PDA

View Full Version : GU 4.2 for sale

Cuppa
15th February 2015, 11:48 PM
No connection .... just passing on what I’ve seen on another forum.

http://caravanersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55920

MudRunnerTD
15th February 2015, 11:57 PM
Good price. New engine! Nice buy.

katwoman
16th February 2015, 04:58 AM
They have come down in price, ay !

MEGOMONSTER
16th February 2015, 06:08 AM
They have come down in price, ay !not if demand stays high, which I don't see getting any slower

katwoman
16th February 2015, 06:22 AM
not if demand stays high, which I don't see getting any slower

$17K, with a new motor and only 350,kms.. why so cheap ??

mudski
16th February 2015, 11:16 PM
$17K, with a new motor and only 350,kms.. why so cheap ??

Maybe its age? But yeah its pretty cheap. I paid 17k for my GUII with the 3ltr a couple of years ago and anything of the same but with the TD42 was an extra 10k!

Cuppa
17th February 2015, 08:53 AM
If anyone is up Brisbane way perhaps they could check it out? Potentially a bargain for someone.

Clunk
17th February 2015, 10:08 AM
So no photos then, or can you only see them if you're a member there?

I reckon it's been used and abused and is in a sorry state

Cuppa
17th February 2015, 11:59 AM
So no photos then, or can you only see them if you're a member there?

I reckon it's been used and abused and is in a sorry state

Geez Clunk, such negativity. You really should stop slapping that purple belly of yours you old hippo. There are no photos in the post, but it does say quite clearly in the post “Photos by email" . It also says it has never been off road, & was set up to tow a van. It is a predominantly grey nomad forum, my guess is that having got a bigger van, & an Iveco to tow it with, they have had the motor rebuilt after dropping the hose & now just want it out of their way. I could of course be wrong, but having posted up here what I consider to be a potential bargain for someone, I find it a little disappointing to see it being treated as though it’s otherwise without any evidence.
In the hope of providing someone here with a good buy, I’ll try contacting the seller & ask for photos & permission to post them here. (as well as giving them a link to this thread).

Rosiebear
17th February 2015, 12:20 PM
Katwoman, I don't think its particularly cheap, more realistic, and a true market value. Some of the prices I have seen for 4.2's are disgraceful, some people have forgotten that something is only worth what someone will pay. The reason I am selling it is I no longer need it, I have bought an Iveco to tow my new Caravan, and that was the sole reason for buying the patrol in the first place, I have upgraded our present van to a bigger heavier unit, 3.5Ton, and will also cart 250 liters of water and 240 liters of diesel in the back of the truck, as well as the usual 80 liter fridge freezer, and the 70 kilos of extra batteries, and the other brick a brack you need for the grey nomad life on the road. The patrol wont carry that weight, poor thing would break its back. Hope that answers your question.

Clunk
17th February 2015, 12:25 PM
Katwoman, I don't think its particularly cheap, more realistic, and a true market value. Some of the prices I have seen for 4.2's are disgraceful, some people have forgotten that something is only worth what someone will pay. The reason I am selling it is I no longer need it, I have bought an Iveco to tow my new Caravan, and that was the sole reason for buying the patrol in the first place, I have upgraded our present van to a bigger heavier unit, 3.5Ton, and will also cart 250 liters of water and 240 liters of diesel in the back of the truck, as well as the usual 80 liter fridge freezer, and the 70 kilos of extra batteries, and the other brick a brack you need for the grey nomad life on the road. The patrol wont carry that weight, poor thing would break its back. Hope that answers your question.

Well we have our answer, thanks for that Rosiebear. Good luck with the sale, it's nice to see someone selling without an over inflated price tag for a change

Rosiebear
17th February 2015, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the link Cuppa, I forgot that I am a member on here, havn't visited for a couple of years. Happy to email photos to anyone that wants them. and NO CLunk it is not used and abused, and in a sorry state, there's not a rattle or a clunk in it anywhere, its all tight as a drum. Only thing that I have to look at is the front seat belts, the usual slow retract that these get after a few years, mainly from friction through the slides holding them back. Some RW examiners get a bit pedantic if they don't cut your neck when they let them go.

Clunk
17th February 2015, 12:29 PM
Geez Clunk, such negativity. You really should stop slapping that purple belly of yours you old hippo. There are no photos in the post, but it does say quite clearly in the post “Photos by email" . It also says it has never been off road, & was set up to tow a van. It is a predominantly grey nomad forum, my guess is that having got a bigger van, & an Iveco to tow it with, they have had the motor rebuilt after dropping the hose & now just want it out of their way. I could of course be wrong, but having posted up here what I consider to be a potential bargain for someone, I find it a little disappointing to see it being treated as though it’s otherwise without any evidence.
In the hope of providing someone here with a good buy, I’ll try contacting the seller & ask for photos & permission to post them here. (as well as giving them a link to this thread).

Not being negative at all mate, but now Rosiebear has posted, it clears up any suspicions anyone, including myself, may have had.

mudski
17th February 2015, 02:46 PM
True market value on 4wd's doesn't equate to a lot in my opinion. Well pretty much on any vehicle that has a ton of mods. I think its a little too cheap. Maybe because of a little jealousy has affect my rash thoughts, lol. But if Rosiebear is happy with the set price. Then who are we to argue?
If there was pics up in the listing rather than requesting them, I reckon it would go a hell of a lot faster than it probably will. As some people browsing for a car would just skip over this and onto the next add that has pics I would think. Maybe not. Just from experience in selling things myself, and the lazy world we have become in online lounge shopping, its too easy just to click "next" when there is no pics or really bad pics. Or is that just me when I'm sitting on the couch, having a beer and doing some window shopping? Lol.
Good luck in the sale.
P.s
Can you post up a pic here please? I'd love to see it.

Cuppa
17th February 2015, 05:06 PM
Here’s a couple of pics Rosiebear emailed me. Contact him if you want more. NB. I blocked the rego number.

Avo
17th February 2015, 05:12 PM
Yep I agree with if you want to sell it put a price up that reasonable..just sold my GQ 4.2 with turbo 200lt fuel tanks lift bar work uhf spotties and other stuff.only had 224 thou on the clock..let it go for 6 grand...and that car never went near mud service4d every 5 thou and always garaged..still sad actually only got rid of her on Friday..

Cuppa
17th February 2015, 05:22 PM
Just for those too lazy to follow the link I posted earlier, & because I reckon this car is worth consideration if you’re in the market I’ll post the ad from the other forum below. Note that I have no connection to the car or the seller other than being on the same forum. I’ve never previously even had any direct contact with the seller on that forum. This is my last post on the matter.

Cuppa

You could be lucky and buy my white 2000 patrol 4.2Turbo diesel, 5 SPEED, 7 seater, 384,000Kms, will go anywhere, 2" lift suspension, Safari tuff Clutch, 18 mths old, flywheel just been reground during engine rebuild. Professional Engine rebuild by Wynnum engine reconditions, HD adjustable shockies, adjustable airbags in rear springs, New engine, complete rebuild, brand new factory turbo block and turbo head, New pistons liners and wrist pins, professionally rebuilt fuel pump tuned for more torque and power, brand new injectors, new radiator and air con condenser, air con evap been removed and fully cleaned and whilst engine was out, after market turbo, genuine full length roof rack, weather shields, mesh sunvisor, new windscreen, alloy bull bar, tyres 8/10 all nitrogen filled, offset king pin bearing kit fitted. egt boost, volts, and amp and temp gauges, 7" in dash radio/gps, rooftop DVD screen, needs to be connected to headunit ( no kids now so never bothered). Back load area has a ply floor and drawer, been set up with fridge slide, and battery lockdown for a 100 AH gel battery for the a fridge/freezer. Hella Rally 4000 spot and driving lights ( 1 of each) Never ever been on a beach, but drove past one down the coast once, Never ever been off road, Vehicle was set up specifically to tow our Van, but we have gone up a bit in weight with the new Bushtracker, so we bought an Iveco.

You would save yourself about 33 or 34 grand, on a new vehicle that will not tow anywhere near as well. That buys a lot of fuel and extras for your van.

The ply load floor was removed so the rear seats could be refitted for roadworthy because its registered as a 7 seater. Reg till December 2015. Engine rebuilt because a coolant hose dropped off the back of the turbo during the return leg of our last trip to Townsville last Easter, and cooked the block, #'s1,2,3 liners and block cracked. cracking around valve seats, so new genuine factory block and head, and complete rebuild kit, all up cost a tad under 10K.

ASKING FOR 17k NEG OR NEAR OFFER. Vehicle is in Brisbane, inspection/test drive by appointment Photos by email. Bear A t Rosiebear.net. contact 0417 007298

katwoman
17th February 2015, 07:32 PM

Of course. I didnt mean to sound like there was something wrong with it. I searched for one myself for 2 years before finding it. You are right many people want top $$ for them still, which keeps the price up. Good luck with your sale..