PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for a Central Locking Kit?

Majestic
31st January 2015, 07:05 PM
Hey all,

I am looking at putting in an after market central locking system for my GQ which doesn't have one. Could anyone recommend a brand or type. Normally I wouldn't bother with this put my barn door's lock on the outside is buggered something tried to break into it before I bought the 4WD. The interior lock works fine, but climbing over the back seat to unlock it has becoming rather tedious.

Also is it possible to have the 5 doors hooked up to the one unit? I know I'll need to buy two kits which isn't an issue.

Thanks.

braz
31st January 2015, 07:10 PM
Mate, can't remember the brand, but I bought a Aftermarket Central Locking and Power windows for my shorty and works a treat, Ordered them through Ebay

Price was pretty good as well, I know a mate of mine bought a central locking kit for his patrol from Supercheap and its still going strong after 18 mths.. Sorry can't be any helpful

BigRAWesty
31st January 2015, 07:42 PM
I've just installed a lock mate system. Available from anvil / jacar.
Just over $100 for the solenoids and keyless system.
Simple install. I took out the old ones and mounted the new ones with a direct connection. Not the screw on brackets they supplied

liftlid
1st February 2015, 11:05 PM
I used the jacar one worked fine, hooked it up to car alarm, purchased an extra master sol for passengers door and put std sol on rear door .

Majestic
3rd February 2015, 07:59 PM
Thanks guys, seems like I can get a kit for $30 off ebay, Supercheap are asking double that. I'll probably look at getting one in the coming weeks and installing it. Thanks for the advice and replies. :D