PDA

View Full Version : exhaust upgrade and ecu remapping

hilly71
13th January 2015, 05:59 AM
hi guys can anyone point me in the right direction regarding exhaust upgrade and a ecu remap
who would be the best to contact and would warranty be voided if the ecu was remapped .i have a 2013 to y62, any help appreciated, the start of many mods to come
Hilly

TPC
13th January 2015, 10:18 AM
I would think the warranty would be void with these mods but I am not certain.
I am about to change to a 3 inch Genie exhaust but I am not getting a chip, mine is well out of warranty so I don't have to worry about that.

Several people on here have changed exhaust and chipped their Trolls, hopefully they might answer.

What state are you in?

threedogs
13th January 2015, 10:50 AM
Fromspeaking to ppl who fit chips and exhausts all the time ,
you will benefit most from doing both, On a Di 3ltr you go from
118KW to about 150 KW
But would imagine big gains on the Y62 as well
2TROLLFAM just had a re map and is more than impressed,
IMO chips are now on the way out and re-mapping is the way to go
but its not cheap from what I hear

megatexture
13th January 2015, 11:59 AM
If its under warranty you could get a plug and play chip it will take 10 mins to pull out for services and nissan will be none the wiser. I got a steignbauer and did that from day dot.

hilly71
13th January 2015, 05:36 PM
I would think the warranty would be void with these mods but I am not certain.
I am about to change to a 3 inch Genie exhaust but I am not getting a chip, mine is well out of warranty so I don't have to worry about that.

Several people on here have changed exhaust and chipped their Trolls, hopefully they might answer.

What state are you in?

yeah thanks for the info , I'm in nsw

hilly71
13th January 2015, 05:41 PM
thanks threedogs. I hear that remapping is the way to go but have also heard around$ 1600 plus on top of the exhaust starts
to get fairl expensive, lucky the handbrake doesn't read these pages!

hilly71
13th January 2015, 05:45 PM
If its under warranty you could get a plug and play chip it will take 10 mins to pull out for services and nissan will be none the wiser. I got a steignbauer and did that from day dot.

Thanks megatexture will have a look at that option

megatexture
13th January 2015, 06:32 PM
Unless you drive like a hoon most of these kind of modifications give you better economy, so given a good few years can pay for themselves lol

hilly71
13th January 2015, 08:46 PM
Unless you drive like a hoon most of these kind of modifications give you better economy, so given a good few years can pay for themselves lol

yeah that's what I want to achieve out of it but with the price of fuel going down so much
I'm allready saving about $50 per tank compared to $1.60 per litre it was a while back

preacher
13th January 2015, 11:51 PM
There's a crowd in WA that's just done a full exhaust only. Dyno'd before and after and has picked up 10% Shows dyno printout???

hilly71
14th January 2015, 12:54 AM
There's a crowd in WA that's just done a full exhaust only. Dyno'd before and after and has picked up 10% Shows dyno printout???

10 percent is bloody good just for the exhaust side of things do you know their name?. thanks I ll hunt around as well , nice rig preacher what front bar do you have ?
Hilly

chuky
19th February 2015, 01:00 PM
Just did mine. 2.5" from cats back to 3" straight through sports muffler. tail left stock. sounds awsome cost $550.

preacher
2nd March 2015, 08:53 PM
10 percent is bloody good just for the exhaust side of things do you know their name?. thanks I ll hunt around as well , nice rig preacher what front bar do you have ?
Hilly

Sorry been away

ARB Sahara without hoops

Patrol Y62
14th July 2015, 08:38 AM
Hi hilly71 :) if your still interested check out these guys https://www.facebook.com/infinitechtuningmackay
or join the Y62 Facebook page Aussie Patrol Y62 and search Y62 Infinitech. there is a post there that goes through your exact question and will give you answers. between $1100 $1300 will get you upto 315hp+ 750nm+ of torque at the wheels, with an engine and gearbox tune that is approved and used by Nissan. :) hope that helps and gets you exited ;)

Rock Trol
15th July 2015, 12:01 AM
Hi hilly71 :) if your still interested check out these guys https://www.facebook.com/infinitechtuningmackay
or join the Y62 Facebook page Aussie Patrol Y62 and search Y62 Infinitech. there is a post there that goes through your exact question and will give you answers. between $1100 $1300 will get you upto 315hp+ 750nm+ of torque at the wheels, with an engine and gearbox tune that is approved and used by Nissan. :) hope that helps and gets you exited ;)

Damn that's a lot!!! Pity us poor 3ltr diesel drivers and our measly power outputs. :(

kevin07
15th July 2015, 11:31 PM
yes the remap is hidden in the ecu and cannot be detected the exhaust thing barely will it change anything.