PDA

View Full Version : is anyone running a gq with a 4.5 with gq efi computer and niztune?????

tplroberts
26th January 2015, 07:27 PM
i have heard of the conversion of a 4.5 in a gq with the tb42e computer and modified loom running a niztune! i need some knowledge on it if anyone can lend a hand! and dont bother trying to tell me to put a 4.8 in :)

or can you tell me about your 4.5 conversion and what i need.

this moor is to be turboed down the track to!!

noel
26th January 2015, 07:30 PM
I need help I have registered but i don't know how to post a comment

Clunk
27th January 2015, 02:59 PM

It would appear that you have already worked that out with this post

threedogs
27th January 2015, 03:53 PM

Find the right section for your question and go from there be it electrical or mechanical

BigRAWesty
27th January 2015, 04:53 PM
i have heard of the conversion of a 4.5 in a gq with the tb42e computer and modified loom running a niztune! i need some knowledge on it if anyone can lend a hand! and dont bother trying to tell me to put a 4.8 in :)

or can you tell me about your 4.5 conversion and what i need.

this moor is to be turboed down the track to!!

From my knowledge the blocks are the same. I know the efi system onto the tb42 is popular. So one would assume it's either piston/ bores are different or its all in the head???
The 4.8 is a completely different engine so yea no point with that.

billyj
27th January 2015, 05:48 PM
any reason you want the 4.5, if your going to turbo it would it not be easier to just turbo a tb42e? they make good power and torque when you pump a little boost into them

tplroberts
1st February 2015, 11:31 AM
From my knowledge the blocks are the same. I know the efi system onto the tb42 is popular. So one would assume it's either piston/ bores are different or its all in the head???
The 4.8 is a completely different engine so yea no point with that.

i know for a fact that you can run the gq efi on the 4.5 and my mate has tuned a turbo 4.5 with the gq computer but i want to know what parts and bit i need to get to do it to mine eg. dizzy,tps,airflow meter, i was just hoping one of the fella here had done it before!

tplroberts
1st February 2015, 11:32 AM
any reason you want the 4.5, if your going to turbo it would it not be easier to just turbo a tb42e? they make good power and torque when you pump a little boost into them

my 4.2 carb is rooted and i can have a 4.5 thats fine for next to nothing and i can get hold of some gqefi shit cheep its more a budget cheeper is better thing! haha ut i want some grunt also

BigRAWesty
1st February 2015, 12:52 PM
i know for a fact that you can run the gq efi on the 4.5 and my mate has tuned a turbo 4.5 with the gq computer but i want to know what parts and bit i need to get to do it to mine eg. dizzy,tps,airflow meter, i was just hoping one of the fella here had done it before!

Gorge would be the one to ask.
He's right up with the petrol and tuning world

Clunk
1st February 2015, 10:09 PM
yeah Alitis007 is a whizzzz, he know's everything, he's our hero

Alitis007
2nd February 2015, 07:20 AM
yeah Alitis007 is a whizzzz, he know's everything, he's our hero

He's the bestest google searcher there is !!!

mudski
19th February 2015, 08:27 PM

Haha! Post of 2015! Gold!