PDA

View Full Version : Fitting Lift Questons

Bigbird91
3rd February 2015, 06:24 PM
Hi all.

This weekend i plan on fitting the 3" lift to my car. Just wondering if i will be needing to compress the springs or ill be able to get enough clearance to put them in? I will have access to a hoist for the job :D hopefully that will make it a little nicer than rolling around on the ground. Also any other nasty suprises i'm in for?

Cheers

liftlid
3rd February 2015, 06:28 PM
On a hoist you should be able to get springs in by just unbolting shocks , sway bar links and brake line t junction at diffs

Bigbird91
3rd February 2015, 06:33 PM
Beautiful! Just what i wanted to hear liftlid. Hopefully i still have some skin left on my knuckles afterwards.

Hodge
3rd February 2015, 07:49 PM
Word of advice.
Don't do it under a carport or garage, which you won't be able to get out of, once the vehicle is lifted / standing taller.
Yes, it has happened.

MudRunnerTD
3rd February 2015, 10:46 PM
Word of advice.
Don't do it under a carport or garage, which you won't be able to get out of, once the vehicle is lifted / standing taller.
Yes, it has happened.

If that happens just deflate the tyres, roll out, reinflate, drive away and find a new parking spot ;)

Bigbird91
13th February 2015, 09:46 PM
They say a silly question is better than a silly mistake so here it is. With the stabilizer bar release assembly still fitted what would i do with the link arms for the sway bar, do i need to ditch it for extended links?

cheers

growler2058
13th February 2015, 09:48 PM
They say a silly question is better than a silly mistake so here it is. With the stabilizer bar release assembly still fitted what would i do with the link arms for the sway bar, do i need to ditch it for extended links? cheers

Most likely with a 3"lift??

Bigbird91
13th February 2015, 09:58 PM
Dang it, that's what i was thinking would be the out come. I might have a look to see if i can mod it to work.

BigRAWesty
14th February 2015, 10:37 AM
Boarder 4x4 fab in boarder town, sa do a extended release unit. Unsure of cost thou

Bigbird91
15th February 2015, 08:15 PM
Cheers Westy I'll give them a buzz.