PDA

View Full Version : Expressions of interest for The National Meet-Up at Coffs-Harbour in 2016

PMC
27th December 2014, 09:07 AM
G'day Trendsetters!

An alternative to Cape York in 2016 is Coffs Harbour.

If folks are on a budget and fuel costs are a serious issue, then I suggest Coffs Harbour would be more preferable for most folks. I am prepared to organise this trip for you all if you are interested in the idea.

We have some of the best 4x4 tracks in the country, fantastic camp ground facilities, whether, beach, river or bush. Or local caravan parks situated next to beach walking distance to shops, coffee shops, supermarkets, Doctor’s, etc,etc.

Coffs Harbour has it all, great fishing, golf, surfing, swimming and all the local attractions that Coffs is famous for. I will also call on my mate Kev Smith to help plan our day trips for our group. Kev has written a book on the area see photos below.

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u434/RLI1/Turbo%20photos/IMG_1651.jpg (http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/RLI1/media/Turbo%20photos/IMG_1651.jpg.html)

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u434/RLI1/Turbo%20photos/IMG_1652.jpg (http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/RLI1/media/Turbo%20photos/IMG_1652.jpg.html)

PS, over the weeks and months to come, i will post up various ideas, opinions, options and various travel plans. If you are all interested!

Regards,

PMC

4bye4
27th December 2014, 11:04 AM
To me this looks like a great idea. It seems that there would be something for all members from hard core off road to social members who would just like to sit around the camp site. Cape York for me is a bit far and a bit hard. It may also be a bit daunting for members that are primarily caravan touring. Just my opinion.

Ben-e-boy
27th December 2014, 11:28 AM
Why does it have to be 2016, why not October/November 2015?

Stropp
27th December 2014, 11:56 AM
For me either will be ok depending on getting time off, either way I Woolf need 4 to five weeks off so depending on work unfortunately

macca
27th December 2014, 12:33 PM
Hope to get up there sooner than that LOL

Agronaught
27th December 2014, 05:18 PM
I'm interested.

I would do it this year if possible.

4bye4
27th December 2014, 05:22 PM
I'm interested.

I would do it this year if possible.

Will have to be bloody quick!

the evil twin
27th December 2014, 05:48 PM
Good venue and I'd be up for it for sure... but... in fairness to Punderhead and him already stepping up for 2016 if Coofs Region was to be done as a "National Meetup" I would hold it in 2015 or 2017.

BigRAWesty
27th December 2014, 05:59 PM
Good venue and I'd be up for it for sure... but... in fairness to Punderhead and him already stepping up for 2016 if Coofs Region was to be done as a "National Meetup" I would hold it in 2015 or 2017.

Don't seem that it matters mate.
Darren had his Beachport trip in and the they threw an Australian day meet up in the same month....

Bloodyaussie
27th December 2014, 06:04 PM
Darren had his Beachport trip in and the they threw an Australian day meet up in the same month....

The Australia day meet is an annual meet mate.... did you not get the memo?

the evil twin
27th December 2014, 06:19 PM

Yeah, I hear ya mate.
I'm trying to choose my words very carefully as I absolutely do not want to dis PMC or anyone else.
The last thing that needs to happen is for Punderhead or PMC (or anyone else for that matter) to be given any disincentive about organising a run.

I just feel that the tag of "National Meetup" needs to be used appropriately IE a particular trip needs to be 'THE' National Meetup.

I was simply thinking back to a few threads and many opinions expressed about National Meetups and what they should mean that were posted a while back.

macca86
27th December 2014, 08:22 PM
I'm keen on a coffs national meet up for 2015 as none are planned.

Winnie
27th December 2014, 08:28 PM

Mate the Australia day trip is becoming a forum tradition... This will be our third year.

Chubba
27th December 2014, 10:43 PM
That sounds great, I would be keen on Coffs Oct-Nov 2015

lucus30
28th December 2014, 07:14 AM
Still a fair drive but only an extra 500km or so to Fraser Island so might be able to justify an extended stay via fraser ha ha

apalsson
28th December 2014, 12:44 PM
I should be able to make it if I start saving up for the diesel for the trip straight away :)

Punderhead
28th December 2014, 06:44 PM
Hey everyone.

I'm more than happy to have a forum meet at Coffs Harbour. However as has been suggested I would love to have it at a different time to the cape.

RLI you raise valid points regarding fuel costs etc. I was initially planning to suggest 2015 for the cape run, but decided that it didn't leave enough time for myself (and I presume others) to save the necessary coin required. Hence why I suggested 2016.

Of course nothing is set in concrete yet, so I'll leave it up to the forum to decide what they want to do, because in all honesty I want to meet as many of you blokes as possible.

Also to consider is a meet in wa or similar sometime. I'd love to do all four extremities (north, south, East, west) in future meet ups.

I'm happy to go with the flow, however with time off work, and spare cash to make these sort of trips hard to come by, I personally reckon we are better off to have our smaller meets whenever we can, and plan just one big meet for as many as possible every year or two.

Cheers
Luke

Punderhead
28th December 2014, 06:59 PM
On second thoughts can we trust a guide with an 80 series on the cover?

Sherro
28th December 2014, 07:42 PM
I'm keen coffs Oct-Nov 15

PMC
31st December 2014, 07:38 PM
G'day folks,

Firstly, my apologies to Luke, I must have had my beer goggles on mate, I thought your trip was for 2015, I then read your thread again and realised it was for 2016.

The only reason I threw up the Coffs Harbour scenario for 2016 as previously stated was I thought Luke’s Cape York trip was for 2015 and also due to my daughters swimming commitments for 2015.

Unfortunately, due to my heavy work-load and my daughters swimming commitments in 2015, I will not be able to help organise the Coffs Harbour trip for a possible 2015 time frame.

Once again my apologies for stuffing-up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Paul