PDA

View Full Version : JPC Tuning videos

AB
7th January 2015, 08:42 PM
A friend who is on that Fullboost forum showed me these videos today from JPC, thought some of you may want a squizz...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrhtc9QsDAw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieVDfnUKN9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th1Pm3sT7Sc

mudski
7th January 2015, 10:41 PM
Just picked my car up from JPC today... Known this guy (Mark) for quite a few years now. Great bloke and he certainly knows his stuff. He'd be on top of my list for anyone who wants work done to their Patrol.

MEGOMONSTER
7th January 2015, 10:45 PM
That's not bad an effort but I get 120.0+plus kW's too

Ben-e-boy
8th January 2015, 06:58 AM
I wish they put torque figures up on the TD runs aswell

Hodge
8th January 2015, 07:13 AM
My car got fully tuned on that very dyno. I had a video but lost it on the phone. And as Mudski said, that bloke Mark knows his stuff.

Bloodyaussie
8th January 2015, 07:44 AM
I wish they put torque figures up on the TD runs aswell

I'll ask if they can do it today. ..

threedogs
8th January 2015, 09:05 AM
Just picked my car up from JPC today... Known this guy (Mark) for quite a few years now. Great bloke and he certainly knows his stuff. He'd be on top of my list for anyone who wants work done to their Patrol.

did you get it dynoed ??

Bacho86
8th January 2015, 09:10 AM
How much would a dyno and tune cost ball park figure ? And is there much reason to get this done before any modifications on the CRD i.e.exhaust chip etc

threedogs
8th January 2015, 09:36 AM
I think $150 not 100% but there are two mobs north of Melb One is better then the other
do all your mods then get it Dynoed then you'll get the best out of your mods

Bloodyaussie
8th January 2015, 09:39 AM
Jpc charge $120 to put your car on there dyno and run it to know what your car is doing.... if you want work done then that all depends??

On my TD42 they have charged me $330 to run the car on the dyno and tune it..... from being an NA then bolting on a turbo and intercooler it was flat out getting 68 kws then after the tune was sitting at 88 kws.

Hodge
8th January 2015, 09:47 AM
How much would a dyno and tune cost ball park figure ? And is there much reason to get this done before any modifications on the CRD i.e.exhaust chip etc
I don't think you can really tune a CRD much by default, at least to my knowledge. I know Mark from JPC spoke to me about tuning the MAF. Something about a diode and voltage tinkering to better "tune" air/fuel ratios... I don't know what purpose though, I can't remember.

My chip was tuned to my car with exhaust from scratch. Brand is Unichip. Heres the dyno results below before and after. I also got them to fit up a wastegate to the turbo and tune it to that. He got much more out of it, but backed it off a little. The car was a completely different beast afterwards.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53615&stc=1

Bacho86
8th January 2015, 09:52 AM
I think $150 not 100% but there are two mobs north of Melb One is better then the other
do all your mods then get it Dynoed then you'll get the best out of your mods

Do you recall which place is better john? My dad took his LC105 to Turboengineering in Thomastown awhile ago and wasn't overly impressed.... They tried to turn a simple dyno and tune booking into a $3000 upgrade job

threedogs
8th January 2015, 09:55 AM
that was the bad one, seems he doesnt want business does that sound right grumpy kind of guy?

Bloodyaussie
8th January 2015, 10:06 AM
Turbo engineering are a bunch of pricks and have not heard one good thing about them....

Bacho86
8th January 2015, 10:34 AM
I don't think you can really tune a CRD much by default, at least to my knowledge. I know Mark from JPC spoke to me about tuning the MAF. Something about a diode and voltage tinkering to better "tune" air/fuel ratios... I don't know what purpose though, I can't remember.

My chip was tuned to my car with exhaust from scratch. Brand is Unichip. Heres the dyno results below before and after. I also got them to fit up a wastegate to the turbo and tune it to that. He got much more out of it, but backed it off a little. The car was a completely different beast afterwards.

Wow that's a massive increase,much better to drive as well i cld imagine! Do you mind if I askhow much that set up cost you? I have heard really good things about the unichips compared to other brands

Hodge
8th January 2015, 10:34 AM
Do you recall which place is better john? My dad took his LC105 to Turboengineering in Thomastown awhile ago and wasn't overly impressed.... They tried to turn a simple dyno and tune booking into a $3000 upgrade job

Ignore that place like the plague mate.
When I got my patrol, and didn't know any better, I took it there to diagnose a "whining noise". I just went there because they are around the corner from me. The lady up the front, instantly began throwing numbers at me for turbo replacement nearing $3k... This is without even consulting their mechanics, or even listening to my car... Needless to say, I walked out thankfully.
I'm yet to hear a positive thing about that joint. Mudskis neighbor is another awesome example, they shafted him big time fixing his D40 navara replacing fuel innjectionr parts and it ended up being a simple sensor from memory.
JPC is down the road from them, and can have my $ any day.

Hodge
8th January 2015, 10:37 AM
Wow that's a massive increase,much better to drive as well i cld imagine! Do you mind if I askhow much that set up cost you? I have heard really good things about the unichips compared to other brands

The blank chip, fitted and fully tuned to the car on the dyno was about $1800 from memory. That included 3-4 hours of Dyno as well. This isn't bad considering some off the shelf generic tuned chips are $1500-ish.
It definitely gave the car more down low grunt.

Bloodyaussie
8th January 2015, 10:37 AM
They quoted a mate up the street here Upwards of $6000 to rebuild an engine for an over heating issue.... new thermostat and a radiator flush and the car has not missed a beat.

Bacho86
8th January 2015, 10:38 AM
that was the bad one, seems he doesnt want business does that sound right grumpy kind of guy?

Turbo engineering are a bunch of pricks and have not heard one good thing about them....

Yep sounds about right on both accounts...I think the only reason why he went there was because of advertising in 4wd action mag and not knowing any others

Hodge
8th January 2015, 10:41 AM
only reason why he went there was because of advertising in 4wd action mag and not knowing any others

Another reason why I visited them first!!! Bad move...

Bacho86
8th January 2015, 10:41 AM
They quoted a mate up the street here Upwards of $6000 to rebuild an engine for an over heating issue.... new thermostat and a radiator flush and the car has not missed a beat.

Definitely sounds like a place to avoid!!

mudski
8th January 2015, 02:41 PM
did you get it dynoed ??

What for? I dont need a piece of paper to tell me how slow my car is. Lol.

mudski
8th January 2015, 02:42 PM

Amen to that.

Bloodyaussie
8th January 2015, 05:33 PM
Happy days.... gone from 88kw to 100kw with the new engine... nothing needed to be changed but have been told by JPC to get rid of ebay radiator hoses and to put on a 16pound cap plus ditch the alloy radiator and buy a decent 2 core heavy duty Copper/Brass one.

Rossco
8th January 2015, 06:52 PM
Yeah sweet that's a pretty good result. Hopefully get the overheating issues sorted before Krissos trip. Only been JPC once but were very happy with the service and $$$. . . . Happy Dayz.

jay see
8th January 2015, 06:54 PM

If this the one I'm thinking of. On settlement rd near the Quiks servo, I'll been there once, only once.

Winnie
8th January 2015, 07:06 PM
Happy days.... gone from 88kw to 100kw with the new engine... nothing needed to be changed but have been told by JPC to get rid of ebay radiator hoses and to put on a 16pound cap plus ditch the alloy radiator and buy a decent 2 core heavy duty Copper/Brass one.

Awesome result!

Alitis007
8th January 2015, 07:19 PM

And what did I say???

AB
8th January 2015, 07:26 PM

Good results mate, torque?

Post up the sheet big fella...

mudski
8th January 2015, 11:20 PM

What actual brand of hoses are they though. If they are Gates or even Dayco, there will be nothing wrong with them. Sold Gates product for 18years, repped for them for two years. I would even say their quality of product is the same as OEM for 90% of their range.

threedogs
9th January 2015, 08:22 AM
Never had a problem with Gates hoses ever.
must have some good torque figures I reckon too

Baby Daddy
17th January 2017, 11:49 AM
So happy to see on here that JPC has earned a very decent reputation in the performance car and 4wd industry. They may not be the cheapest work shop out there but i can vouch first handedly you always get what you pay for there. I can count the amount of times Mark and his staff have openely helped me out with the odd glitch or two on my vehicle and have never even asked me for a dollar for it. Mark has definitely earned his great reputation in the industry due to his extensive knowledge and helpful character in both performance and 4wd sectors.
I met Mark originally through a mate of mine and the redt is history. I currently own marks very own GU Patrol wagon that is twin locked auto with 4.6 diff gears.
We are currently in the process of installing a BF Xr6 turbo engine and we are looking for a comfortable 300rwkw.

Now that i have found this thread i will be sure to post a video of my vehicle on here when it is on there dyno.
Kind Regards
Georgie

Hodge
17th January 2017, 01:09 PM
So happy to see on here that JPC has earned a very decent reputation in the performance car and 4wd industry. They may not be the cheapest work shop out there but i can vouch first handedly you always get what you pay for there. I can count the amount of times Mark and his staff have openely helped me out with the odd glitch or two on my vehicle and have never even asked me for a dollar for it. Mark has definitely earned his great reputation in the industry due to his extensive knowledge and helpful character in both performance and 4wd sectors.
I met Mark originally through a mate of mine and the redt is history. I currently own marks very own GU Patrol wagon that is twin locked auto with 4.6 diff gears.
We are currently in the process of installing a BF Xr6 turbo engine and we are looking for a comfortable 300rwkw.

Now that i have found this thread i will be sure to post a video of my vehicle on here when it is on there dyno.
Kind Regards
Georgie
They are good. Get no frills advice and work there every time.. my car is almost part of the furniture in there lol. Most of the day yesterday included ...

Sent from S5

Baby Daddy
17th January 2017, 09:19 PM
I reckon i may have probably seen your rig there as i frequently pop past the work shop and say gday during my travels,
Perhaos we should organise a catch up mate, always up for a good wheeling sesh mate!