PDA

View Full Version : floor covering under rear drawers

menace 2
13th February 2015, 12:12 PM
I have read through just about everything with the drawer builds and maybe I just missed it but I cant seem to find just what was used under the drawer units ...is it normal to remove the carpet / leave the carpet in ?..seems to me maybe water would be an issue with the carpet left in ?...do you remove the carpet and line with dynomat etc ?...or do you just put a layer of ply under the drawer unit or maybe rubber ??...(the drawer unit is metal )
I am feeling that maybe line the whole rear with dynomat type material then rubber and maybe replace the carpet back over the wheel arches in the side boxes....would there be any issues with doing it this way ?....cheers

threedogs
13th February 2015, 12:41 PM
Dyna mat does a good job check big westy's thread on it.
A few here have applied it with great results.

menace 2
13th February 2015, 03:25 PM
Yeh cheers 3d..I read through westy's posts..seen he used dynamat but wasn't sure what happened after that..whether something was put on top of the dynamat or whether it was just left as dynamat under the draws ?

BigRAWesty
13th February 2015, 04:07 PM
Hi mate. So I've used the dynamat and then the sound dampening foam on top (same as the rest of the car). I didn't however install the carpet again as it was ruined from mold and crap which was coming threw open bolt holes in the floor where seats once bolted.

Really. Up to you. I haven't but no reason why you can't.

MudRunnerTD
13th February 2015, 04:17 PM
i would not bother under your drawers. I left the carpet in place and it will act as a sound barrier below the drawers that will further act as a sound barrier. If you flood your car then your taking everything out anyways. I left the carpet in in the GQ and the GUIV

BigRAWesty
13th February 2015, 05:06 PM
i would not bother under your drawers. I left the carpet in place and it will act as a sound barrier below the drawers that will further act as a sound barrier. If you flood your car then your taking everything out anyways. I left the carpet in in the GQ and the GUIV

This is also true.

liftlid
13th February 2015, 05:16 PM
Just the carpet, been in 12 years, best bit of carpet in car

menace 2
14th February 2015, 12:43 AM
thanks all

happygu
14th February 2015, 12:55 AM
Just to throw it out there, I removed the carpet in mine due to the construction of my drawers