PDA

View Full Version : Broadwater at Nissan Patrol meetup

HuskyInAuz
25th January 2015, 10:39 PM
Couple issues, water source tap for slide out kitchen is located in the wrong place.
Left rear leveler snapped off while trying to level it out. Phone call to be made Tuesday.

Stropp
26th January 2015, 01:23 AM
I haven't had a camper that didn't have a couple of small issues, hope you get sorted mate.

HuskyInAuz
26th January 2015, 09:03 AM
I went into the purchase of the BW with a pretty good understanding somethings were going to be in need of an upgrade and of course my need have some developmental projects. The leveling jack wasn't something I expected to break on the first go though, oh well, we slept like rocks anyway (even with the folks who were having a great late night around the campfire/gazebo's). The rust on the eye's of the gas strut is an annoyance, have to get the lanocote out. The water sink source is really a PITA because you can't get a good drain on the sink since the access door can't swing further down. Need to find the right fitting and move it around to the back.

My Wednesday AM forward platform prototype will work from a weight perspective, with fuel 169kg, the water will go to the rear, those plastic cargo boxes weight about 10 kg each and I'll frame the finished box up in ally with deflector reducing the weight a bit.

Looks kind of gypsy-ish but I was tired and so put the cross straps across the front versus rolling them up properly. On the way down the one 50mm center strap worked fine.

List from two quick outings;
240 vac input and output (grid and inverter) inside and at kitchen
More 12vdc outlet plugs (6mm and 4mm wire)
Permanent exterior Anderson plug for solar input and one more on L side for secondary frig
Ally poles to replace some of the non-heavy duty load bearing awing poles, the poles themselves must weigh 30kgs
Steps need a lock
Extra water rack on back with small ally box for chem toilet
Lightweight poles for window coverings, right not they are gal, heavy and would rub the coating off the side.

threedogs
26th January 2015, 09:16 AM
looking good great area in front of everything there for a 6" piece of PVC to hold some Poles.
Still looks very front heavy to me,lol
Do you have plenty of LED lighting?

HuskyInAuz
26th January 2015, 09:31 AM
LED lights, inside, blindingly so.. strips up and down the forward and rear canopy supports. I'm on fleabay now looking for 12vdc dimmers.
Next time I have it up I'll take some night shots.

I was/am concerned about the tongue weight too, hence why I keep weighting it. The awning poles go in right above the access hatch in front of the tub, so they are close to the axle. I'll see how much room there will be in the rear for a pole carrier although I don't know how the existing space would be used. Guess one could tear out the shelf and make bigger draws.. interesting.

threedogs
26th January 2015, 09:59 AM
I'll put a pic here of what iI use ,I've done it this way so
I can use on any LED light I have, be it awning or general camp lighting.
The other module is a PIR so when you walk out at night say a light will come on for you.
I've found it very handy,plus I can move both to any light I want
I've also remote dimmers but like this one best

threedogs
27th January 2015, 01:55 PM
Heres a link to a dimmer for you
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PIR-LED-Strip-Light-Dimmer-Controller-Brightness-Switch-Control-12V-8A-Camper-/361149783793?pt=AU_Lighting_Fans&hash=item5416345ef1

Bloodyaussie
27th January 2015, 06:01 PM
Really nice set up Husky has and I was impressed with it... a few niggly things but nothing major but it seems every camper i have seen has the odd thing here and there that needs sorting, usually nothing major.

I know if Husky decided it needed to be donated to a nice home it would be much appreciated here...Lol !!!!

HuskyInAuz
3rd February 2015, 05:56 AM
Here is a link with a gallery with the good and bad along with additions/modifications. Couple of issues but Mark responds quickly so good support.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/111896884007430657052/albums/6110298924006433025

threedogs
3rd February 2015, 08:54 AM
I nearly brought a blank trailer from SUGAR GLIDER that had that suspension set up.
Must tow like a dream? Weber Q's are good value too. great set up.
I see now how it works at a caravan park you just reverse to the end of the slab and thats it
easy peasy

HuskyInAuz
3rd February 2015, 10:15 AM
TD,
The 'sleeping' setup is very quick, like 2-3 minutes. Adding the big awning is more but we have two portable awnings plus the rooftop on Patrol. Still sorting out a couple minor issues, hope to take it out again end of week for 4 days or so.

I tows very well, too well down the bitumen and I didn't slow down much on some of our back dirt roads here coming home from meetup. I should have, sandblasted the paint off some of the suspension. Have to retreat and paint.

Here is a link to Broadwater and Mark setting one up. It's pretty accurate. The video is on the bottom right.
http://www.broadwatercampers.com.au/folding_camper.php

threedogs
3rd February 2015, 11:07 AM
does it have the same track as the Patrol I need to put 1" spacers
on my camper to be the same as the Patrol, but not too bad AII.
You get a lot for your $$$ very nice indeed, but I said that lol
Just looking at the pics, maybe some extra rubber matting[Truck mud flaps]
under the stone guard for extra protection,
or extend the ones on the Patrol some how

HuskyInAuz
3rd February 2015, 08:36 PM
does it have the same track as the Patrol I need to put 1" spacers
on my camper to be the same as the Patrol, but not too bad AII.
Just looking at the pics, maybe some extra rubber matting[Truck mud flaps]
under the stone guard for extra protection,
or extend the ones on the Patrol some how

ROFL.. I'll show you what I ordered Sunday night when the package gets here (No thanks to the stupid, elementary software ebay builds and uses).

Track, yes it's about 100 mm narrower than the 'trol.

HuskyInAuz
5th February 2015, 09:17 PM
Well my 'surprise' package went to QLD because Ebay doesn't know a sh#t what "PRIMARY" means so maybe next week TD I'll get to show you.

HuskyInAuz
6th February 2015, 09:48 PM
Few more steps forward

Ally frame for forward box. Floor will be put in and thinking about a slide at least for one side.

200 watt PV panel, low so we can stop and not take the panel off the 'top' before setting up.

HuskyInAuz
11th May 2015, 09:40 PM
So, been OS for 2 months so I got back into working on the front ally storage box. I practiced a bit of my TIG'ing before starting but bugger if I didn't make a mess out of one of the weather seal corners. Hauling it in to mates place tomorrow to get a little advice and get him moving on the rear mod.
Lots to do before trip.

Anyway, here is the box with sheeting and weather lips sitting on the CT...

HuskyInAuz
15th May 2015, 09:21 PM
Almost finished with 9 days to go...

Solar panels (one rigid, one flexible) go on the top of the front box which was built low enough so that we could stop overnight and not move the PV from being secured. I'll add a few more pics tomorrow.

HuskyInAuz
28th May 2015, 11:52 PM
Okay, all loaded up and went to local tip to get trailer weight... that was interesting. Talked with another person Tuesday who understood how to subtract and was okay weighing the combined rig and then just the Patrol (Combined - Patrol == CT) ....
Guy today looked at me if I was spewing out some abstract physics hypothesis. Nope couldn't do that way... run the CT up on the scale and just drop the jockey wheel and take the weight off the hitch, problem is it's a Tregg hitch. Not real happy, don't think the hitch was right when he gave me the weight and then it only was only two decimals.

1.7tn... when I had it weighted for blue slip, tare was 1184, 1.2 so 500 kg's of weight. Water is 100kg, recovery gear, 100kg+ so that leaves 300 in tent poles, awning, food/frig and the 'front box' ..

Ran it down the Princess Hwy.. seems fine.. Tomorrow we'll see. I think the 'trol is what is close to max..

Looking forward to 16g on Monday ;)

jack
29th May 2015, 12:27 PM
Getting excited yet?

HuskyInAuz
30th May 2015, 06:24 PM
Getting excited yet?

Yes and now on the road... Starting a new thread "Das Trip"