PDA

View Full Version : Fitting water temp gauge

threedogs
13th February 2015, 06:03 PM
Is there a place to put the thermo couple or could I use the adaptor in the link.
not saying thats the corect one but would be similar

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Water-temp-sensor-adapter-radiator-hose-WRX-38mm-defi-/161598437695?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item25a004793f

megatexture
13th February 2015, 07:12 PM
That's similar to the one I used, not leaked in 4 yrs

the evil twin
13th February 2015, 07:57 PM
That one is for a WRX... it will only work if you have a 12 inch exhaust tip, Jet Pilot Stickers and 21 inch rims.

jay see
13th February 2015, 08:10 PM
That one is for a WRX... it will only work if you have a 12 inch exhaust tip, Jet Pilot Stickers and 21 inch rims.

Hahahaha... love it.

I brought this one
Still need to get wire and make up a box to fit the gauge that will house some rocket style switchers as well.

Hodge
13th February 2015, 08:16 PM
John. Just curious. Why? Can't you read your water temp through the scangauge or whatever you have ? That's how I read my one.

threedogs
14th February 2015, 10:22 AM
@ Hodge its a grey on green display on the ECU-Talk hard to see at the best of times.
I think a single cup above the pillar gauges I have now will work.

Bloodyaussie
14th February 2015, 10:26 AM
On advice with my efi motor I did not use one of those ... I prefer to tap and thread.
The td42 has the perfect spot (thanks matfew for pointing it out) and looks factory rather than cutting good hoses all the time.

Cuppa
14th February 2015, 10:28 AM
I think a single cup above the pillar gauges I have now will work.

Nah, you’re gonna need a triple pod otherwise it’ll look crap.

threedogs
14th February 2015, 12:44 PM
On advice with my efi motor I did not use one of those ... I prefer to tap and thread.
The td42 has the perfect spot (thanks matfew for pointing it out) and looks factory rather than cutting good hoses all the time.

Wont be cutting any hoses I'll introduce another piece the same diameter.
If I can drill and tap somewhere all the better, too humid to look ATM
ALL good but I have a 3ltr so that no good to me

threedogs
14th February 2015, 12:48 PM
Nah, you’re gonna need a triple pod otherwise it’ll look crap.

Not 100% sure what style gauge Im getting ATM I've found some the same size as the ACU-Talk with an alarm.
Just need to look at where it'll fit best. Maybe a small over head unit not sure yet.
it will have and alarm

mudski
13th June 2015, 05:48 PM
John on the thermostat housing pipe there is a threaded plug where i reckon you can put a sender in. I have a housing here i bought ages ago with the intentions of fitting a gauge...
I can take a pic if you want....

threedogs
13th June 2015, 06:17 PM
John on the thermostat housing pipe there is a threaded plug where i reckon you can put a sender in. I have a housing here i bought ages ago with the intentions of fitting a gauge...
I can take a pic if you want....

Thanks I'll do an I spy in the morning
whats the sender 1/8th bsp????

mudski
13th June 2015, 07:46 PM
Thanks I'll do an I spy in the morning
whats the sender 1/8th bsp????
Not sure John. It'll be metric if anything. Send me a text tomorrow mate and I'll look at it for ya mate.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk