PDA

View Full Version : My new y62

kevin07
8th February 2015, 07:01 PM
As it says I just purchased a y62 ti-l. as I just got a caravan the old patrol 07. its towing capacity is just a bit short so much to my disgust I went out to buy a 200 diesel and I was going to buy tomorrow. so this morning I said to wife lets just go and take a 62 for a spin with no intent to buy. together with how completely and utterly awesome this machine is Nissan are putting them out there to sell at the moment more than 10 grand cheaper than what I can get a gxl cruiser for. and thank god I get to stay at Nissan YEEEHAAA. KEV:biggrin: ps andy I don't know what goin to do with tyre bag at the back.

the evil twin
8th February 2015, 07:14 PM
Jeez that was close... we nearly had to stop talking to you...

Congrats on the purchase mate.

kevin07
8th February 2015, 07:21 PM
hows your babel fish et ive been worried all day

kevin07
8th February 2015, 07:22 PM
Jeez that was close... we nearly had to stop talking to you...

Congrats on the purchase mate.
why still have the gq after I sell the gu

the evil twin
8th February 2015, 07:30 PM
why still have the gq after I sell the gu

... hope you can keep them from fighting.
GQ's can get very jealous of anything younger.

Babel fish is fine now he has had a valium and a good lie down.
He's getting on with translating forum posts again.

BigRAWesty
8th February 2015, 09:58 PM
Awesome stuff. I'm hearing nothing but good things about them really. And many are not getting the huge fuel figures everyone was expecting.

Any pics??

mudski
8th February 2015, 10:12 PM
Well done Kev. I have to say. My last 2 week stint at Merimula Caravan Park in Jan there was a 62 there right opposite us. The time it was there I kept looking at it and saying yuck. By the end of the time there, I was sorta liking it. The owner was towing a monstrous caravan with it and he said to me the 62 hardly felt it. But the needle on the fuel gauge must have been broken as it was moving from full to empty to fast.
I was also surprised on the amount of GU's I saw in the caravan park. I reckon at our end of the park which had maybe 150 sites, I counted 16 GU's.

As for your spare wheel bag. Chuck it on the Q or get a noice steel rear wheel carrier for the new girl. Just so you can hang your bag of it. Lol.

kevin07
9th February 2015, 10:10 AM
I was set on buying a diesel cruiser, and just went for a spin in it cause I could and spun a bearing. ti-l its a lot of car from what ive been reading, the hard core 4wders are buying the st-l. check 1 one out mark ill bet it will make you think.

Winnie
9th February 2015, 10:30 AM
Awesome stuff, I love the Y62s

Stropp
9th February 2015, 11:48 AM
congrats Kevin, im sure you will be happy with the y62, one of the guys over here just bought one too and he is rapped with it, he had a 4.2 running 30lb of boost and doing 2oorwkw but says this is so much better.

onlyme376
9th February 2015, 10:57 PM
I did the figures at one stage on purchase cost of a y62 compared to a 200 series petrol and diesel and without taking into account interest if you borrow money to buy it would take about 60000k in the bit extra fuel it uses to pay the price difference for the petrol 200 series and about another 100000k on top of that for a diesel 200 and anyone who is willing to go past the looks to drive one says they are awesome. Such a shame we get ripped of in Aus on prices though I looked at US prices for an infiniti QX80 all wheel drive is about 66k USD or $85k AUD in trim level equivilant to the TiL which is listed over 120k here imagine how cheap it would be with a nissan badge
anyway enjoy the new rig

Clunk
9th February 2015, 11:04 PM
I did the figures at one stage on purchase cost of a y62 compared to a 200 series petrol and diesel and without taking into account interest if you borrow money to buy it would take about 60000k in the bit extra fuel it uses to pay the price difference for the petrol 200 series and about another 100000k on top of that for a diesel 200 and anyone who is willing to go past the looks to drive one says they are awesome. Such a shame we get ripped of in Aus on prices though I looked at US prices for an infiniti QX80 all wheel drive is about 66k USD or $85k AUD in trim level equivilant to the TiL which is listed over 120k here imagine how cheap it would be with a nissan badge
anyway enjoy the new rig

Yeah but I don't think anybody in their right mind can get over the looks of the Infiniti QX80..... That is one hideous vehicle

kevin07
9th February 2015, 11:29 PM
Awesome stuff. I'm hearing nothing but good things about them really. And many are not getting the huge fuel figures everyone was expecting.

Any pics??

pics on 22nd

onlyme376
10th February 2015, 12:01 AM
Yeah but I don't think anybody in their right mind can get over the looks of the Infiniti QX80..... That is one hideous vehicle
to true it is but ugly just a shame we can't get the equivalent spec with the Nissan bagde for that sort of money

kevin07
10th February 2015, 08:22 AM
all I can say on this weapon go and take one for a drive it will blow your mind

rusty_nail
10th February 2015, 09:45 AM
ps andy I don't know what goin to do with tyre bag at the back.

ill buy it off you mate if you keen to flog it?

kevin07
10th February 2015, 11:34 PM
ill buy it off you mate if you keen to flog it?

goin to keep that one for now but ive got some bits for the gu. Ill pack up once ive sold it although they will probably quiver goin to the shire.lol

Bigcol
11th February 2015, 06:54 AM
I am having the same thoughts on upgrading to the Y62
dont know why people hate its looks, I quite like it (compared to a 200 - its sexy as)
like Kev, I took one for a spin

MY GOD - what a weapon

the only stumbling block I have - and why I have not signed on the dotted line - is taking it where I take my GU.........
scratching the shyte out of it.......
still thinking though......

good luck Kev, jealous as mate.............

kevin07
11th February 2015, 08:12 AM
I am having the same thoughts on upgrading to the Y62
dont know why people hate its looks, I quite like it (compared to a 200 - its sexy as)
like Kev, I took one for a spin

MY GOD - what a weapon

the only stumbling block I have - and why I have not signed on the dotted line - is taking it where I take my GU.........
scratching the shyte out of it.......
still thinking though......

good luck Kev, jealous as mate.............

oh its a beast isn't it I just had to have it after driving it. be warned everyone you drive it you will start to think of ways to own it.

rusty_nail
11th February 2015, 08:13 AM
goin to keep that one for now but ive got some bits for the gu. Ill pack up once ive sold it although they will probably quiver goin to the shire.lol

haha your funny mate, even worse, i actually live in the gong! keep me posted

Bigcol
11th February 2015, 09:01 AM
oh its a beast isn't it I just had to have it after driving it. be warned everyone you drive it you will start to think of ways to own it.

yes, thoughts have been
sell other house to fund it
sell son to fund it
sell wifies cruiser - nah, I like it.........

its the bush pin striping on a $100K car thats stopping me........

kevin07
11th February 2015, 11:11 PM
yes, thoughts have been
sell other house to fund it
sell son to fund it
sell wifies cruiser - nah, I like it.........

its the bush pin striping on a $100K car thats stopping me........
nowhere near a 100k for top of line and 56k for st-l

Clunk
11th February 2015, 11:32 PM

Cheaper than a new GU

kevin07
12th February 2015, 07:52 AM
Cheaper than a new GU

you can haggle a y61 to about 53k at the moment

threedogs
12th February 2015, 10:50 AM
Congrats on your new ride Kevin, filled it up yet

Maxhead
12th February 2015, 10:56 AM
I so want one...very jelaous Kev, you bastard!

rusty_nail
12th February 2015, 10:57 AM
btw kev, :useless:

Bigcol
12th February 2015, 11:00 AM

was quoted $85K for the Ti-L - Demo model - 2000Kms on the clock - 2013 manufacture
if I wait for the 2014 manufacture one, $115K

$85K is still alot to scratch up...............

Bigcol
12th February 2015, 11:01 AM
I so want one...very jelaous Kev, you bastard!

feerk yeah baybee
I want one

but........

Bigcol
12th February 2015, 11:02 AM

VERY much agree............

wheres the pic's Kev

Clunk
12th February 2015, 11:21 AM
you can haggle a y61 to about 53k at the moment

I know which one I'd get..... For the sake of a few more grand

kevin07
12th February 2015, 11:59 PM
Congrats on your new ride Kevin, filled it up yet

comes with a full tank when I get it on 21st anyway the gq has a bigger tank and ill bet is thirstier than the 62. I cant wait to line all 3 up and take some photos

kevin07
13th February 2015, 12:00 AM

I have not picked it yet chill bill

kevin07
13th February 2015, 12:02 AM
was quoted $85K for the Ti-L - Demo model - 2000Kms on the clock - 2013 manufacture
if I wait for the 2014 manufacture one, $115K

$85K is still alot to scratch up...............
you didn't kick the dealer hard enough mine is 78 with over 3g of extras with 23 klms on the clock which I done 10 of

chuky
19th February 2015, 01:15 PM
Yup, now is the time to buy a y62. i picked mine up in Nov 14 for $61 onroad. ST-L. for some added info and pics there is a fb page Aussie Patrol Y62 if any1 is interested in pics etc.

chuky
19th February 2015, 01:19 PM
here is my baby

qmis
19th February 2015, 07:23 PM
Nice snorkel Chucky - what brand is that?

Clunk
20th February 2015, 01:05 AM
just grabbed this off face ache, I'm liking the blacked out front end on this

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=55234&stc=1

gregs
20th February 2015, 10:12 AM
That looks like wranga's y62. It still looks like he hasn't lifted the back end, unless he has a fair bit of weight in the rear. The front end has had the diff dropped and the back end is copping the same treatment. Does look rather good though.

kevin07
20th February 2015, 09:17 PM
not long to go im so jumpy 12hrs to go till I get my foot into this beast

gregs
20th February 2015, 09:45 PM
not long to go im so jumpy 12hrs to go till I get my foot into this beast

You won't regret the decision kev, we have had ours since last november and I still get a stupid grin everytime I drive it, even more so since I had the standard muffler changed for a high flow sports one, it has made it sound like it should but doesn't drone at highway speeds when towing, my missus would have screamed blue murder if it did.

kevin07
20th February 2015, 10:39 PM
You won't regret the decision kev, we have had ours since last november and I still get a stupid grin everytime I drive it, even more so since I had the standard muffler changed for a high flow sports one, it has made it sound like it should but doesn't drone at highway speeds when towing, my missus would have screamed blue murder if it did.

Ill check with you later about what type of pipe you put on dual battery and airbags first. but off for a run down the coast tomorrow and run the beast in

gregs
21st February 2015, 12:25 AM
Kevin, I just walked into my local exhaust shop and asked what can be done and the bloke said just change the muffler for now and see how it goes, I asked how much and he said $240 and I asked when, he said this arvo and hey presto by that afternoon it was fitted. I did ask them for a name but they couldn't give me one so not really sure where it came from, all I know is it is a 8 x 5 high flow sports muffler, a hell of lot smaller than the old one and sounds a heap better too, and for the price I was not going to complain as I didn't really want to change the whole system costing anywhere from $800 to $3500.
I had the airbag man HP airbags put in the rear of our st-l, suspension will happen a bit later on as I want a bit of extra clearance under the big girl.

Stropp
21st February 2015, 04:44 PM
one of the guys over here in wa just ordered a set of extractors from the USA and is getting it fitted up with a full system, cant wait to hear that.

the evil twin
21st February 2015, 06:08 PM
one of the guys over here in wa just ordered a set of extractors from the USA and is getting it fitted up with a full system, cant wait to hear that.

Having said that you have raised in my mind a curious thing with Nissan.

Their Petrol Engines have always been very easily tuned and/or with just a few cheaper mods will deliver BIG performance increases.
Look at the Nissan 3 litre petty, the later Skylines and what the Patrol 4.8's will put out with just a P.C. dongle.

The Nissan Diesels on the other hand have been pretty much total poo when it comes to tweaks unless you spend huge bucks and even then you don't get the same magnitude of performance increase as the Petty's.
The amount of work that went into "Mighty GQ" when it had it's neck wrung was phenomonal.
It flew for a TD42 thats for sure.
I had it detuned a tad after I got it and then Doggy wound it back even further.

Hodge
21st February 2015, 06:16 PM
The Nissan Diesels on the other hand have been pretty much total poo when it comes to tweaks

I read this somewhere. Article mentioned zd30 being a renault engine, which have never been supposedly designed for tuning, what you get in the box is that ... No provisions for tuning or modifying. Too bad you get a p.o.s. in the box though.

the evil twin
21st February 2015, 07:09 PM
I read this somewhere. Article mentioned zd30 being a renault engine, which have never been supposedly designed for tuning, what you get in the box is that ... No provisions for tuning or modifying. Too bad you get a p.o.s. in the box though.

Yeah, they were a joint venture not so much a Renault engine in itself.
Renault put them in their light commercial fleet I believe, dunno how they go tho.

But (not wanting to Jack kevs thread) Nissan make some pretty kick rrse Petty's
The Skyline Commodore 3 litre EFI you couldn't kill with an axe, the cabby's used to get between 500 to 1 million K's
The V8 in the supercars is detuned nearly 30% to "comply with the regs and make it fair"
The TB42 Patrol I had never missed a beat engine wise and neither did my MQ.

If this V8 in the Patrols is as good as it's heritage, and it is shaping up to be that, then the Y62 will be a very good vehicle indeed

kevin07
21st February 2015, 08:17 PM
firstly not my thread I only started it its a thread for all, well I got the beast took for run down the coast and omg I am impressed. it is just kick arse on 1 occasion I put the boot in at 100 it dropped to 3rd and launched holy shit hang on and before I could lift it off I was at 140 with a nice burble cooking. but its so docile and holds the road, but its just waiting to roar. mod this motor and look out. ps guys nice to embarrass a few yotas along the way as well. kev

Winnie
21st February 2015, 11:14 PM
firstly not my thread I only started it its a thread for all, well I got the beast took for run down the coast and omg I am impressed. it is just kick arse on 1 occasion I put the boot in at 100 it dropped to 3rd and launched holy shit hang on and before I could lift it off I was at 140 with a nice burble cooking. but its so docile and holds the road, but its just waiting to roar. mod this motor and look out. ps guys nice to embarrass a few yotas along the way as well. kev

Very jealous... I saw a Y62 today and I am starting to love them

TPC
21st February 2015, 11:39 PM

Where are the pics???

kevin07
22nd February 2015, 04:41 AM
Very jealous... I saw a Y62 today and I am starting to love them

winnie if your starting to like them do not not take one for a drive otherwise that gq will be on the market or at least you will be trying to figure out how to own both.

Winnie
22nd February 2015, 08:16 AM
winnie if your starting to like them do not not take one for a drive otherwise that gq will be on the market or at least you will be trying to figure out how to own both.

Lol I am definitely not in a position to buy a 60k car. But if I win lotto... Oh wait you have to buy tickets for that don't you?

kevin07
22nd February 2015, 02:10 PM
btw kev, :useless: some pics

Clunk
22nd February 2015, 02:16 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=55306&stc=1 some pics

thats one pic, not some pics

Rock Trol
22nd February 2015, 02:39 PM
Beautiful. Even though it does not look it, the Y62 has quite a lot of ground clearance. Does the GU have a lift?
It is big though. Makes the other two look like mid size 4WD's.

kevin07
22nd February 2015, 03:42 PM
no lift in the gu

kevin07
22nd February 2015, 03:43 PM
well are these pics of my three sons not good enough where are the coments

Bigcol
22nd February 2015, 03:55 PM
freaking awesome Kev - so damn jelous

ahhhhhhhhhhh
maybe.........

just the thought of taking it where my GU goes scares me
I know it can do it, but like I keep saying (trying to convince myself otherwise) hell of a lot of expencive car to put bush pin stripping on.................

the evil twin
22nd February 2015, 04:05 PM
well are these pics of my three sons not good enough where are the coments

Not bad... I would have thought "The Father, The Son and The Holy Cow This Thing Flys" a good title

Clunk
22nd February 2015, 04:24 PM
nice one mate, I have to say that I started out not liking the look of the Y62 but the more I see, the more I look, the more I like

TPC
22nd February 2015, 05:04 PM
Very jealous, looks great.

cgm
22nd February 2015, 05:31 PM
Very nice to see the three generations lined up like that!

We went out with a friend in the sand in Saudi and he pointed it everywhere we went with the older trucks. It went no worries, but he spent most of lunchtime cabling tie "sewing" the rear bumper back together. It was just a scoop really to catch the sand and just peeled back and tore through the middle. Later he got a steel rear bar (made in Dubai I think?) and and a steel bull bar and then it was much less precious. Totally depends what you plan to do with it. I'm guessing you could tell his belonged to the company, so I doubt you would have followed us like he did. ha ha :)

kevin07
22nd February 2015, 08:11 PM
Not bad... I would have thought "The Father, The Son and The Holy Cow This Thing Flys" a good title

like I said my three sons (gq the legend) (gu the warrior) (y62 the beast) I feel grateful to own 3 awesome machines at once but I wish I could afford to keep them all but I cant.

the evil twin
22nd February 2015, 08:25 PM
snip... I feel grateful to own 3 awesome machines at once but I wish I could afford to keep them all but I cant.

Strewth, selling the '62 already?
How much ya want for it?

kevin07
22nd February 2015, 10:08 PM
strewth, selling the '62 already?
How much ya want for it?

silence i kill you.

the evil twin
23rd February 2015, 12:52 AM
silence i kill you.

The devil made me say it :devilred:

katwoman
23rd February 2015, 04:28 AM
Nice collection, Kev. Not sold on the 62 but they make for a great shot..

kevin07
23rd February 2015, 02:06 PM

taken 1 for a drive yet.

Hodge
23rd February 2015, 02:40 PM
Very very nice Kev. Extremely jelly here.
I'm noticing more and more of them on the road, some still blank, and others have a fair bit of gear bolted to them. It's starting to grow on me. Hmmm wonder what the finance minister would say if I proposed upgrading from this grenade. Y62 as a "family car".
One is allowed to dream I gues ...
I was next to one a while back , and not sure if this had an exhaust or not, but bloody hell did this thing roar when he/she took off. Made my 3L completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things...

rusty_nail
23rd February 2015, 02:43 PM
I was next to one a while back , and not sure if this had an exhaust or not, but bloody hell did this thing roar when he/she took off. Made my 3L completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things...
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=55337&d=1424661162

threedogs
23rd February 2015, 05:03 PM
Very jealous, looks great.

Whats to be jealous of Y60,,,,Y61,,,,,Y62. LOL

Drewboyaus
23rd February 2015, 10:23 PM
I quite like these beasts now.....still a bit iffy about the c-pillar area but other than that, a bit of barwork and I reckon they look good......

5.4L of V8 too, you can't go wrong there either...... Hmmm....I wonder if I could wangle one as my next work car.......

Nice ride(s) Kev

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

kevin07
24th February 2015, 08:53 AM
I quite like these beasts now.....still a bit iffy about the c-pillar area but other than that, a bit of barwork and I reckon they look good......

5.4L of V8 too, you can't go wrong there either...... Hmmm....I wonder if I could wangle one as my next work car.......

Nice ride(s) Kev

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

5.6l and if you drive one you will have to own one be warned.

Majestic
24th February 2015, 12:26 PM
Congrats on your new ride. However I must say the GQ looks the best. All the roundness of vehicles that flooded the market in the late 90's I can't stand they are ugly to me.

But glad you're liking your new Patrol. Which one are you planning on selling?

Interesting shot, showing the evolution of the Patrol, you're just missing the MQ Kev. :D

kevin07
24th February 2015, 06:32 PM
Congrats on your new ride. However I must say the GQ looks the best. All the roundness of vehicles that flooded the market in the late 90's I can't stand they are ugly to me.

But glad you're liking your new Patrol. Which one are you planning on selling?

selling gu and gq..

Interesting shot, showing the evolution of the Patrol, you're just missing the MQ Kev. :D

asirana
25th March 2015, 03:15 PM
Congrats dear

asirana
25th March 2015, 03:23 PM
Hi guys I have same Y62 model in GCC (Middle East ) version named as Patrol SE T2 (type 2) have a look on the pics in below linked post and some specs etc.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?32745-Patrol-SE-T2-2015

kevin07
16th July 2015, 07:52 AM
Having said that you have raised in my mind a curious thing with Nissan.

Their Petrol Engines have always been very easily tuned and/or with just a few cheaper mods will deliver BIG performance increases.
Look at the Nissan 3 litre petty, the later Skylines and what the Patrol 4.8's will put out with just a P.C. dongle.

The Nissan Diesels on the other hand have been pretty much total poo when it comes to tweaks unless you spend huge bucks and even then you don't get the same magnitude of performance increase as the Petty's.
The amount of work that went into "Mighty GQ" when it had it's neck wrung was phenomonal.
It flew for a TD42 thats for sure.
I had it detuned a tad after I got it and then Doggy wound it back even further.

look out there is someone working on 1 with a reported 1100 nm or torque
but a few little tweaks easily see a 7 or 800 nm with better fuel eco

Sprock
3rd August 2016, 08:54 AM
Had a mate of mine ring me the other night - he's a cruiser driver so not a fan of Patrols , anyway he was out in his xr6 turbo falcon and was telling me he got smoked off the lights buy one of these new shape patrols - not once but twice , he could not believe it 😝

threedogs
3rd August 2016, 01:49 PM
A guy I know is developing a 4" lift for the OS market. plus he is supercharging his Y62
He has the ARB deluxe bar on the front and he removed his Rasslar rear bar last I heard
for something else ,,,what I dont know. All bar work colour coded white.
I haven't seen him for 6 months must go catch up with him and get the latest.

MarionCohrs
17th August 2016, 01:44 AM
Thats cool! y62 is a great choice, my friend does have it too.

Weng1682
30th September 2016, 10:45 AM
Hi guys, I'm new here. I have my 2012 y62 that I bought about 4 months ago.
Must admit that I'm enjoying my 298 kw of power.
Only concern that I have is that if your getting around town at 60 or less. The car wants to change up gears, thus making the engine labour at such low revs, if that makes sense????
Was wondering if getting the car re-mapped, if this would fix the problem?

kevin07
20th March 2017, 10:54 AM
anyway this is a while ago but yes motor and box can be retuned

Oceaxyannek
23rd September 2017, 04:10 AM
they just hating 1 of my co workers an all looking 4 all the faults in my sylpy talkin bout brand new does last longer lol