PDA

View Full Version : 4.2 TDi 90 kw not enough

Temik
12th March 2011, 06:09 PM
Hello ,i own a 2009 4.2 TDi pick up ,the 90kw it is putting out is just not enough .What can i do to increase the power to say 100 - 110kw with out putting the engine under to much strain.Sorry for the NOOB question.

YNOT
12th March 2011, 06:22 PM
Fit a 3" exhaust and a power chip, will easily make the power you want without straining the engine.

Tony

Temik
16th March 2011, 02:02 AM
Thanks for the answer Tony,but the dieselpump cant take a chip according to the engine tuners here in South Africa.So should i fit a bigger turbo or a better intercooler,or maybe a newer dieselpump that can take chip?

YNOT
16th March 2011, 06:12 AM
You must have a different spec to what I'm used to, all the factory intercooled Patrols that we got in Australia had electronic injector pumps.
It's actually easier if you have the older mechanical pump anyway. Fit a 3" exhaust, up the boost to 14psi and get the injector pump wound up to match.

Tony

MudRunnerTD
17th March 2011, 10:40 PM
You must have a different spec to what I'm used to, all the factory intercooled Patrols that we got in Australia had electronic injector pumps.
It's actually easier if you have the older mechanical pump anyway. Fit a 3" exhaust, up the boost to 14psi and get the injector pump wound up to match.

Tony

Hey Tony can i get a chip for my GU IV TD42Ti???? Didn't know that! where from, who, how much, what gain? very interested.

YNOT
17th March 2011, 10:49 PM
Hey Tony can i get a chip for my GU IV TD42Ti???? Didn't know that! where from, who, how much, what gain? very interested.

Yes you can get a chip for it. Try places like DP chips, Steinbauer and Roo Systems.
For the chip on it's own installed expect to pay $1200 to $1800.
Most chips will get at least 20% power gain, add a big exhaust and tune it to suit and you will get much bigger gains.

Tony

GUte
17th March 2011, 11:22 PM
Wow thats news to me also! Damn another expense added to the must get list!