekend at home, then away every weekend till easter. . . Is a Tuff life. . .

Small group is good when hitting the trails. . . Should cover some ground.

AB
3rd March 2015, 09:10 PM
Better be coming. You were just complaing about all work on the 4by and not using it!! I'm going away easter too. This is the last weekend at home, then away every weekend till easter. . . Is a Tuff life. . .

1st world problems hey ;)

Winnie
3rd March 2015, 09:12 PM

I will be in your area this weekend and if you're around we can go through some maps. Are you going to the winch challenge in Noojee?

Rossco
3rd March 2015, 09:30 PM
1st world problems hey ;)

Yeah tell me about it. . . !!

Your trip does sound good, especially the station. . . Sounds relaxing.

Rossco
3rd March 2015, 09:37 PM
I will be in your area this weekend and if you're around we can go through some maps. Are you going to the winch challenge in Noojee?

Yeah I'm around (maybe not sat), finishing off the body work (quarter chop) and getting this rear bar on! !) So not heading to noojee, but would be good. Hopefully there will be more to come, was a great shame Victoria lost it's competition events. They're petty impressive to spectate, amazing what they can drive. Even more crazy what they can which.

AB
3rd March 2015, 09:39 PM
Yeah I'm around (maybe not sat), finishing off the body work (quarter chop) and getting this rear bar on! !) So not heading to noojee, but would be good. Hopefully there will be more to come, was a great shame Victoria lost it's competition events. They're petty impressive to spectate, amazing what they can drive. Even more crazy what they can which.

Hey mate it's on Sunday and possible pizzas Sunday night at my place if your home?

sooty_10
3rd March 2015, 09:46 PM
I'm planning on coming to this weekend, keen to get out and about again and explore some new areas. Haven't been that side yet.

Rossco
3rd March 2015, 09:48 PM
Ohh pizza sounds good. . .

Rossco
3rd March 2015, 10:14 PM
I'm planning on coming to this weekend, keen to get out and about again and explore some new areas. Haven't been that side yet.

Yeah cool. I think you'll like it, it's a pretty cool area + lots of good tracks.

Winnie
4th March 2015, 06:42 AM
Have you done much exploring out there Rossco?

Rossco
4th March 2015, 06:52 AM
Yeah a bit. Got a fair idea of the area, with a few grey patches in between. Will be good too fill these in tho. Keen to check out deep ck area - haven't been in there.

Winnie
4th March 2015, 07:27 AM
Yeah I have not been around Deep Creek either. So yeah we can check out some maps at Andy's this weekend and make a vague plan I guess.

lucus30
4th March 2015, 08:23 AM
mmmm pizza..

Rossco
4th March 2015, 08:49 AM
Yeah I have not been around Deep Creek either. So yeah we can check out some maps at Andy's this weekend and make a vague plan I guess.

Sounds like a plan! ! I've got some paper rooftop maps of the area. Looking forward to having a look at deep ck. . . It's been on the list for a while. . .

AB
4th March 2015, 06:56 PM
Oh crap just chatting to the minister...

I'm a bad bad bad father!!!

It's lachys 1st birthday on the Saturday night at our rsl... :(

Sorry gents I'm definitely out!!!

Winnie
4th March 2015, 06:59 PM
Oh crap just chatting to the minister...

I'm a bad bad bad father!!!

It's lachys 1st birthday on the Saturday night at our rsl... :(

Sorry gents I'm definitely out!!!

All good... We will be back there in May. Looks like this will just be a reccy trip for the bigger one. That's a good thing!

AB
4th March 2015, 07:03 PM
All good... We will be back there in May. Looks like this will just be a reccy trip for the bigger one. That's a good thing!

I'm guttered but yeah my boys 1st birthday... Can't believe he's 1...31/03/2014

Rossco
4th March 2015, 07:20 PM

Yeah bugger, can't miss that one, think you would be in the bad books for a while. Yeah we'll do some reccy for next time. . . Should be good. . .

Bloodyaussie
4th March 2015, 08:59 PM

You weak c%$t....... just say to your 1950's house wife this is the way it is...... bwa ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Winnie
4th March 2015, 09:01 PM
You weak c%$t....... just say to your 1950's house wife this is the way it is...... bwa ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Oi you! And why aren't you coming? Has your 20th century wife put her foot down?

Bloodyaussie
4th March 2015, 09:05 PM
Oi you! And why aren't you coming? Has your 20th century wife put her foot down?

It will be one year since I was in the high country.... pretty close to my 20 year anniversary with Mags too.

Bloodyaussie
5th March 2015, 06:17 PM
I must have offended somebody............ anyway pretty sure now AB has pulled out I will be there.

Winnie
5th March 2015, 06:24 PM
I must have offended somebody............ anyway pretty sure now AB has pulled out I will be there.

You are always offensive. You need to come on this trip

Bloodyaussie
5th March 2015, 06:32 PM
In

Rossco
Winnie
Katwoman
Bloodyaussie
Cgm
Sooty

Maybe
SG1

Winnie
5th March 2015, 06:34 PM
Where is roofy?? Surely he wants to test the new birthday present!!?

AB
5th March 2015, 06:50 PM

Who have you offended captain paranoia?

Me?? Bahahahha how in hell have you done that muffins?

Bloodyaussie
5th March 2015, 07:24 PM
Can anyone find the date from last years dargo trip... I want to work out when I burried mum?

BigRAWesty
5th March 2015, 07:30 PM
Can anyone find the date from last years dargo trip... I want to work out when I burried mum? Was anzac day long weekend bud

Winnie
5th March 2015, 07:32 PM
Was australia day long weekend bud

No it wasn't.

Winnie
5th March 2015, 07:34 PM
Can anyone find the date from last years dargo trip... I want to work out when I burried mum?

She was buried on the 25th of April.

lucus30
5th March 2015, 07:35 PM
Here is the thread
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=26897

BigRAWesty
5th March 2015, 07:41 PM
No it wasn't.
My apologies. Anzac Day.

AB
5th March 2015, 08:00 PM

You should do that trip every year then yeah???

Make it a tradition for you and your family etc

Rossco
5th March 2015, 08:03 PM

Ah, so your coming now Jono . . Yeah actually, think I'm busy this weekend. . . .

Bloodyaussie
5th March 2015, 08:46 PM
Ah, so your coming now Jono . . Yeah actually, think I'm busy this weekend. . . .

You wanker.... think I just going to devote all my time to following you around.

Rossco
5th March 2015, 08:53 PM
Glad you've locked it in jono.

Where is roofy?? Surely he wants to test the new birthday present!!?

Where is Roofy,? perfect chance to test out that pressie. . .

Sir Roofy
5th March 2015, 09:44 PM
[QUOTE=Rossco;585506]Glad you've locked it in jono.

Where is Roofy,? perfect chance to test out that pressie. . .[/QUOTE

IM HERE -DOING WONNANGATTA THIS W/END

Rossco
5th March 2015, 10:06 PM
Hmm, that sux. Wonnongatta will be good tho. . .

MEGOMONSTER
5th March 2015, 11:21 PM
I will try to make this one.
I have put the feelers out already, and seems promising.
Another place I have never been, and would really like to see the place.

katwoman
6th March 2015, 07:38 AM
Check the dates, Roofy. You'll be home for this. Bring Jane-O up sat arvo after work. ( please).

Winnie
6th March 2015, 07:40 AM
Check the dates, Roofy. You'll be home for this. Bring Jane-O up sat arvo after work. ( please).

Close to home too. Would be good to see you there Roofy.

Sir Roofy
6th March 2015, 09:46 AM
hmm, that sux. Wonnongatta will be good tho. . .

that didnt come out right,going in to wonnangatta today till monday
will be at aberfeldy for your w/end
@kat see what i can do about jane think she has something on

Winnie
6th March 2015, 11:08 AM
that didnt come out right,going in to wonnangatta today till monday
will be at aberfeldy for your w/end
@kat see what i can do about jane think she has something on

Good work!!

Rossco
6th March 2015, 04:10 PM
Good work roofy. Have fun at Wonnongatta. . .

cgm
11th March 2015, 12:42 AM
Is it 27th yet? I'm itching to go. I ordered a rooftop (and hema) map last week. They arrived today. Opened it and laughed at one spot somewhere near where you said the camp is there were 3 small arrows to different parts all leading back to the word "steep". Noticed quite a few of these with a bit more of a look.

I am so keen. :)

Winnie
11th March 2015, 07:26 AM
Is it 27th yet? I'm itching to go. I ordered a rooftop (and hema) map last week. They arrived today. Opened it and laughed at one spot somewhere near where you said the camp is there were 3 small arrows to different parts all leading back to the word "steep". Noticed quite a few of these with a bit more of a look.

I am so keen. :)

Yep me too! Can't wait

Bloodyaussie
11th March 2015, 08:00 AM
So we are base camping are we??? Would have liked to have done a traveling trip for a change but happy either way.

In

Rossco
Winnie
Katwoman
Bloodyaussie
Cgm
Sooty

Maybe
SG1

Winnie
11th March 2015, 10:14 AM
So we are base camping are we??? Would have liked to have done a traveling trip for a change but happy either way.

In

Rossco
Winnie
Katwoman
Bloodyaussie
Cgm
Sooty

Maybe
SG1

Yes we are base camping at O'Tooles. Plan a travelling trip if you want to do one.

Rossco
11th March 2015, 12:05 PM

I agree with you Jono, i like traveling trips, think might have to do one next trip. Aberfeldys not bad as a base camp tho, everythings pretty central. . .

Bloodyaussie
11th March 2015, 01:57 PM
Yes we are base camping at O'Tooles. Plan a travelling trip if you want to do one.

And I will princess but it will be an 8 car max trip...

Winnie
11th March 2015, 03:18 PM
Sounds like fun, count me in. Not like you have 7 other mates better than me! bwahaha

Sir Roofy
11th March 2015, 03:32 PM
ill be in this as well depending on dates OF BA,S trip

Sir Roofy
11th March 2015, 03:37 PM
yep me too! Can't wait

ill be there as well sat arvo after jane knocks off

Winnie
11th March 2015, 03:40 PM

Awesome Roofy. I'm not sure exactly what time I'll be in Moe now, things have changed at work so I might be a bit later. If anybody was planning on meeting me there Friday night I'll work a time for sure.

Bloodyaussie
11th March 2015, 07:36 PM
Bit surprised by the small numbers coming... I have no idea yet as to what time I will leave home as yet.

I think if you are planning a bigger trip for May you should post it up?

Winnie
11th March 2015, 07:38 PM
Bit surprised by the small numbers coming... I have no idea yet as to what time I will leave home as yet.

Can't be certain yet and want to wait til this trip is done so we have an idea of the tracks conditions.

AB
11th March 2015, 07:53 PM
I can't believe you are all ditching my sons 1st birthday to go "off" "roading".

Bloodyaussie
11th March 2015, 08:01 PM
I can't believe you are all ditching my sons 1st birthday to go "off" "roading".

You would not have invited me anyway!!!!!

Rossco
11th March 2015, 08:02 PM

Just jelous that you can't too! !

AB
11th March 2015, 08:03 PM
You would not have invited me anyway!!!!!

I sent you an invite in the mail bro!?!?!?

With a cute little pic of my little man

I bet it was just tossed in the bin treated like junk mail :(

Bloodyaussie
11th March 2015, 08:08 PM
I sent you an invite in the mail bro!?!?!?

With a cute little pic of my little man

I bet it was just tossed in the bin treated like junk mail :(

Pigs ass !!!!!!!!!

If I got mail from you I would have come skipping into the house like a little girl !!!

Winnie
11th March 2015, 08:31 PM

We will have a beer for him =)

katwoman
11th March 2015, 08:56 PM

Woohoo, Jane-O !!! Bring a you know what ???

AB
11th March 2015, 09:01 PM
Pigs ass !!!!!!!!!

If I got mail from you I would have come skipping into the house like a little girl !!!

Pm me your address... This I gotta see ;)

lucus30
11th March 2015, 09:22 PM

I agree and pick a bloody weekend I can come too

Bloodyaussie
11th March 2015, 09:32 PM
Pm me your address... This I gotta see ;)

You know where I live. ...

Lucus shoose up you aee like 3dogs you will never turn up to a meet!!!!!

AB
11th March 2015, 09:39 PM
Yeah Rossco I'm very jealous to be honest!!!!

Have a ball gents!

Rossco
11th March 2015, 10:16 PM
Don't worry we will be doing quite a bit serious research and reconnaissance work. Will probably be quite taxing and tedious . . . . You won't be missing out on much.

Winnie
11th March 2015, 10:17 PM
Don't worry we will be doing quite a bit serious research and reconnaissance work. Will probably be quite taxing and tedious . . . . You won't be missing out on much.

Yes hard work indeed... Someone's gotta do it!

Bloodyaussie
11th March 2015, 10:20 PM

I wont be working hard at all.....

Winnie
11th March 2015, 10:26 PM
I wont be working hard at all.....

You were gonna be in charge of fire wood?

Lmao. I will bring enough wood for Friday night, we will need to get some for Saturday night

cgm
11th March 2015, 10:43 PM
I'm nearly out of wood, but have a small bit left, I'll bring that. A couple of good pieces of redgum I think that should burn for a little while.

How much driving in terms of kms are we likely to do from the base camp over the two days? The Jack is really thirsty, so I'm wondering if I will need a jerry or two of petrol or not? Crawling around some tough steep stuff I might end up using 25+ l/100km.

Bloodyaussie
11th March 2015, 10:47 PM
You were gonna be in charge of fire wood?

Lmao. I will bring enough wood for Friday night, we will need to get some for Saturday night

Funny I have been doing these renovations and work killed me today and my back is stuffed.. I did sn hour of ice and heat and it seems to have done the trick but my bloody sciatic nerve still killing me. .. so the thought of chainsawing just does not appeal to me at all.
Knowing me though I will still do it then mags will get the shits when I get home as I cant stand straight. ..lol

Starting to get excited as it has been a whole year since being in the high country. ..... woot woot

jay see
11th March 2015, 10:53 PM
I agree and pick a bloody weekend I can come too

And me....

lucus30
12th March 2015, 07:18 AM
You know where I live. ...

Lucus shoose up you aee like 3dogs you will never turn up to a meet!!!!!

Oi i've come to a few things

Toolangi trip for the day with dad
Pizza Night at AB's
Mattys place
and met up with Jaysee and GQjett and did kinglake

So you Shooosh. Maybe you just pick weekends when i can't come

Winnie
12th March 2015, 07:55 AM
When a date is posted just make it happen!

lucus30
12th March 2015, 08:44 AM
Bit hard it always seems to be weddings weddings and the occasional engagement party. Its all we seem to do these days

Bloodyaussie
12th March 2015, 09:26 AM
Bit hard it always seems to be weddings weddings and the occasional engagement party. Its all we seem to do these days

Yeah sucks to be you ...lol

Unfortunately it is hard to please everyone and we learnt some time ago to just set a date and location and those that can make it will.... as soon as you put it open to discussion it turns into a shumozzle.

jay see
12th March 2015, 09:30 AM

All part of the cycle. Next there will be babies and milestone birthdays.

jay see
12th March 2015, 09:30 AM

Unfortunately it is hard to please everyone and we learnt some time ago to just set a date and location and those that can make it will.... as soon as you put it open to discussion it turns into a shumozzle.

True true.

lucus30
12th March 2015, 09:50 AM

Yeah I know the reasons mate. You can't please everyone and that's just the way it is though I do come when I can
I honestly wasn't complaining I was just replying to your post

Bloodyaussie
12th March 2015, 10:14 AM
Yeah I know the reasons mate. You can't please everyone and that's just the way it is though I do come when I can
I honestly wasn't complaining I was just replying to your post

Did not think you were.... just stating the obvious for some out there...lol

My wife and I have been talking about trips to do and I am just stinging to get back up there plus have even talked about the Top end and W.A....

I miss this so much... been shooting a lot lately and it has been a great distraction but I truly love 4wding in the high country so much more.

Rossco
12th March 2015, 10:44 AM
How much driving in terms of kms are we likely to do from the base camp over the two days? The Jack is really thirsty, so I'm wondering if I will need a jerry or two of petrol or not? Crawling around some tough steep stuff I might end up using 25+ l/100km.

Probly do round 100 + K in a day ish. Doesn't sound like much but pretty much every track up there is steep. Low range will certainly get a work out that's for sure. Good idea to grab a jerry even if you just leave it at camp.

Winnie
12th March 2015, 11:52 AM
I'm nearly out of wood, but have a small bit left, I'll bring that. A couple of good pieces of redgum I think that should burn for a little while.

Yeah like Rossco said, I would grab a jerry can just in case. Moe is your last stop for fuel too, no more fuel at Rawson.

Sir Roofy
12th March 2015, 12:02 PM
funny i have been doing these renovations and work killed me today and my back is stuffed.. I did sn hour of ice and heat and it seems to have done the trick but my bloody sciatic nerve still killing me. .. So the thought of chainsawing just does not appeal to me at all.
Knowing me though i will still do it then mags will get the shits when i get home as i cant stand straight. ..lol

starting to get excited as it has been a whole year since being in the high country. ..... Woot woot

for heavens sake stay home

Sir Roofy
12th March 2015, 12:08 PM
bit hard it always seems to be weddings weddings and the occasional engagement party. Its all we seem to do these days

time you stood up for ya self and said ill give this one a miss

Winnie
12th March 2015, 12:10 PM
Roofy laying down the LAW

Bloodyaussie
12th March 2015, 12:12 PM
for heavens sake stay home

No you...... lol.

As for petrol I chewed through it on these trips and on one trip had 3 jerry cans and used them.

This will be the first test with diesel for me.

Winnie
12th March 2015, 12:18 PM
How big is the fuel tank on the Jackeroo?
Is anybody planning on meeting me in Moe on the Friday night?

Rossco
12th March 2015, 01:41 PM
No you...... lol.

As for petrol I chewed through it on these trips and on one trip had 3 jerry cans and used them.

This will be the first test with diesel for me.

You can throw your jerry cans in the bin now you are officially a diesel man :)

Rossco
12th March 2015, 01:44 PM

Not sure yet I'll see if anyone wants to convoy in, if not i might head across through South Face road.

faw33
12th March 2015, 02:01 PM
enjoy guys sounds like a great day

katwoman
12th March 2015, 10:41 PM
We're hoping to sneak the girl out of school early, even if its only 45 minutes for us, thru Heyfield. Just got to work out how many k's the new ute gets on straight gas.

cgm
12th March 2015, 10:51 PM
Probly do round 100 + K in a day ish. Doesn't sound like much but pretty much every track up there is steep. Low range will certainly get a work out that's for sure. Good idea to grab a jerry even if you just leave it at camp.

Thx Rossco. That makes sense. I will put a couple in. Matches in the rough range I was thinking. That's the down side of running petrol. You need more and it's more flammable to carry. I got used to it in Saudi, took out the back seat and had 16 in there on my last big trip.

@Winnie, the Jack only takes 85 litres. So doesn't give too much to play with. Putting one or two in will make me comfortable not to stress about running out.

cgm
12th March 2015, 11:00 PM

I've got the day off on Friday so I'm a little flexible. Will take me about 4 hours to get across to Moe. I'd like to go in with someone. I'd be able to go in a little earlier otherwise I'll just leave a little later and go in with you after work Winnie.

What are others up to with timing?

Winnie
13th March 2015, 07:10 AM
We're hoping to sneak the girl out of school early, even if its only 45 minutes for us, thru Heyfield. Just got to work out how many k's the new ute gets on straight gas.

Will the ute be ready?

lucus30
13th March 2015, 08:27 AM
I've got the day off on Friday so I'm a little flexible. Will take me about 4 hours to get across to Moe. I'd like to go in with someone. I'd be able to go in a little earlier otherwise I'll just leave a little later and go in with you after work Winnie.

What are others up to with timing?

Hey mate I was thinking about taking the Friday off and heading in early. I just have to leave on Saturday morning, I've been to O'Toole's once but it was only a few months ago so sort of remember

Rossco
13th March 2015, 08:33 AM
Yeah its pretty easy, if you've got a rooftops map you'll have no worries at all.

Winnie
13th March 2015, 10:35 AM
Hey mate I was thinking about taking the Friday off and heading in early. I just have to leave on Saturday morning, I've been to O'Toole's once but it was only a few months ago so sort of remember
Oh mate I missed that you were coming? Good stuff!!

Yeah its pretty easy, if you've got a rooftops map you'll have no worries at all.
Yep it's really easy to find, there are plenty of sign posts up now to make sure you are on the right track. The campground is sign posted too. Whoever gets there first should grab us a nice big spot close to the big swimming hole.

Sir Roofy
13th March 2015, 11:07 AM
hey mate i was thinking about taking the friday off and heading in early. I just have to leave on saturday morning, i've been to o'toole's once but it was only a few months ago so sort of remember

glad to see your coming mate

lucus30
13th March 2015, 11:35 AM

Yep it's really easy to find, there are plenty of sign posts up now to make sure you are on the right track. The campground is sign posted too. Whoever gets there first should grab us a nice big spot close to the big swimming hole.

Its not locked in yet. But thinking about it as I want to get out and even if I can only do an overnighter and leave about 8 in the morning

Rossco
13th March 2015, 12:06 PM
Yeah it'd be good if you can make it up. I'll try and get up at a reasonable time., should be right. ..

Bloodyaussie
13th March 2015, 01:12 PM
I am going to do some sucking up and see if I can leave early friday morning. .

Alexander finishes kinder at 1.45pm then Erica at 3.15pm and would need them picked up for me??? See what I can manage.

lucus30
13th March 2015, 01:54 PM
I am going to do some sucking up and see if I can leave early friday morning. .

Alexander finishes kinder at 1.45pm then Erica at 3.15pm and would need them picked up for me??? See what I can manage.

Oh sweet would be awesome better chuck my leave in for the friday then

Winnie
13th March 2015, 01:56 PM
Oh sweet would be awesome better chuck my leave in for the friday then

Will you be bringing your pup along?
Would be good to have somebody for Diesel to play with.

lucus30
13th March 2015, 02:32 PM
Will you be bringing your pup along?
Would be good to have somebody for Diesel to play with.

Nah the ms is staying home so she can look after him

katwoman
13th March 2015, 07:20 PM
Will the ute be ready?

Im hoping so.. He's putting in sh!t load of hours this week.

Winnie
13th March 2015, 07:27 PM
Im hoping so.. He's putting in sh!t load of hours this week.

Bloody hope it is ready! Will be awesome! And a good surprise for those who don't know about it =)

Sir Roofy
13th March 2015, 07:35 PM
bloody hope it is ready! Will be awesome! And a good surprise for those who don't know about it =)

thats if it makes it mate

lucus30
13th March 2015, 08:13 PM
Bloody hope it is ready! Will be awesome! And a good surprise for those who don't know about it =)

Assuming we are talking about the Ftruck ??

Winnie
13th March 2015, 08:19 PM
Assuming we are talking about the Ftruck ??

Nope something better!

katwoman
13th March 2015, 09:04 PM
thats if it makes it mate

Fingers crossed.

Wont have time to put a fuel tank in it, so hopefully 90L of gas will be enough just to see how it goes...
There wont be much sleep in our house in the next two weeks.

Winnie
13th March 2015, 09:42 PM
Fingers crossed.

Wont have time to put a fuel tank in it, so hopefully 90L of gas will be enough just to see how it goes...
There wont be much sleep in our house in the next two weeks.

Surely? Will you be bringing two cars again? Even if you just drove it to otooles and park it there and drive around in your Patrol?

katwoman
13th March 2015, 10:13 PM
Surely? Will you be bringing two cars again? Even if you just drove it to otooles and park it there and drive around in your Patrol?

Yeah. I think so. I'll tow the camper. And we'll just syphon everyones gas bottles !! Would be weird taking one car..............

Drewboyaus
13th March 2015, 11:55 PM
I can't make this one but did I read somewhere this might be a reccie for a later trip?
I farking love that Wahalla/Aberfeldie area.
Haven't been there since early last year.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

katwoman
14th March 2015, 06:57 AM

Where's the swimming hole ? We've never actually stayed at O'Tooles. We stay at little O'Tooles or one of the huts. I would think the water would be getting a bit cool by now ?

Winnie
14th March 2015, 08:47 AM
I can't make this one but did I read somewhere this might be a reccie for a later trip?
I farking love that Wahalla/Aberfeldie area.
Haven't been there since early last year.....

Yep! Spot on drew.

Where's the swimming hole ? We've never actually stayed at O'Tooles. We stay at little O'Tooles or one of the huts. I would think the water would be getting a bit cool by now ?
As you enter otooles, it's the far right Corner.

Drewboyaus
14th March 2015, 11:53 AM
Yep! Spot on drew.

When are you thinking of the other trip?

Winnie
14th March 2015, 12:02 PM
When are you thinking of the other trip?

Probably May?

DSPIES
18th March 2015, 08:09 AM
I'm out for this one as well.
These trips always seem to fall on the one weekend of the month when i'm unavailable. it's uncanny.

Can we lock in May early and avoid the weekend of 16/17....?

lucus30
18th March 2015, 08:59 AM
Any one want to meet up at Rawson and head in together on Friday. I was thinking about meeting at Rawson between 10am to 12?
I've been there recently and shouldn't have a problem navigating in. The junction is the only confusing part

Bloodyaussie
18th March 2015, 09:06 AM
Any one want to meet up at Rawson and head in together on Friday. I was thinking about meeting at Rawson between 10am to 12?
I've been there recently and shouldn't have a problem navigating in. The junction is the only confusing part

I will let you know... I am closer to Rossco and was going to see what time and way he would travel..

Winnie
18th March 2015, 09:11 AM
You'd probably be better to meet in Moe mate, Rawson is a little bit out of the way.

Or even at Trafalgar at the train station, it's right on the highway.

lucus30
18th March 2015, 09:27 AM
True, I guess we would have phone signal there. I'm easy just wondering if anybody is coming in Friday morningish ?

Rossco
18th March 2015, 10:01 AM
Yeah that's a bit early for me i think, have allready done 2 4 day weeks, can't push my luck to much!! Can probably get off work 2.30 3 ish i reckon. Might head up through noojee & sth face rd. There's no fuel after Yarra junction but should be all good with old diesel :)

lucus30
18th March 2015, 10:19 AM
From your place I think that would be a good way to go. Bit out of the way for me though

cgm
18th March 2015, 12:12 PM
I'm coming across and would be able to meet about 2pm in Moe. Maybe a little earlier if I have to. :). Or happy to meet in Melbourne on the way through.

What about Sooty? You still coming? You must also be crossing
Town?

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

lucus30
18th March 2015, 01:15 PM
No 2PM is fine. Was just keen to get in early as I have to leave about 8am on saturday probably

cgm
18th March 2015, 01:30 PM
No 2PM is fine. Was just keen to get in early as I have to leave about 8am on saturday probably

Ok, so tie this down. :) Lucas and I will be at Moe at 2 pm for those who want to join us.

lucus30
18th March 2015, 02:04 PM
Anybody that is meeting us on Friday I'll exchange phone numbers with closer to the date

sooty_10
18th March 2015, 05:34 PM
I'm coming across and would be able to meet about 2pm in Moe. Maybe a little earlier if I have to. :). Or happy to meet in Melbourne on the way through.

What about Sooty? You still coming? You must also be crossing
Town?

Unfortunately things are now up in the air for me. I'm applying for interstate jobs and am currently hopping around the country for pointless (unless I get the job) assessments. Just been to Adelaide for a few days and now trying to organise Brisbane. It's looking like I will be going up the weekend off this trip. So I'm back to a very unlikely maybe..... :(

lucus30
18th March 2015, 05:48 PM
Unfortunately things are now up in the air for me. I'm applying for interstate jobs and am currently hopping around the country for pointless (unless I get the job) assessments. Just been to Adelaide for a few days and now trying to organise Brisbane. It's looking like I will be going up the weekend off this trip. So I'm back to a very unlikely maybe..... :(

Bummer mate would have been good to see you and the ms again and the td42 of course

cgm
18th March 2015, 06:17 PM

Pity for us, but i hope all the tripping around pays off for you. All the best with the job hunting.

Winnie
23rd March 2015, 11:13 AM
Just heard that DSE are doing planned burns in the Erica area, I need to find out more info guys but this might be a deal breaker?

Winnie
23rd March 2015, 11:17 AM
We should be fine.
There are burns planned "within 10 days" close by but we will have to monitor for sure.
Keep up to date with this map though.
http://www.depi.vic.gov.au/fire-and-emergencies/planned-burns/planned-burns-now-and-next-10-days

Rossco
23rd March 2015, 01:31 PM
Should be fine, there burning everywhere ATM, we'll just manage it if we have to. Most of the areas we will be in got burnt in the Aberfelfy fires a few years ago so there won't be any fuel reduction burns going on in there yet. Might just be smokey in the area tho.

katwoman
23rd March 2015, 01:34 PM
I am officially excited. Doesn't look like the new toy will make it and I have a bit of work to do to Katrol, but we'll hopefully be getting away by lunch time. Looks like the fire truck might get a run.

Winnie
23rd March 2015, 01:34 PM
Should be fine, there burning everywhere ATM, we'll just manage it if we have to. Most of the areas we will be in got burnt in the Aberfelfy fires a few years ago so there won't be any fuel reduction burns going on in there yet. Might just be smokey in the area tho.

Yeah their burns are planned for Mt Useful. As long as we keep it in mind we should be fine.

Bloodyaussie
23rd March 2015, 04:51 PM
I will be leaving later than I would have liked... I have to pick up the kids at 1pm and drop them off at Mag's work and from there I am off.... so I should be leaving the Northern suburbs by 1.30pm.

lucus30
23rd March 2015, 06:15 PM
I will be leaving later than I would have liked... I have to pick up the kids at 1pm and drop them off at Mag's work and from there I am off.... so I should be leaving the Northern suburbs by 1.30pm.

Friday or Saturday ?

Rossco
23rd March 2015, 06:34 PM
As it happens i need to have a look at a few sites on the Aberfelfy River for a quote for some work, so will be able to justify this and had up a little early! ! Probably head up and allow bout half a day to look around at a few sites, so should be able to get up there mid day ish hopefully.

Winnie
23rd March 2015, 06:58 PM
As it happens i need to have a look at a few sites on the Aberfelfy River for a quote for some work, so will be able to justify this and had up a little early! ! Probably head up and allow bout half a day to look around at a few sites, so should be able to get up there mid day ish hopefully.

And fuel paid for by the company, nice!

Rossco
23rd March 2015, 07:24 PM
And fuel paid for by the company, nice!

Yeah tried that one but no luck. . .

Looking forward to it now, thinking we should check out deep ck tracks earlyish in the day, maybe a few warm up tracks first. Can't wait!! . . The weather is looking pretty reasonable at this stage. . .

Winnie
23rd March 2015, 07:34 PM
Yeah tried that one but no luck. . .

Looking forward to it now, thinking we should check out deep ck tracks earlyish in the day, maybe a few warm up tracks first. Can't wait!! . . The weather is looking pretty reasonable at this stage. . .

Yeah I was thinking head straight there and have some fun on the way. Can't wait!

cgm
23rd March 2015, 08:20 PM

Do you want us to make our time just a little later and meet you at Moe? I don't think it will make too much difference? Well not to me at least, will let me either sleep in or madly dash around doing everything last minute ...

Still happy to go with the 2pm time Lucus and I have set, but if you want, we can all head in together? Just sing out Lucus if you still want to go in on the earlier time, since you have to leave early on Saturday.

lucus30
23rd March 2015, 09:32 PM
Do you want us to make our time just a little later and meet you at Moe? I don't think it will make too much difference? Well not to me at least, will let me either sleep in or madly dash around doing everything last minute ...

Still happy to go with the 2pm time Lucus and I have set, but if you want, we can all head in together? Just sing out Lucus if you still want to go in on the earlier time, since you have to leave early on Saturday.

Yeah mate I'm happy either way. Remember I'm driving a gutless 4.5 on gas so its not the fastest thing up hills

cgm
23rd March 2015, 09:37 PM
Yeah mate I'm happy either way. Remember I'm driving a gutless 4.5 on gas so its not the fastest thing up hills

I was feeling like that, but it has improved a little since I put the lower diff ratios in. Still, it's not like the 4.8 I used to have! There's no race, so no issues there. I think it is still at least social to meet and go in together, so would like to wait for BA if that suits him. Will send a PM shortly with my mobile number.

BA, just let us know a time then.

Bloodyaussie
24th March 2015, 08:15 AM
I am easy and if you guys want to start your day early that's fine there is no need to wait.... but I do prefer to travel in groups so let me know what you decide before the end of the week.

I am swapping work days today as the weather is crap and will use it to take out the radiator and clean it as it is still filthy from the Oz day trip.

I should probably start packing also as time is tight this week.... what to bring, its been so long?

lucus30
24th March 2015, 08:44 AM
I am easy and if you guys want to start your day early that's fine there is no need to wait.... but I do prefer to travel in groups so let me know what you decide before the end of the week.

I am swapping work days today as the weather is crap and will use it to take out the radiator and clean it as it is still filthy from the Oz day trip.

I should probably start packing also as time is tight this week.... what to bring, its been so long?

Baked beans and a swag ha ha

Maxhead
24th March 2015, 09:41 AM
Baked beans and a swag ha ha

....and the beer is where!???

.....on the move

Bloodyaussie
24th March 2015, 12:21 PM
baked beans and a swag ha ha

fail !!!!!!!!!! No beer ???

cgm
24th March 2015, 01:02 PM
So what time in Moe BA? Can anyone suggest a meeting place? Fuel station I assume?

Rossco
24th March 2015, 01:20 PM
So what time in Moe BA? Can anyone suggest a meeting place? Fuel station I assume?

BP in Moe is the one, just of the second exit off the freeway, pretty easy to find :)

lucus30
24th March 2015, 03:09 PM
fail !!!!!!!!!! No beer ???

I assumed that was a given. what else would you put in the fridge?

Sir Roofy
24th March 2015, 03:18 PM

hahahahah I like the boy good reply lucas

Bloodyaussie
24th March 2015, 04:01 PM

Chicken balls..

Bloodyaussie
25th March 2015, 07:11 PM
Sorry guys I have to pull out of this trip..

It hurts but just going to be too much of a stretch for me.

AB
25th March 2015, 07:39 PM

Well organise a run a few weeks after Easter mate.

Rossco
25th March 2015, 07:40 PM

What! ! No good jono, no chance you can make it happen. . . It should be a pretty good weekend. . . Come on. . .

Bloodyaussie
25th March 2015, 07:42 PM
What! ! No good jono, no chance you can make it happen. . . It should be a pretty good weekend. . . Come on. . .

Sorry am flat broke and mags is not well so it would be a huge strain and I could not enjoy myself knowing all this was going on.

Winnie
25th March 2015, 07:44 PM
Well organise a run a few weeks after Easter mate.

Yeah for sure... No stress as there is a low turn out anyway

Winnie
25th March 2015, 08:05 PM
We've decided to leave the camper at home and use the tent for this one, gonna be no rain, but we will be leaving very early on Sunday and I don't want to have to pack the camper up damp because it's an absolute pain to get it into our front yard to setup...

cgm
25th March 2015, 08:14 PM

Bummer :(

Would love to try to help you make it happen somehow, but I understand that in these situations often you know it's best not to. Pity though. Hopefully you'll be good to go for the next one.

cgm
25th March 2015, 08:22 PM
Lucus, so you good to go for 2:00pm then at the BP that Rossco mentioned? That is pretty comfortable time for me not to be rushing in the morning, but we'll also get in to camp in good daylight. Should be pretty relaxed.

lucus30
25th March 2015, 08:30 PM
Sorry am flat broke and mags is not well so it would be a huge strain and I could not enjoy myself knowing all this was going on.

Oh mate that sucks but understand will hopefully see you after Easter

Lucus, so you good to go for 2:00pm then at the BP that Rossco mentioned? That is pretty comfortable time for me not to be rushing in the morning, but we'll also get in to camp in good daylight. Should be pretty relaxed.

Yeah mate sounds good. Will put a map up of meet location tomorrow night

Rossco
25th March 2015, 08:44 PM

Yeah bummer. . . Don't worry we'll sus out some good tracks for next time. . . Should b good: )

cgm
25th March 2015, 08:45 PM
Yeah mate sounds good. Will put a map up of meet location tomorrow night

Cool, will see you there then.

Last night I cut a small hole in the top of my drawers and mounted some rubber on the back of the cargo barrier. I can get a strap around my Jerry cans and they'll be tight and not rub. Bit of a pain being petrol, but no big drama. I got some pretty ordinary fuel figures offroad last weekend (around 30 l/100km), but hoping the sample wasn't big enough to be accurate or I stuffed something up. I'm gonna bring 3 cans just in case it was...

Got a couple of things to patch up tonight. Need to try and get a big lever onto one of the stock bash plates near the exhaust. It's only fixed on 3 sides and pushed up a bit. Out in the pyrenees a couple of weekends back and on a couple of really steep climbs it must sit back on the engine mounts just enough for the exhaust to knock that plate and got a regular knocking noise. Hope that's all it is. Also got to put a screw back in a mudflat and pack a few standard items back in the drawers. Will do my final pack tomorrow night. I noticed when I was under the truck the other day that the petrol tank gaurd has had a decent whack and the drain plug is slightly exposed. Probably should look at that, but might run out of time.

Only two more sleeps to go :)

Rossco
25th March 2015, 09:04 PM
Yep getting close now :) Weather is looking pretty good, snow to 1300m tomorrow & Friday but nice on the weekend, will be pretty cold nights tho. I will bring a saw and get some wood in the arvo. Should get up there round 1 ish hopefully.

Still need to get the GQ back together. Been a bit busy lately and all haven't got this rear bay on yet. . . Long story short got a bad paint match for the rear quarters and haven't had time to get it matched correctly till this week, anyway should be back together tomorrow (has to be!!). Hopefully the paint is good if not it will be in primer. . . Bout time i got this bloody bar on!!

Winnie
25th March 2015, 09:14 PM
Yep getting close now :) Weather is looking pretty good, snow to 1300m tomorrow & Friday but nice on the weekend, will be pretty cold nights tho. I will bring a saw and get some wood in the arvo. Should get up there round 1 ish hopefully.

Still need to get the GQ back together. Been a bit busy lately and all haven't got this rear bay on yet. . . Long story short got a bad paint match for the rear quarters and haven't had time to get it matched correctly till this week, anyway should be back together tomorrow (has to be!!). Hopefully the paint is good if not it will be in primer. . . Bout time i got this bloody bar on!!

Bloody hell mate, thought you would have been right on that!! Saw Andy's bar and it looks great!
If the snow is that low it won't take us long to find some.

Rossco
25th March 2015, 09:42 PM
Bloody hell mate, thought you would have been right on that!! Saw Andy's bar and it looks great!
If the snow is that low it won't take us long to find some.

Yeah it's taken a while!! There's been a bit going on and the bad paint match stuffed me round a bit - Grrrrrrrr. Can't wait to get it on, Andy's does look good very happy with them.

Yeah there's a chance of a bit of snow, probably won't hang around long but you never know :)

AB
25th March 2015, 09:51 PM
Yeah it's taken a while!! There's been a bit going on and the bad paint match stuffed me round a bit - Grrrrrrrr. Can't wait to get it on, Andy's does look good very happy with them.

Yeah there's a chance of a bit of snow, probably won't hang around long but you never know :)

Where did you get the paint?

Shame mate, all that work and a shitty paint match would send me mad!

Rossco
25th March 2015, 10:07 PM
Diamond Creek (paint & auto place). Yeah pretty annoying, it was done to code, looked alright in the can but was a bit dark. All good, it'll get there just bad timing with being a bit busy, worth the wait to get it right tho. . .

Winnie
25th March 2015, 10:19 PM
Diamond Creek (paint & auto place). Yeah pretty annoying, it was done to code, looked alright in the can but was a bit dark. All good, it'll get there just bad timing with being a bit busy, worth the wait to get it right tho. . .

Maybe your paint has faded over the years. Can you take the car in and get them to match it?

AB
25th March 2015, 10:21 PM
Maybe your paint has faded over the years. Can you take the car in and get them to match it?

Or just take the petrol cap plate off and take that in.

Rossco
25th March 2015, 10:23 PM
Yeah they did match it when i took it back. Took in a bit of the cut quarter, hopefully it's all good now, find out tomorrow when i paint it. . .

MEGOMONSTER
25th March 2015, 11:32 PM
Unfortunately I must miss this trip, was looking good until today.

lucus30
25th March 2015, 11:33 PM
So who is still in for this ?

cgm
26th March 2015, 12:48 AM

Pity mate.

Numbers are dropping!

Should still be a few of us there.

Winnie
26th March 2015, 07:08 AM
So who is still in for this ?

Looks like it's yourself, me, Rossco, cgm and Kat and Steve. Am I missing anyone?

lucus30
26th March 2015, 07:32 AM
Looks like it's yourself, me, Rossco, cgm and Kat and Steve. Am I missing anyone?

And I'm only popping in really. Have to leave at 8am Saturday

Winnie
26th March 2015, 08:30 AM
And I'm only popping in really. Have to leave at 8am Saturday

Enough time for a beer on Friday night then!

Rossco
26th March 2015, 08:36 AM

Yeah that's a bugger mego :(

Numbers are dropping, what about roofy + Jane? ?

All good tho we'll be able to cover a bit of ground, sus or a good route for a future trip.

Sir Roofy
26th March 2015, 09:57 AM
yeah that's a bugger mego :(

numbers are dropping, what about roofy + jane? ?

All good tho we'll be able to cover a bit of ground, sus or a good route for a future trip.

where coming saturday lunch time after jane finishes work

Rossco
26th March 2015, 10:09 AM
where coming saturday lunch time after jane finishes work

Sounds good Roofy, we can meet up at camp if you like then hit some tracks in the arvo of your keen. We can save deep ck if you like. . . Probably a good one to test out that pressie. What time do you envisage getting into camp??

MEGOMONSTER
26th March 2015, 10:15 AM
Pity mate. Numbers are dropping! Should still be a few of us there.

Might still drive up sat night. Not sure yet.

Sir Roofy
26th March 2015, 10:17 AM
sounds good roofy, we can meet up at camp if you like then hit some tracks in the arvo of your keen. We can save deep ck if you like. . . Probably a good one to test out that pressie. What time do you envisage getting into camp??

bout 1,is or there abouts hoping it will be earlyer
see what its like and hit a track or two

Rossco
26th March 2015, 10:18 AM
Might still drive up sat night. Not sure yet.

Yeah comeon Mego just do it. Can still do a drive on Sunday.

Sir Roofy
26th March 2015, 10:19 AM
might still drive up sat night. Not sure yet.

come on mego you know you want to bout time we caught up

Rossco
26th March 2015, 10:21 AM
bout 1,is or there abouts hoping it will be earlyer
see what its like and hit a track or two

Ok. We will head out in the morning for a loop then head back to camp for lunch around 1ish.

Winnie
26th March 2015, 10:40 AM
Sounds good Ross. There is a north loop I wanna look at doing then a south-west loop anyway, we can sort out through maps on Friday night Rossco.

cgm
26th March 2015, 02:14 PM
So, what's the latest on wood. Do I need to bring some or we can find some there? What about the chainsaw?

Small group should mean we have good track progress at least.

I've got Monday off, so not in any hurry to rush off on Sunday, so if Mego can make it up on Saturday I'll still be up for some driving on Sunday.

Rossco
26th March 2015, 02:42 PM
I'll bring a saw and get some wood in the arvo, will be able to find plenty.

I'm up for a drive Sunday. . .

lucus30
26th March 2015, 04:08 PM
Well buller had some snow this morning. Hope we see some around

https://facebook.com/MtBuller

katwoman
26th March 2015, 04:29 PM
I'll bring a saw and get some wood in the arvo, will be able to find plenty. I'm up for a drive Sunday. . .

Yep. Same. As we are coming in from the other way, we'll stop and get wood on the way in.

lucus30
26th March 2015, 07:31 PM
Ok for anybody that is meeting us at Moe at 2pm tomorrow. Here is where we are meeting
https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/BP/@-38.186838,146.283563,19z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x6b2909505d7263f5:0xdf8369e5bce09 d81

I gather channel 17 as per usual ?

cgm
26th March 2015, 10:21 PM
Ok for anybody that is meeting us at Moe at 2pm tomorrow. Here is where we are meeting
https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/BP/@-38.186838,146.283563,19z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x6b2909505d7263f5:0xdf8369e5bce09 d81

I gather channel 17 as per usual ?

Think it's just you and me for 2pm now? I'll see you there.

Just went and did some food shopping. It's really cold here tonight, so got nervous about up there and went past Ray's Outdoors on the way home and bought some Long Johns. :D Even better, they were on special. Top and bottom sold separately and they were marked down from $30 to $10. Might not need them, but just in case ... (thanks to Apollofish for the heads up on where to get them)

I'm hopeless with packing, always seem to forget something. But I should have enough different things to survive. Will pack the car shortly and have an easy departure late morning.

One sleep to go. :)

Winnie
26th March 2015, 10:24 PM
I'm gonna do a quick pack tomorrow night before Amy gets home from work and we should be right to leave straight away

lucus30
26th March 2015, 10:29 PM
Yeah I'm doing a quick pack tomorrow. I'm thinking about buying the darche cold mountain -12 1400 wide sleeping bag tomorrow morning if I can find it around. My old bag is looking a bit thin these days

Rossco
26th March 2015, 11:28 PM
GQ is finally back together, and starting to pack a few things. Still haven't sorted the bloody paint (grrr - don't want to talk about it! !!) but the rear bar looks nice :)

Has been very wintery the snow would have been falling in the hills 4 sure today:) Not long now can't wait to hit the trails :)

cgm
26th March 2015, 11:53 PM
Yeah I'm doing a quick pack tomorrow. I'm thinking about buying the darche cold mountain -12 1400 wide sleeping bag tomorrow morning if I can find it around. My old bag is looking a bit thin these days

Looks nice. Massive though! ha ha But it does look like it will be pretty warm.

I bought a Caribee one from catch of the day, that Clunk mentioned in a recent sleeping bag thread. Used it the last couple of weekends, seems pretty nice. Very happy with it for $50 delivered. It did drop the stitching where the zip is attached, but decided it was much simpler to get the Mrs to sew it up than muck around with swapping it. Think it will be ok now. Reckons it is -10 c. I guess that means it would keep you alive at that temp, I reckon on it's own it would not be very comfortable at that temp.

I'm packed now. Just throw the pillows and last things in tomorrow. Need to do a little bit of work that I did not get done before leaving today. Might squeeze that in before I leave in the morning.

Want to have a quick play with Hema Explorer before I go to bed.

cgm
26th March 2015, 11:56 PM
GQ is finally back together, and starting to pack a few things. Still haven't sorted the bloody paint (grrr - don't want to talk about it! !!) but the rear bar looks nice :)

Has been very wintery the snow would have been falling in the hills 4 sure today:) Not long now can't wait to hit the trails :)

Really interested to check out what you did with the bar. From the pics of Andy's (I assume it is the same) it looks pretty fancy. I'm trying to work out what to do with the back of the Jack, so will be looking very closely. :)

jay see
27th March 2015, 12:44 AM
Have fun peoples.
As always take care and travel safe.

See ya on the next one. Hopefully.

Winnie
27th March 2015, 07:47 AM
Been lots of rain here so the rivers should be up a bit.

lucus30
27th March 2015, 08:28 AM

I've only seen them low so hope I don't have any trouble without a snorkle. From memory its two river crossings? One at the junction and one on Donnelly creek road ?

I've got the snowdrift one also and its been great but I've had it for a fair while and its copped a fair bit of use and probably due for a newy

Can't wait to meet the pup winnie

Winnie
27th March 2015, 09:25 AM
You will have 3 or 4 crossings (2 of them hardly count though). Stick to the left and you'll be fine.

I'm not 100% sure if I'll make it tonight but if I don't then I will be there early tomorrow morning

Sir Roofy
27th March 2015, 09:41 AM
You will have 3 or 4 crossings (2 of them hardly count though). Stick to the left and you'll be fine.

I'm not 100% sure if I'll make it tonight but if I don't then I will be there early tomorrow morning

don't trust the tent mate ?put a tarp over it that will keep the rain out

Winnie
27th March 2015, 09:48 AM
Nah we should be sweet Roofy, just got heaps to do and don't want to get there too late and then have to set up in the wet and dark.

Like I said we should be right but just letting the guys know so they don't think something has happened.

Sir Roofy
27th March 2015, 10:13 AM
nah we should be sweet roofy, just got heaps to do and don't want to get there too late and then have to set up in the wet and dark.

Like i said we should be right but just letting the guys know so they don't think something has happened.

good thinking 99 hope they dont get lost in moe

Winnie
27th March 2015, 10:18 AM
good thinking 99 hope they dont get lost in moe

It's getting to be a pretty big place now. They just put up another Shell servo at Coles

Sir Roofy
27th March 2015, 10:55 AM
It's getting to be a pretty big place now. They just put up another Shell servo at Coles

wonder if the carwash shell will operate it as well
bp is the dearest for fuel john next to aldi is not bad
will be interesting what they will offer

cgm
27th March 2015, 11:07 AM

Ha ha, making me nervous :)

Just leaving Ballarat now. See most of you this evening.

jack
27th March 2015, 11:15 AM
Travel safe guys, and enjoy.

Winnie
27th March 2015, 11:33 AM
wonder if the carwash shell will operate it as well

Nope, being run by the supermarket so I will say that the carwash will suffer big time, the new location is a lot more convenient.