PDA

View Full Version : Auto oil

kevin07
31st December 2014, 11:15 AM
just asking my gu has clear or slightly yellow auto oil im going to put penrite semi synth in just any thoughts please

Sherro
31st December 2014, 12:21 PM
Needs changing the nissan matic d wasn't a bright red like most auto oils more a browny red, doesn't sound like you've got any water in there just needs a service just make sure the oil is compatible with the trans. It's been 10 years since i've played with any auto's and oils have come a long way.

SG1
31st December 2014, 12:31 PM
Went the Penrite path in the auto recently, first used semi-synthetic and was good for a bit then noticed I was getting some slippage on trans when releasing and then reapplying throttle but not all the time tho not to bad also gear change was a bit harsher, so decided to do it properly and took pan of and replaced strainer/filter and cleaned around magnet with new gasket, all looked good, replaced with Penrite Synthetic this time and slippage is gone and gear changes more smoother, was on special at repco and is not much dearer than semi synthetic anyway.

jff45
31st December 2014, 12:55 PM
If you're moving to a different type of oil i.e. synthetic or even semi, best advice is to flush the lot. I bought a 20 lt drum of Nulon synthetic for $194 at Bursons.

kevin07
31st December 2014, 05:34 PM
Needs changing the nissan matic d wasn't a bright red like most auto oils more a browny red, doesn't sound like you've got any water in there just needs a service just make sure the oil is compatible with the trans. It's been 10 years since i've played with any auto's and oils have come a long way.

thanks sherro the penrite specifically states nissan matic d yes and a service is overdue

kevin07
31st December 2014, 05:37 PM
Went the Penrite path in the auto recently, first used semi-synthetic and was good for a bit then noticed I was getting some slippage on trans when releasing and then reapplying throttle but not all the time tho not to bad also gear change was a bit harsher, so decided to do it properly and took pan of and replaced strainer/filter and cleaned around magnet with new gasket, all looked good, replaced with Penrite Synthetic this time and slippage is gone and gear changes more smoother, was on special at repco and is not much dearer than semi synthetic anyway.

thanks i will be changing the filter. i would go the full synth except i dont want to mix ill leave that one till i can get to wholesale automatics thanks. kev