PDA

View Full Version : GU seats in a GQ? Can it be done?

NFG4X4
9th March 2011, 03:31 PM
Hi guys just been offered some gu st seats and im wondering if anyone knows will the justbolt straight in, thats the two fronts and rear split seats! Any info would be great guys cheers!

Bob
9th March 2011, 03:59 PM
I do not know if they will fit but someone will let you know.

If you cannot fit them I might be interested as the seats in my GU are not the greatest.
Let me know by PM if you do not want them and if they are still available

GUte
9th March 2011, 08:32 PM
Im pretty sure they wont.

Tyr some VT.VX,VY,VZ commodore seats

exile
10th March 2011, 12:52 PM
it can be with modifications. brackets need to be made

MudRunnerTD
10th March 2011, 12:59 PM
hey mate,

I doubt it to be honest. the GU is a MUCH bigger car inside than the GQ. You might get the fronts in but the back will be no chance. Got to ask why your mate is getting rid of them too mate? bet he "upgraded"

If your keen to swap out your seats in the front of the GQ then putting GU seats in would not be my first choice. Chase up some VY or VZ fronts and they just about bolt straight in mate.

AB
10th March 2011, 01:00 PM
hey mate,

I doubt it to be honest. the GU is a MUCH bigger car inside than the GQ. You might get the fronts in but the back will be no chance. Got to ask why your mate is getting rid of them too mate? bet he "upgraded"

If your keen to swap out your seats in the front of the GQ then putting GU seats in would not be my first choice. Chase up some VY or VZ fronts and they just about bolt straight in mate.

Do VY and VZ's bolt straight in MR???

I thought you had to do some honing of the holes a bit???

Bigrig
10th March 2011, 01:03 PM

VY etc fit in with a 20mm square tube to lift the outside of the seat level, but sit against the pillar in a GQ - they might fit well in a GU due to the extra space??

MudRunnerTD
12th March 2011, 04:15 AM

They are not a straight bolt up but very very close as Bigrig stated below.

VY etc fit in with a 20mm square tube to lift the outside of the seat level, but sit against the pillar in a GQ - they might fit well in a GU due to the extra space??

There is a HEAP of INFO on fitting the up though and there a a couple of pitfalls with a couple of slightly different seats out of these models but most of it is explained in the many many pages in the link below.

[QUOTE=GUte;49536]Im pretty sure they wont.

I know that that is a link to another forum but this mod has been truly comprehensively covered there ^^^

It is on my list of things to do!!

growler2058
14th March 2011, 09:37 AM
All i did with commonhore vx seats was swap the tracks over ie put the troll track on the commy seat nothin else no drilling no spacers. They do sit close to the door and can grab seat belt against the winder. They sit straight though no other issues

Caspar
24th March 2011, 02:23 AM
Anyone know any good Auto Trim places in Sydney?