PDA

View Full Version : Beerburrum State Forest - Day Trip, Sunday 13th March - EOI

Bigrig
10th March 2011, 09:21 PM
Expression of Interest ladies and gentlemen. Anyone up for a day trip to Beerburrum State Forest on Saturday or Sunday?? Late notice, but Ryan and I got talking yesterday and thought it might be a goer. I believe Nick is up for it also, so if we can get 7 or 8 vehicles then I figure we give it a crack (it will have to be first in best dressed I'm afraid - tracks are too tight in places to have a convoy of 15 vehicles going through - sorry!). Some of the driving is very easy, some is more than extremely difficult, and whilst you can turn back at pretty much all times, there is no map guiding us around (we have a basic idea of some of the area, but it is extremely vast).

Soooooooo ... who's up for it??? What is your preference for day???

Beerburrum State Forest is located behind Woodford on the D'Aguilar Highway heading to Kilcoy - no permits required. Obviously being self sufficient with regards to recovery is always good, however, we will have snatch straps, shackles, jacks, compressors, etc on hand if required.

Bigrig
10th March 2011, 09:22 PM
Sorry the heading states Sunday - I'd prefer Saturday myself, but forgot to remove it from the heading!!! What a goose!!!

Dhuck
10th March 2011, 09:37 PM
well I am out of that one. I still have no spare and no money

Bigrig
10th March 2011, 09:49 PM
well I am out of that one. I still have no spare and no money

not the cheapest tyres to replace either. Sorry you can't make it mate.

hekarewe
10th March 2011, 10:14 PM
where is it and how long to get there and back an how hard do the tracks get??? saturday is out for me but i might be able to swing sunday

Bigrig
10th March 2011, 10:29 PM
where is it and how long to get there and back an how hard do the tracks get??? saturday is out for me but i might be able to swing sunday

About an hour and a half from where you are going north. Tracks go from easy through to extreme.

hekarewe
10th March 2011, 10:41 PM
About an hour and a half from where you are going north. Tracks go from easy through to extreme.

chicken tracks??? dont want to get to carried away with cape york around the corner,,,, what time and where would we be meeting

Bigrig
10th March 2011, 11:38 PM
chicken tracks??? dont want to get to carried away with cape york around the corner,,,, what time and where would we be meeting

I could meet you on the gateway at the service centre at Nudgee if it all comes to fruition ... Probably aim to get up there by around ten?

hekarewe
10th March 2011, 11:42 PM
ok well keep me in the loop and we shall see how we go

Bigrig
10th March 2011, 11:51 PM
ok well keep me in the loop and we shall see how we go

Too easy mate - PM me your mobile number - easier to text.

Airstrike
11th March 2011, 12:00 AM
I'm in trying to work out if I can do sat or sunday

Bigrig
11th March 2011, 09:19 AM
I'm in trying to work out if I can do sat or sunday

Bootiful - let me know. Is Andrew up for it also?

Bigrig
12th March 2011, 12:26 AM
Well, looks like we might postpone this one ... how about same plan for two weeks time (weekend of the 26th)?

hekarewe
12th March 2011, 04:13 AM
hmmmmm depends if i am working on the 26th,,,,,, sunday 27th LOL i have to attend driver training with the ipswich 4wd club ROFLMAO if yoou have been talking to the gnome you why im laughing

Bigrig
12th March 2011, 09:51 AM
hmmmmm depends if i am working on the 26th,,,,,, sunday 27th LOL i have to attend driver training with the ipswich 4wd club ROFLMAO if yoou have been talking to the gnome you why im laughing

27th would be fine - and yep, got the lowdown from him ... you should be able to 'assist' the training session then!!! LOL

Bigrig
19th March 2011, 02:15 PM
This bit of rain should make for an interesting time again next week!! Bring it on!!!! LOL

Dhuck
19th March 2011, 03:12 PM
getting jittery

Bigrig
19th March 2011, 03:14 PM
getting jittery

Just texting Ryan, and Andrew should be coming also - that's 5 vehicles so far.

Anyone else??

hekarewe
19th March 2011, 03:14 PM
remember tread lightly if its raining or muddy you cant use the track :P

Bigrig
19th March 2011, 03:17 PM
remember tread lightly if its raining or muddy you cant use the track :P

That rules out the whole place!!!

hekarewe
19th March 2011, 03:18 PM
That rules out the whole place!!!

Oh what a shame so i wont be missing out after all bbwwwwaaaahhhhaaaahhhaaa

Dhuck
19th March 2011, 03:20 PM
you need to watch the vid from our last trip

Bigrig
19th March 2011, 03:21 PM
Oh what a shame so i wont be missing out after all bbwwwwaaaahhhhaaaahhhaaa

Nahhhh ... we'll be right I reckon ... And yes, you'll be missing out!!!! LMFAO!!!

hekarewe
19th March 2011, 03:23 PM
Nahhhh ... we'll be right I reckon ... And yes, you'll be missing out!!!! LMFAO!!!

basterds!!!!

Bigrig
19th March 2011, 03:24 PM
basterds!!!!

Inglorious?? LOL

hekarewe
19th March 2011, 03:28 PM
Inglorious?? LOL

notoriuos would be more like it

Bigrig
19th March 2011, 03:36 PM
notoriuos would be more like it