PDA

View Full Version : ANY GOOD FOR A 3 ltr

threedogs
12th February 2015, 06:29 PM
anyone running one of these filters or know if this is any good
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/130656642441?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Hodge
12th February 2015, 06:44 PM
I dont have that band one but I do have the Fuel watch version of it fitted.
Can't say how good it is since it hasnt picked anything up yet, BUT in saying that i havent had water in the system. * knocks on wood *.

Bigcol
12th February 2015, 08:41 PM
one of my Cruisers years ago had similar, was great for making sure fuel was not contaminated

depends on where your getting your fuel from I suppose............

threedogs
13th February 2015, 11:15 AM
So a peace of mind accessory that will do more good than harm.

threedogs
13th February 2015, 12:07 PM
@ Bigcol would you mount it post or pre OE filter, or just where you can find room

Sir Roofy
13th February 2015, 12:20 PM
id post it pre filter but under the bonnet of a 3l good luck with that one

Bigcol
13th February 2015, 12:28 PM
@ Bigcol would you mount it post or pre OE filter, or just where you can find room

on my 60 series, I had it was mounted post OE filter

on my 47series Troopy it was a factory (?) one mounted pre OE filter, underneath drivers side, between door and rear wheel - before the tap for the Aux tank (I modified it later as it wasn't picking up from the Aux tank and fitted it in the engine bay before OE filter)

threedogs
13th February 2015, 12:34 PM
Thanks for that,,,,, anything to keep the fuel clean,
I'd like to fit this filter plus the Carter fuel pump like BigFletch did a while back

Hodge
13th February 2015, 09:18 PM
id post it pre filter but under the bonnet of a 3l good luck with that one

My one came with a purpose built bracket that sits perfectly mounted to the side near the main filter. Will take a photo tomorrow. Too wet and dark out there now ...

boots
13th February 2015, 11:01 PM
Had one on mine John for about three years , mounted near the brake master cylinder and pre oe filter. At filter change time I had to remove it entirely to get to it . PITA . never had dodgy fuel , dirty or water so I decided to remove it about a year ago.

threedogs
14th February 2015, 02:35 PM
I think I'll mount it with ease of filter changes in mind
might use braided lines as well. Cheap enough these days

MudRunnerTD
14th February 2015, 02:56 PM
Wow that's cheap!! I have this on my GQ as my primary filter and have had it for about 8 years. Mine runs a Delphi filter and I rate it. But a spare glass though as I have dropped one and smashed it which caused me to park the car until I could source another.