PDA

View Full Version : Broadwater Supreme Forward Fold Delivered

HuskyInAuz
18th January 2015, 10:17 AM
Drove up to Gold Coast Wednesday, picked up the Broadwater Thursday afternoon.
Drove back down to Taree area Friday and made a stop over. Pulls down the road up to 120km/hr (at times) with no swaying other than a few hills and congested traffic you wouldn't know it was back there until you get to bowser. Normally I get 12.4l/100 around home, 13.8 with the old King Trek CSU, but with the CT 16.7L/100.

Pulled into a CP and had a number of groups looking at the shinny girl as I backed into a un-powered site. We set it up, and this was the wife's first real complete attempt, in about 2-3 minutes. Had she done the interior support poles before it would have been very quick.

Within a very few minutes of setting up, 2 guys came by and wanted a walk through, then three ladies came over to get a better overview a bit later. A few more came by later.

I'll have a number of 'projects' that will be done to customize the CT and will post with progress pictures. Won't do much before getting the blue slip on Tuesday and the taking off for the Australia Day meet up.

But..
Waeco frig 80L does not fit in drawer... recipro time
Needs another battery
a bit more storage
240vac and inverter
Solar regulator and input
Onboard AC to DC charger

megatexture
18th January 2015, 10:23 AM
Photo didn't work mate

megatexture
18th January 2015, 11:06 AM
Yep all Good now.

Looks good, I like the no tent on the floor part

megatexture
18th January 2015, 11:10 AM
They look good for the advertised price,midi you get many options?

HuskyInAuz
18th January 2015, 12:02 PM
I had no options installed, Mark has about half a page of options you can have. I went into this knowing I was going to modify/upgrade a lot (have to have projects). I'm out there now tearing out the refrigerator slide and making a squawk/punch list. Removed the bloody 9kg gas bottle rack and stone guard already.
Had a better look underneath, welds in front of the axle look good.

Mark was good to deal with, but I didn't ask a lot of questions since I'm the one who will be fixing it. I'll be forwarding my 'constructive' remarks as time goes along, like to see him do well and improve the product... otherwise maybe a business opportunity calls ;)

We both wanted something up off the ground, there are only the two of us so I see other upgrades in the settee area later.

threedogs
18th January 2015, 02:52 PM
any more pics It looks like a great camper, a place that should not be welded is where the draw bar comes out from under the tub
Meaning tub is not welded there, common place where they break and welding makes it easier to break[crack]

BigRAWesty
18th January 2015, 04:56 PM
Any inside picks? I'm guessing you strap the bed in and it hangs from the roof once folded up?

HuskyInAuz
19th January 2015, 05:55 AM
Here are a few more pics..
TD, the tongue is one piece all the way to the front frame of the swing arm mounts.

HuskyInAuz
19th January 2015, 05:58 AM
At home with the goofy 9kg gas bottle rack off, rock guard is going too.. (but will be upgraded)

HuskyInAuz
19th January 2015, 06:03 AM
Couple interior shots .. more to follow. There are a few items I don't like but I'll call and talk to Mark about them, no use posting rumors.

threedogs
19th January 2015, 08:37 AM
Thanks,, what the towball weight on your trailer ?

rusty_nail
19th January 2015, 08:43 AM
At home with the goofy 9kg gas bottle rack off, rock guard is going too.. (but will be upgraded)

how come your getting rid of those mods mate? do they impede the trailer in some way?

HuskyInAuz
19th January 2015, 02:39 PM
Thanks,, what the towball weight on your trailer ?

NAFC... ;)
Patrol didn't dip a bit when we put it on. Specs say 120kg. Running 20psi in the air bags.

Seriously, I'll find out in the next two days, it will be less as I have another aft mod in the works.

HuskyInAuz
19th January 2015, 02:43 PM
how come your getting rid of those mods mate? do they impede the trailer in some way?

Not interested in 9kg gas bottles, 4.5's are fine, the rack was heavy as crap and the new front mod (just doing prototype now) will have a HD alloy shield with a bit better airflow. Those mods will not be done before NP AU Day meetup.

Keep everyone posted.. trying to get 2x120 ah batteries in there now, inverter, PV controller tonight.

threedogs
19th January 2015, 04:42 PM
Just looks heavy with the coupling being so far from the axle it looks very front heavy to me.
maybe 10' from the wheels to the coupling is it, or is that front box empty

HuskyInAuz
19th January 2015, 10:35 PM
Front box has the frig on one side, nothing else right now ..
TD, your in trouble with my wife, first pictures of frame at lunch, now going to bed but instead I'm going out to measure ... :)

I had all the tent poles, awnings, etc in the front when we took delivery, 'trol didn't move a bit when we hooked up. maybe 10mm I was really surprised.

If you look at the rear frame there is a blank receiver but on either side there are two frame receivers where that spare holder and receiver slots into. I'm going to add a small box on the right side to hold the chemical toilet and the center to left side 4 20L water containers, that will effect the CG aft.... 'course could be smok'n dope too :)

Center of Tregg to center of axle 3720mm..
A lot of the unit is ally plate btw.

HuskyInAuz
19th January 2015, 10:37 PM
I will try and to a loaded tongue weight before too many more mods. I know one owner already added jerry cans AND the spare tire up front.

HuskyInAuz
20th January 2015, 10:04 AM
Tongue weight with frig in front box, 114 kg

threedogs
20th January 2015, 03:01 PM
not too bad just about maxed out, but wow nearly 4 mtr draw bar no flex using the 100x50x3 rhs I take it
Sorry to your missus too lol
I think some towbars have a 200kg load rating and others have 350kg rating that down force

HuskyInAuz
20th January 2015, 09:42 PM
[QUOTE=threedogs;573994]not too bad just about maxed out, but wow nearly 4 mtr draw bar no flex using the 100x50x3 rhs I take it

100x50x4mm drawbar... Had the blue slip today, shop was impressed underneath, I wasn't with the paperwork. Need to talk with Mark but we over came and now it has a license plate.

HuskyInAuz
20th January 2015, 10:18 PM
Okay, more progress / photo's, two batteries in place of one, now 240 Ah.. ;) problem is I had to rip out the existing panel and cut an extension and move the panel back (aft).

HuskyInAuz
20th January 2015, 11:04 PM
Cut out first picture and moved existing panel with switches aft and Projecta Charger and Inverter remote heads mounted.. complete

HuskyInAuz
20th January 2015, 11:08 PM
Prototype ally frig slide cut and folded and installed.. now the top clears the box anyway, have to move the frig a little bit out when the top is opened.

threedogs
21st January 2015, 08:42 AM
[QUOTE=threedogs;573994]not too bad just about maxed out, but wow nearly 4 mtr draw bar no flex using the 100x50x3 rhs I take it

100x50x4mm drawbar... Had the blue slip today, shop was impressed underneath, I wasn't with the paperwork. Need to talk with Mark but we over came and now it has a license plate.

thats not going anywhere in a hurry, must tow like a dream being so long [drawbar]
More info on towball weights at 200kg the payload stays the same on a diesel auto,
At 250kg the payload is reduced by 150kg.
But we all over pack I think.
Id hate to weigh some patrols I've seen [Yes Cuppa You lol]

HuskyInAuz
21st January 2015, 11:19 PM
Dual batteries installed and fused, 30A charger, 1000 watt sine wave inverter installed, solar regulator installed and tested, changed cigarette lighter plug to Anderson for fridge..and ... prototyped and installed the new ally front, pictures, when I get unstuck from trying to go to meetup with road tyres.

Front platform needs to be modified, wiring is undersized to frig, that will have to be changed.

Still have to pack and installed 8 tie down hooks for solar panel, gazebo and step ladder.

I have been keeping tabs on weights, will do a tongue weight tomorrow. I see Kamar (sp?) has a rear bumper upgrade to 350kg.. Putting some water/diesel on the back will counter what going up front, I have about 80kgs to play with.