PDA

View Full Version : Runva 11Xp Install to Genuine Nissan Bar

Smoothrun
28th January 2015, 07:30 PM
Hey all,

Decided to get an 11XP and picked it up today, Ive been looking at the mounting position before I install it tomorrow and have found the following issue, Ill bullet point the concerns and show some pics, Im aware of the gearbox rotation so no need to worry about that when you see the pics.

I am aware the 11XP will mount straight in, as advised by Runva Cust Supp and observed threads.

It will but I have a concern regarding the Fairlead holes, they seem to be a bit higher than lets say the middle of the spool where id prefer it sat, see pic

the above pic shows how low the winch spool sits from the fairlead bolt holes, as the rope spools from the bottom of the winch it would be ok if i turned it upside down, no mention of this in all my research

there is a couple of brackets above the top holes and if i use these holes id have to drill the bottom holes just below the Fairlead holes.

ill put up a few other pics just incase you spot something I havent but id appreciate any feedback, theres very little info on these installs in threads so ill make sure I follow up on this one with pics so others may benifit.

Cheers Dave

Edit,, I just took off the smaller brackets (top left pic) from behind the bar and those holes are no good as I wont get them in from the front as the bar cross member sits in front of them, wish I had sighted that first

You can see the two silver brackets on either side coming to the bar, the bolts are just visible under the top cross member below the number plate,

from the above pic the 2 top holes on either side line up perfectly with 2 x lower holes which you cannot see, theyre under the bottom cross member, obviously the top holes i am showing for winch install should be where my fairlead bolts into, If I am correct then I can only answer my own question and say that Id need to drill 4 x new mounting holes using the fairlead holes as a centre point of my mount,(middle of spool).

just a point for others the clutch handle hits the rear of the bbar therefore if it was to be mounted as it is or even as I have suggested above I would need a spacing bracket or washers etc about 5 to 10mm, not a major but worth considering, Im going to simply rotate the gearbox so it sits on top and not to the front, which is my preference anyway.

lucus30
28th January 2015, 08:02 PM
Mate flip it around clutch on the drivers side. I've got the same bar and same winch and what we have all done

Smoothrun
28th January 2015, 08:24 PM
Thanks lucas, Dont know where my minds at at the moment, I read up on winches a couple of months ago and somehow thought the other Runvas plus many others needed to be turned over, Bit of relief and first thing I thought of when I got to this point but when I read up on straight fit I thought it was without flipping it over, So theres nothing else I need to do then, flip it over mount the fairlead and wire it up then.

Oh well maybe the pics might help others anyway and ill put up a few more as I go along.

Cheers

Dave

BigRAWesty
28th January 2015, 08:29 PM
Mate flip it around clutch on the drivers side. I've got the same bar and same winch and what we have all done

What does that change?? Winch will still be in the same location compared to fairlead.

Um well yea I see your issue. Seeing I custom made mine I put the fairlead inline with the 3 layer. But yours is still above the 4 layer.
I can't see any issues with using those bracket holes. But what do the brackets hold??
Will you need to leave those brackets and space the bottom out with a washer??

Smoothrun
28th January 2015, 08:48 PM
What does that change?? Winch will still be in the same location compared to fairlead.

Um well yea I see your issue. Seeing I custom made mine I put the fairlead inline with the 3 layer. But yours is still above the 4 layer.
I can't see any issues with using those bracket holes. But what do the brackets hold??
Will you need to leave those brackets and space the bottom out with a washer??

Thanks Kallen, It seems that the mounting issue is corrected when turning it over as the rope spools off the bottom, although its not exactly centralised it does make a huge difference in the angle the spooling from top V's spooling from the bottom,Im just about to mount it after moving the gearbox and ill take a pic, you will see the difference this makes.

lucus30
28th January 2015, 08:51 PM
All runva advise is to make sure out and in are still correct on the remote. Bacho86 sent an email and asked them. When I'm home I can look at mine if you want

Rocket55
28th January 2015, 09:31 PM
Flip it over and rotate the gearbox and bolt it in, straight forward. I have the same winch and bar also. You will need 10mm longer bolts in the top holes that hold the fair lead in. Plenty of pics in my build. There's a link in my signature.

lucus30
28th January 2015, 10:07 PM
Flip it over and rotate the gearbox and bolt it in, straight forward. I have the same winch and bar also. You will need 10mm longer bolts in the top holes that hold the fair lead in. Plenty of pics in my build. There's a link in my signature.

Oh yeah forgot about the 10mm longer HT bolts. Cost me $1 from a bolt shop

Also I discovered I couldn't get nyloc nuts into the holes in the winch so use the supplied ones with spring washer on the front of the fairlead and bullbar

Bacho86
28th January 2015, 11:00 PM

Yeh as both rocket and lucus have said, flip the winch around so that the standard holes will line up with the winch and fair lead (you'll know when it's right because the winch rope will spool straight out and not foul on the bar)and then rotate the gearbox so you can engage the clutch with sufficient clearance from the crossover member. As per rocket I've got some more photos and details in my build thread also.

Where abouts are you located in melbourne?

Smoothrun
28th January 2015, 11:24 PM
If thats the case then it shouldnt matter, eg: If I hold the remote down for out and turn it on its side or upside down it will still be spoling out so on that theory I would assume all will be ok. I just mounted it upside down and looks alot better, The only prob is I still need to use the top mounting bolts for the fairlead, and sadly the bolts are too short, Ill get some longer stainless bolts and finish it off tomorrow, so far itlooks good and Im glad its set back as far as it is to eliminate sun exposure to the rope, the side brackets I was talking about you will see are still mounted and the clutch lever only just skims the bracket on the left, umming and arring about removing them as they can only be for added vibration support normal 4wdriving no stress but possibly usefull on corrigations, cape york etc. Note for others: either way I can still get my hand in there fairly easy, could even give it a tap with a small sledgey, but really not required

Pics for those that are interested

Smoothrun
28th January 2015, 11:41 PM
Thanks everyone, appologies as I just posted above without seeing your updates on my pc, (didnt refresh it first),

As stated your all spot on, i need 10mm longer bolts on the top mount, got next 2 days off so ill finish it tomorrow, Im in Berwick Bacho.

Pics as it looks now

As you can see Kallen it looks alot better this way around

Happy with the space for the rope/cable to move around, only a 5mm difference in width overall.

did you guys leave the rear brackets in or out

last one shows lhs bracket in front of clutch lever

Ill do more Pics showing bolt extentions etc tomorrow

Thanks all, Dave

BigRAWesty
29th January 2015, 12:48 AM
Coming up invalid attachments lol

Smoothrun
29th January 2015, 12:55 AM
Coming up invalid attachments lol

Must have used up my quota on pics i think, not sure, just tried again with same outcome on this post so I deleted them

Smoothrun
29th January 2015, 01:05 AM
Can anyone help with mounting options for the control box, Silly question I have a dual battery setup and just need confirmation that I wire direct to the main Battery not the Aux, also I was supplied an isolator switch but I read somewhere about an easier way by changing the wire (blue) in the control box. I'll try and find it on here tonight. IMO the isolator switches are ok but not reliable due to exposure under the bonnet etc. Ive been through a couple in my time and they were used continuously, unlike these would be.

If anyone has mounting pics Id appreciate it.

Cheers

Rocket55
29th January 2015, 07:57 AM
I built a flat bracket that spans the chassis rails above the winch and mounted the control box on that. I think it was the small red wire that goes from the main positive in (from your cranking battery) to the back of the solenoid, I just cut it extended the wires and put a switch in the cab. This way stops everything from working but you still have positive power to the solenoid box so it's possible a vandel could still remove your grill and sort across the terminals to make it work. Low risk in my opinion. Not sure what front and rear brackets you are referring to as I can't see your pics but I have a top view photo of my winch set up with the grill removed in my build so you can see all the brackets that are there.

Bacho86
29th January 2015, 08:03 AM
Can anyone help with mounting options for the control box, Silly question I have a dual battery setup and just need confirmation that I wire direct to the main Battery not the Aux, also I was supplied an isolator switch but I read somewhere about an easier way by changing the wire (blue) in the control box. I'll try and find it on here tonight. IMO the isolator switches are ok but not reliable due to exposure under the bonnet etc. Ive been through a couple in my time and they were used continuously, unlike these would be.

If anyone has mounting pics Id appreciate it.

Cheers

Yeh I was about to ask if you had any thoughts on mounting options.... That was one that had me stump for a while, I ended up mounting it off the crossmembers for the bulbar

What model patrol do you have? I remember from lucus30 couldn't mount his in the same place as mine because the bull bar was slightly different and didn't have as much room.

I didnt end up installing the isolator switch, it looked like a decent bit of kit (was rated appropritaetly but obviously on the budget side of things), because I couldn't find a nice spot to mount it without stuffing around too much!

I have considered installing an inline isloator available from road runner, but never got around to it - for know I just disconnect the positive lead when not in use

Bacho86
29th January 2015, 08:07 AM
Thanks everyone, appologies as I just posted above without seeing your updates on my pc, (didnt refresh it first),

As stated your all spot on, i need 10mm longer bolts on the top mount, got next 2 days off so ill finish it tomorrow, Im in Berwick Bacho.

I'm in ferntree gully, so if you want to have a look at mine to get a idea your welcome to come around

lucus30
29th January 2015, 09:39 AM
I'm in ferntree gully, so if you want to have a look at mine to get a idea your welcome to come around

Like wise feel free to come round to mine in ferntree gully also. My solenoid is mounted in the bullbar without the cover.

If you need a hand with anything let me know

Bacho86 helped me install my winch and crate with the solenoid mounting so happy to return the favour to others

Also I'd be buying high tensile bolts not stainless.

Smoothrun
29th January 2015, 11:27 AM
Thanks Bacho86, Lucas30,

Appreciate your invites to view, based on Bacho,s pics I was thinking about doing exactly the same, Im headin over to a mates later in Pakenham as hes a fitter on holidays, not whilst im in need, hes got heaps of plate n scrap steel i could use so ill see how i go there first, gotta pick up new brackets for me cargo barrier after rear drawer build.

Ps, mines a 2013 gu

Bacho86
29th January 2015, 12:08 PM
No worries - biggest thing you'll want to think about when locating the solenoid is that you can still access and move the clutch handle and also access the control box to plug in the winch controller - DO NOT rely on the wireless remote.

I tried my winch out for the first time properly on Saturday when I was stuck in a slight predicament on the side of a hill, and besides having all the rope run off the drum (no where near as much length as what I expected!) the wireless remote decided to start playing up! Wasn't particularly impressed to say the least

Rocket55
29th January 2015, 02:18 PM
Yep, I know what you're saying. I got stuck a few weeks ago and had to winch, but all worked well. I still don't trust the wireless bit (worked fine on the day) thats why I put in cab whinch controls. Extend the 3 wires up into the cab, put an Momentry On - Off - Momentry On switch in and you're done.

BigRAWesty
29th January 2015, 05:39 PM
Yep, I know what you're saying. I got stuck a few weeks ago and had to winch, but all worked well. I still don't trust the wireless bit (worked fine on the day) thats why I put in cab whinch controls. Extend the 3 wires up into the cab, put an Momentry On - Off - Momentry On switch in and you're done.

This is on my to do list.
I plan on putting it in my center console as I think anything on the dash would be a pain to hold while steering and winching.

Throbbinhood
29th January 2015, 05:52 PM
This is on my to do list.
I plan on putting it in my center console as I think anything on the dash would be a pain to hold while steering and winching.

It's a good spot, easy to get to and comfortable, and can be reached by both driver and passenger. Only down side is the dog has hit it a few times when she's decided to jump up front. I've got an isolator switch for it as well, so fortunately she's never happened to flick both!

Rocket55
29th January 2015, 09:08 PM
Yep, mines on the centre console, great spot.

BigRAWesty
29th January 2015, 09:35 PM
It's a good spot, easy to get to and comfortable, and can be reached by both driver and passenger. Only down side is the dog has hit it a few times when she's decided to jump up front. I've got an isolator switch for it as well, so fortunately she's never happened to flick both!

Yea isolator is behind the steering wheel. So that one is safe lol

Smoothrun
30th January 2015, 12:42 AM
Thanks for that Bacho86, I can mount mine on the passenger side bracket opposite to yours, hows it holding up, I didnt get to me mates as hes crook as a dog, he offered but decided to let him RIP.

Ive got some 2mm plate here so Ill use the original mount bolted to that and bolt as you have to the side brackets, thinkin about mountin the Isolator off that too, I got the longer 10mm top bolts from Economy in Dandy today and they are identical to the original fairled bolts, stainless, Hex and rated at 7.2, more than enough, looks pretty good, just gotta mount the rear protector plate once I mount the control box, the bottom plate fitted in perfect with about 20mm spare, If i didnt turn it upside down would have had to get the grinder out just for the clutch handle, so all fitted nicely.

Ill add more pics when done so others can take everything into consideration for future reference, Thanks for your input everyone, Cheers

Smoothrun
30th January 2015, 01:44 AM

Great, now one projects just turned into another lol, Top idea that, read it once before somewhere a while ago but think ill go the remove + from battery for the winch for now, I had another look at the isolator and they arent too bad actually I dont have the crimping gear for the big cables but keen to give it a go too, seen it on spew tube and recon it looks fairly easy.

Thanks Rocket55

lucus30
30th January 2015, 08:02 AM
Great, now one projects just turned into another lol, Top idea that, read it once before somewhere a while ago but think ill go the remove + from battery for the winch for now, I had another look at the isolator and they arent too bad actually I dont have the crimping gear for the big cables but keen to give it a go too, seen it on spew tube and recon it looks fairly easy.

Thanks Rocket55

Come to mine if you want I've got a crimper

Bacho86
30th January 2015, 12:39 PM
Thanks for that Bacho86, I can mount mine on the passenger side bracket opposite to yours, hows it holding up, I didnt get to me mates as hes crook as a dog, he offered but decided to let him RIP.

It's holding up well so far - but I haven't done any extreme corrugations or anything yet. Just one of those things to keep an eye on

Smoothrun
30th January 2015, 10:54 PM
Come to mine if you want I've got a crimper

Cheers mate!, and thanks for the offer, Im not gunna worry about it for now, Ill decide on a spot for the isolator when I fit up a couple of other things on me list, what crimper have you got, Im gunna have a sqiz on fleabay and buy a decent one, Me mates a fitter and used to work open cut many moons ago, Ive seen him do all his old style years ago (with a cold chisel) but know he bought one a while ago so ill suss him out when hes not busy.

Smoothrun
30th January 2015, 11:02 PM
It's holding up well so far - but I haven't done any extreme corrugations or anything yet. Just one of those things to keep an eye on

I recon itll be ok, I fitted mine too close to the grille and couldnt put the remote plug in, :1087:, worked out good because i simply took it off and bent the mount at a 45, worked out great cos now it rests solid on the winch housing too. doesnt even flex, ill keep aan eye on that and pack it up if the need arised.

Smoothrun
30th January 2015, 11:05 PM
I noticed today that there was a light blue cable sittin in the control box, I recon it might be the cordless remote lead, I didnt do it but if I have dramas with the remote first thing ill do is pull that lead outa the control box.

Smoothrun
30th January 2015, 11:10 PM
OK after family left I jumped back onto it to finish the wiring, Not sure what ive done or need to do, but the winch is winding in when selecting out on the remote, and visa versa, any thoughts anyone, do i need to change the blue and yellow leads, cos I turned it over, change the rope on the spool. Im stumped, please help.

BigRAWesty
30th January 2015, 11:13 PM
That blue cable is the antenna for the remote. It is wired to a separate unit which feeds the solenoid along side of the plug.

If you open the unit up you will see 2 red wires running off the positive solenoid post. Take them off and run them threw a switch in the cab. This will switch on and off the control units.

Rocket55
30th January 2015, 11:38 PM
I just followed the standard colour coding and it all worked the right way. Double check you have gone blue to blue and yellow to yellow.

Smoothrun
31st January 2015, 12:25 AM
That blue cable is the antenna for the remote. It is wired to a separate unit which feeds the solenoid along side of the plug.

If you open the unit up you will see 2 red wires running off the positive solenoid post. Take them off and run them threw a switch in the cab. This will switch on and off the control units.

Sound good, Ill do that, thanks mate

Smoothrun
31st January 2015, 12:32 AM
I just followed the standard colour coding and it all worked the right way. Double check you have gone blue to blue and yellow to yellow.

Yep, Checked that already Rocket, The rope is drawing from the top of the spool as I needed, all I did was turn the winch over which shouldnt make any difference to in or out. control lead only goes in one way so its not that. Best I can do is email Runva,

Edit,,,
Just for the record i tested it with the wireless remote and in was in, out was out, gotta be a stuff up on the hard remote,remote socket on control panel, or the wireless remotes incorrect lol, gotta put all possibilities out there.

Have emailed Runva should geta a reply tomorrow or Sunday.

Smoothrun
31st January 2015, 02:03 AM
Thought id update some pics for reference

These show the bbar support brackets side brackets ive been mentioning, i simply removed it drilled the holes and used stainless bolts

I also used longer bolts underneath for the control box

I have more pics but these show the positioning, the last one has now changed as I bent it a little and thats made it more solid, just didnt taka a pic yet.

catchinjack
31st January 2015, 10:30 AM
Seen a post elsewhere that the Runva 11xp is selling for $600 which includes free install as well from Shents Automotive at North Wyong NSW. Not a bad deal really.

Bacho86
31st January 2015, 12:12 PM
Thought id update some pics for reference
These show the bbar support brackets side brackets ive been mentioning, i simply removed it drilled the holes and used stainless bolts

I also used longer bolts underneath for the control box

I have more pics but these show the positioning, the last one has now changed as I bent it a little and thats made it more solid, just didnt taka a pic yet.

Nice work mate, looks like it came together nicely - hopefully you get the controller issues sorted out quickly!

Smoothrun
31st January 2015, 01:59 PM
Thanks Bacho86, Thanks for putting your pics up too mate, without those i wasnt sure if it would hold, pics make it heaps easier than trying to rest it, hopin out from underneath for a look. Save heaps of muckin around.

Appreciated. :smiley_thumbs_up:

I emailed Runva thismorning about 1am ish and got a reply at 7 am, hows that for customer service. Anyway advice was to change the wired remote leads around, rather than doing that i simply pulled it apart, turned the switch around and all works fine, took 5 minutes.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Smoothrun
31st January 2015, 02:02 PM
Seen a post elsewhere that the Runva 11xp is selling for $600 which includes free install as well from Shents Automotive at North Wyong NSW. Not a bad deal really.

Thats a bargain I recon.

Bacho86
31st January 2015, 09:08 PM
Thanks Bacho86, Thanks for putting your pics up too mate, without those i wasnt sure if it would hold, pics make it heaps easier than trying to rest it, hopin out from underneath for a look. Save heaps of muckin around.

Appreciated. :smiley_thumbs_up:

I emailed Runva thismorning about 1am ish and got a reply at 7 am, hows that for customer service. Anyway advice was to change the wired remote leads around, rather than doing that i simply pulled it apart, turned the switch around and all works fine, took 5 minutes.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Good to hear they got back to you so quickly and you were able to sort it all out

Richie-Rich
7th February 2015, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the pictures and explanations guys. Helped heaps during my install.

I wanted a semi stealth install but also wanted the control box to be accessible. So following on from the ideas I saw here and similar to someone else's install, I got a 1m length of 3mm steel, ran the each side of the bull bar above the winch. Knocked out the control box blank in the bar, and mounted the control box on the steel with just the wired control input poking through the cut out in the bullbar. Took me waay longer than it should have but happy with the end result.

Thanks for all the help.

Rej

Rocket55
7th February 2015, 01:54 PM
Sounds like a sweet install. Pics or it didn't happen ;)

Richie-Rich
7th February 2015, 08:30 PM
I agree

Smoothrun
7th February 2015, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the pictures and explanations guys. Helped heaps during my install.

I wanted a semi stealth install but also wanted the control box to be accessible.

Thanks for all the help.

Rej
I should have mentioned that i can still access the panel from either top with bonnet open or fro. The front rhs of the winch through the bbar. Nice job Rej. Appreciate the pics . Following pic shows the space available.54895

Bacho86
8th February 2015, 12:18 PM
Nice work Richie-rich, certainly a nice install! Just shows that there are many different ways to get the job done, unfortunately i wasn't able to to use the factory cut out on the bar because I have a light bar running across there, but yours looks very stealth

Richie-Rich
8th February 2015, 07:29 PM
Thanks guys!! I am happy with how it all worked out.

Massive thanks to this forum for all the ideas.

I must have worked out a 100 different spots but something would always foul or not work.

My plans will be 2 rounds LED spotties and then between a clearance cam mounted in the middle. The control box placement should allow for this. Then a curved LED bar on the rack and I no longer have to be scared of the boogie man...

Rej

Smoothrun
9th February 2015, 12:51 AM
This forums what its all about Rej. Ive had heaps of help in the past and those who contributed makes it all worth the while. Congrats on a great job. And put up some pics when ya got it all done.

Cheers Dave

Bowyer
26th April 2015, 08:44 PM
Very informative but too much mucking around for me, just bought one off ebay, any recommendations for a shop to fit one of these in Wollongong.

Cheers

Smoothrun
26th April 2015, 11:27 PM
Cant help ya there im in Melb but any 4wd,autoelec,mechanic will gladly take ya cash for a fitup. Its only 4 bolts to mount it and wiring is as easy as installing a battery. Im happy to help if ya need it, just pm me. otherwise go for it

Bowyer
27th April 2015, 06:31 AM
Cheers,
Should do it myself, just a lazy bugger but I think you've talked me into it, will give it a crack when I get home.

Smoothrun
27th April 2015, 01:24 PM
No worries, pm me if ya need any help, I work nights so If I dont get back in time just post your questions up here, as you can see from this thread alone theres plenty of help here, i had great support.

Great forum this one.

Cheers

BigRAWesty
23rd January 2016, 08:36 AM
Ok guys a thread dig..
At what angle did you guys mount your gearbox so that the lever clears all?
Will if fit facing foward and clear the bar?
It doesn't clear the bar brace so straight up is out..
I currently have it at 10 o'clock (looking from winch end) and it's an absolute pita to reach to engage.. any help please..

lucus30
23rd January 2016, 09:09 AM
Ok guys a thread dig..
At what angle did you guys mount your gearbox so that the lever clears all?
Will if fit facing foward and clear the bar?
It doesn't clear the bar brace so straight up is out..
I currently have it at 10 o'clock (looking from winch end) and it's an absolute pita to reach to engage.. any help please..
Hmm from memory mine would be about 10 degrees also. It's not too hard to get into I'll have a look when I'm home for you

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

BigRAWesty
23rd January 2016, 09:21 AM
Hmm from memory mine would be about 10 degrees also. It's not too hard to get into I'll have a look when I'm home for you

Towards the front so it's under the bar brace??

lucus30
23rd January 2016, 12:47 PM
Nah towards the back

BigRAWesty
23rd January 2016, 01:26 PM
Ok that's were mine is atm and what a prick to get..

Hodge
23rd January 2016, 01:33 PM
Hey Kallen. I had to face mine up as it was fouling everywhere facing towards the front, except at the very back which was pointless as you cannot reach it by hand. I was just gonna heat up and bend the handle or cut it down a bit... and leave it at 12 oclock. Howevrer, I now have the different Runva winch I got today with a different clutch handle and can be rotated all around, unlike the original one which cannot be rotated past a certain point on the front.

Here is how my 11Xp is fitted you can tell the selector switch fouls on top of that bull bar. ANd second photo is of my new winch.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64214&stc=1http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64213&stc=1

threedogs
23rd January 2016, 03:48 PM
@ Eric I like that termination part you have for the new winch [red]
been meaning to get one for my winch, I think Snake Racing sell something similar
Very easy to fit a shackle to

http://shop.snakeracing.com.au/red-flatlink-winch-recovery-hook/

http://shop.snakeracing.com.au/red-prolink-loaded-recovery-winch-hook/

Hodge
23rd January 2016, 04:25 PM
Tbh I didn't know this was a part of the package but yeah I guess i'll fit it on.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64222&stc=1

threedogs
23rd January 2016, 05:50 PM
First dibs if you dont please. lol

BigRAWesty
23rd January 2016, 06:06 PM
Hey Kallen. I had to face mine up as it was fouling everywhere facing towards the front, except at the very back which was pointless as you cannot reach it by hand. I was just gonna heat up and bend the handle or cut it down a bit... and leave it at 12 oclock. Howevrer, I now have the different Runva winch I got today with a different clutch handle and can be rotated all around, unlike the original one which cannot be rotated past a certain point on the front.

Here is how my 11Xp is fitted you can tell the selector switch fouls on top of that bull bar. ANd second photo is of my new winch.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64214&stc=1http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64213&stc=1
Ok first up how the fark did you get your grill out. The top 4 cluos are easy but those down next to the lights have stumped me...
Next, So how have you installed your the right way up and still get the rope out up high?
Have you reversed your spool direction??

Hodge
23rd January 2016, 07:31 PM
My trick with the bottom 2 tabs on the grille is to pull it like a 15 year old ...
As for the spool direction mine spools at the bottom. So I had to change nothing except the clutch lever rotation.

BigRAWesty
23rd January 2016, 07:37 PM
Mine also normally spools from under but the fair lead has to be mounted at the top in the nissan bar.. so you gotta flip the winch so it spools from the top.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/01/261.jpg

lucus30
26th October 2016, 02:08 PM
I think i'm going to remount my solenoid int he engine bay. Not happy with where i put mine.
Also those new 11xp premiums look great. If my orginal 11xp ever dies I know what I'll be getting

BigRAWesty
27th October 2016, 10:49 AM
I think i'm going to remount my solenoid int he engine bay. Not happy with where i put mine.
Also those new 11xp premiums look great. If my orginal 11xp ever dies I know what I'll be getting
I've bolted mine just next to the motor.
Still have to shorten the cables down bit, they'll be about 150mm. Eliminate more voltage drop.

lucus30
27th October 2016, 10:53 AM
I've bolted mine just next to the motor.
Still have to shorten the cables down bit, they'll be about 150mm. Eliminate more voltage drop.

Got any pics ?

P.S You didn't accept my friend request
:-(

Bacho86
27th October 2016, 11:37 AM

Give me a call when you're doing it if you want a hand... Or someone just to watch! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lucus30
27th October 2016, 11:39 AM
Give me a call when you're doing it if you want a hand... Or someone just to watch! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha ha will do mate. I can drink beer while you do it?

Bacho86
27th October 2016, 02:41 PM
Ha ha will do mate. I can drink beer while you do it?

Hahaha that's bound to end badly for sure!!

BigRAWesty
27th October 2016, 07:38 PM
Got any pics ?

P.S You didn't accept my friend request
:-(
I can get some pics. .

And when was this??
Haven't had any requests for months??

lucus30
27th October 2016, 08:49 PM
I can get some pics. .

And when was this??
Haven't had any requests for months??
Like 1 week ago. Maybe it blocked my request

BigRAWesty
27th October 2016, 09:01 PM
Like 1 week ago. Maybe it blocked my request

I'll look into it

shantillylais
27th August 2017, 10:18 PM
raising an old thread again, mainly because I had read and re read lots on putting a Runva 11xp winch in the Nissan bar. I bought a Nissan Bar dated 2012 on Friday, and today finished servicing my winch (11xp Premium). I wont be putting it on the car just yet, but decided to test fit the winch to the bar to get my head around everything I had read. Either something has changed in the later bars and or the premium winch, because mine fitted up no issues whatever. The drum rotation is correct, the drum sits in the hawse window as it should. All I have to do now is get a standard Hawse because the one off my last car is offset, so that no big deal, better if I can get a secondhand one so we will see. Do you know of any around near us Kallen ( bigguwesty ) ? Anyway I will post some pics when I take some tomorrow, and thanks to someone on here who mounted the control box in and under the centre of the bar back near the grill. I have made a bracket to do likewise. cheers Lana

no eye deer
1st September 2020, 02:48 PM
Another thread dig! Anyone know if it's necessary to remove the bar, with fitting the 11xp premium?
Thanks fellas,
Mark

nipagu7
2nd September 2020, 07:36 PM
no . just remove the bash plate under the bullbar and lift the winch up from underneath .

no eye deer
12th February 2021, 07:51 PM
All good. Fitted up nice. I had to undo the bar bolts , and inch the bar forward though. I put a safety rope around a tree limb, so if it fell off, I wouldn't die.
Removed one of Kings finest Dominator winches , that got exposed to a rain shower ,first.