PDA

View Full Version : New BFG Muddies

Rossco
2nd July 2010, 09:48 PM
I've been a devoted fan BFG mud terrain for years now and find that they are an awsome all rounder. I am still running the old pattern but wondering what peoples experience is with the new pattern. They seem to have got pretty good reviews but it's always good to hear form other peoples experience, as I will have to update one day.

Cheers, Rossco

Minx
5th July 2010, 11:59 AM
Ive only used the old pattern too Rossco so I can't help you with the new one.

Anyone else?????

patch697
5th July 2010, 01:06 PM
I think Marks just brought some new BFG's so Mark enlighten us if yours are the new pattern BFG M/T or not.

Cheers
Paul

Mark
5th July 2010, 01:25 PM
Hi Paul, no they are still the old pattern though.

I bought them off ebay for $200 each with 70% tread but they are not the new pattern.

For what its worth, 10 times better driving then Coopers IMHO.

patch697
5th July 2010, 03:13 PM
Hi Paul, no they are still the old pattern though.

I bought them off ebay for $200 each with 70% tread but they are not the new pattern.

For what its worth, 10 times better driving then Coopers IMHO.

Yeah I didn't think you were going to be unhappy with them. Like I said you can't go far wrong with BFG's there tried & prooved. & one of the few tyres still made in the States I believe.

Cheers

Paul

WANO
21st July 2010, 08:25 PM
Hi guys I'm new to this forum and was just flicking thru and noticed this thread. I have a set of BFG KM2 mud terrains which I purchaced last Oct. I have had them thru mud, sand, rock water and eveything inbetween and thereis not a mark on them. I would not hesitate to recomend them to anyone, they are brilliant, a real allrounder. 4WD Action did a comparo on mud terrains a few months back and they came out on top as well.

Mark
21st July 2010, 08:34 PM
Spot on Wayno, i'm loving my new BF's. I know this is a big call but im finding their "on road" performance ten times better than Coopers too. Not sure whether its the wider tread but its all round perfect!!!!!

WANO
21st July 2010, 08:45 PM
Yeh Mark, Got a mate that has just returned from a trip up the Kimberleys and purchased a set of Cooper SSTs for the trip, came back with 2 Coopers and 3 Wranglers. Said he would not buy Coopers again. He came and had look at my BFGs and could not beleive there were no cuts or missing lugs on them, he is up for some BFGs now.

heyhey_guess_who
21st July 2010, 10:16 PM
I love my new BFGoordrich Muddies! They are great on and off road the only problem is that they are a softer compound than the older ones, so they wear out a bit faster. I will be bying another set as they are the better than MTZs.

Timbo
24th July 2010, 09:20 AM
Now that I have ATR's for road use, my Baja's (which I love) won't be getting worn out as fast (probably 60% left) but I'll definitely buy some BFG muddies next time. They just seem to be one of the most, if not THE most, iconic mud tyre for 4wd's.. and you very rarely hear bad things about them from people.

This is also why they are expensive. :D

tariadamar
27th October 2010, 08:41 PM
yeah i have been running the new tread pattern for about a year now i just missed out with getting the last of the old tread pattern and had to wait like a month for my tires. i love them i have driven to cooktown from sydney and back via some very wet inland dirt roads. when the mud goes for 2k's is it still a mud hole. any way i loved them they go great onroad and off and my previouse set was the old tread pattern and u can really notic the benefits. only down side i found was sand so far but that will still need a little more investagating but they seem to just sink into the sand tomuch.

mike
30th October 2010, 03:27 PM
Im also running the new pattern &very happy so far

Cheers Mike

NissanGQ4.2
30th October 2010, 05:14 PM
just found this on ebay if anyone is interested

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/4-x-BFG-Mud-Terrain-tyres-255-85R16-cooper-goodyear-/300484936021?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45f64c4155

Red/Black GQ Patrol
30th November 2010, 04:27 PM
I'm new tot he forum and was wondering how much the BFG Muddies costs because I want to get some for my GQ because they look awesome and the great for 4wdriving

big_fletch
30th November 2010, 05:26 PM
I have just got a set of these and i am wrapped with them so far.. I just bought 285/75 16 (or 33") for about $320 a tyre over here in shepparton.
Probably best to get some quotes off the local tyre guys in your area as different states and towns differ in price

perthburts
1st December 2010, 03:30 AM
how noisy are they on the tar?

sweet_gq
1st December 2010, 07:41 AM
I ran KM2's to the Cape this year - very very happy. Out of 6 cars, 3 had BF Muddies - 2 x KM2 and 1 x Old pattern. The others were tourers with A/T's. During the 4 weeks - 3 of us had to get recovered at various stages - guess which 3.

Would not go back to A/T's!. I went from Dick Cepeks to KM2's and didn't notice much difference in noise or ride. The KM2's are as good as the Cepeks in the wet as well. Don't think i will get 100k out of them but don't care - even if I get 50k - its a good 50k...

B

ilikedonuts_10
10th December 2010, 06:59 PM
Do you have much trouble with Road noise?

HILLBILLY BOY
2nd February 2011, 09:03 PM
I have a mate who runs the new BF muddy tires and they started to wear real quick until about 75% now they aren't too bad, he did rip out a sidewall on a trip (the only person for the trip) I saw some in action in real sticky thick mud and seemed to get stuck easier then those who had trepadors.

da' maverick
27th February 2011, 09:06 AM
There's no doubt that the new bfg is a top tyre, one of the most popular brands in the bush.
they have good road manners and good off-road traction.
in may 2010 i replaced 22 sets including spares on dse and parks victoria vehicles. most had minimal trad left. the blokes that drove it like they stole is averaged around 10,000- 14,000kms. the blokes that drove it like they got payed by the hour got 20 ish.
these were all patrol utes, in summer they had close to a ton of weight on the back for fire fighting, and ran 38psi (for the weight).
they were all very impressed with their performance and millage did not matter as out of 110 tyres i only found 3 that had been punctured.
not bad for work trucks.
you would expect you own would do triple the miles.
cheers