PDA

View Full Version : PM question

Cuppa
8th February 2015, 09:38 AM
If you send a PM, & then delete it prior to the recipient opening it, does it delete it from just the sender’s computer, or will it no longer show up on the recipients computer?

AB
8th February 2015, 10:08 AM
No, the recipient will still get the message.

It just deletes the message off your own sent items only.

Bob
8th February 2015, 10:13 AM
So now do you want to apologise for that abusive PM that you sent me. LMAO

Cuppa
8th February 2015, 10:38 AM
So now do you want to apologise for that abusive PM that you sent me. LMAO

Nope ................... but I would if I had. :)

Unfortunately someone will now have to make sense of 3 different PM’s, sent containing photos hosted on a public photo hosting site ........ removed from the site after I realised that they may make me vulnerable to identity theft. Recipient will now have messages with ‘pic no longer available’ on them, as well as the final corrected copy. Bugger!

Andy, is there any way to make it possible to attach photos/files to PM’s in the same way as can be done with forum posts?

mudnut
8th February 2015, 12:54 PM
Have you been looking for love in all the wrong places, Cuppa?

Bob
8th February 2015, 01:16 PM
Nope ................... but I would if I had. :)

Unfortunately someone will now have to make sense of 3 different PM’s, sent containing photos hosted on a public photo hosting site ........ removed from the site after I realised that they may make me vulnerable to identity theft. Recipient will now have messages with ‘pic no longer available’ on them, as well as the final corrected copy. Bugger!

Andy, is there any way to make it possible to attach photos/files to PM’s in the same way as can be done with forum posts?

X2 on the ability to attach Pics in PM's

AB
8th February 2015, 01:43 PM
Leave it with me gents. Should be able to change that easily.

growler2058
8th February 2015, 02:49 PM
Oooowwwww could be like sexting bwahahahaha

the evil twin
8th February 2015, 03:35 PM
Pink bits?... from the members on here?... EEEEEEYEEEEWWWWWWW.

Hey I made a funny... pink bits,,, members.... get it?
Jeez I'm a funny guy

Bob
8th February 2015, 03:41 PM
Some times it would be handy to PM a Pic to a Mate about something that is specific to you both.
No R Rated ones though LMAO

AB
8th February 2015, 05:02 PM
Theres no set function for this in the software due to security reasons so I'll have to create some kind of mod.

Not as easy as I thought...lol.....Leave it with me.

I'll also need to have it restricted to sponsors so members dont get sent spam and possible virus's, etc.

growler2058
8th February 2015, 05:51 PM
Theres no set function for this in the software due to security reasons so I'll have to create some kind of mod. Not as easy as I thought...lol.....Leave it with me. I'll also need to have it restricted to sponsors so members dont get sent spam and possible virus's, etc.

We don't wanna read your excuses ;)

AB
9th February 2015, 06:36 PM
Well the entire forum nearly crashed so I am very reluctant to do this gents until I can find something more stable.

There are a lot of reported problems with other people trying to install it and they had to restart their forum from a back up.

I'll see if there is another way but this way is way too scary...lol

Winnie
9th February 2015, 06:47 PM
Just get the direct link from the hosting website, and paste it in between img tags.

[ img ]pasteurlhere[/img]

Without the space

AB
9th February 2015, 07:02 PM
Just get the direct link from the hosting website, and paste it in between img tags.

Without the space

I think the senior members want to share "personal" photos from their "secret" collection.

Bob
9th February 2015, 07:27 PM
Old Mans secret business LOL

Cuppa
9th February 2015, 08:00 PM

Without the space

That’s what I want to avoid. I wanted to post a member some pics of documents which an identity thief would have had a field day with. Would have been far simpler just to attach them to the PM rather than risk them on a public hosting site.

Cuppa
9th February 2015, 08:01 PM
I think the senior members want to share "personal" photos from their "secret" collection.

Oi! a little less of the senior tag thank you Sonny Jim.

Clunk
9th February 2015, 08:04 PM
here's an idea and not really sure why no one else has thought of it, seeing as it was simple enough for me to think of........ how about sharing your email addresses with each other, then you can send as many dodgy photos/documents etc as you like?????!!!!!!!!!................. Simples

growler2058
9th February 2015, 08:40 PM
Ahhhh you're a thinking mans man clunkster

BigRAWesty
9th February 2015, 09:38 PM
That’s what I want to avoid. I wanted to post a member some pics of documents which an identity thief would have had a field day with. Would have been far simpler just to attach them to the PM rather than risk them on a public hosting site.

Wouldn't a good old fashion email simply suffice??

Winnie
9th February 2015, 10:40 PM
Wouldn't a good old fashion email simply suffice??

Hey somebody like Clunk should have thought of that before!

here's an idea and not really sure why no one else has thought of it, seeing as it was simple enough for me to think of........ how about sharing your email addresses with each other, then you can send as many dodgy photos/documents etc as you like?????!!!!!!!!!................. Simples

Clunk
9th February 2015, 10:49 PM
Hey somebody like Clunk should have thought of that before!

Jeez I'm sooooooo slow sometimes

BigRAWesty
9th February 2015, 10:58 PM
Jeez I'm sooooooo slow sometimes

Good stuff.
KISS principle.

Clunk
9th February 2015, 11:01 PM
Good stuff.
KISS principle.

What.... Is that Katnip is so slow?

BigRAWesty