PDA

View Full Version : In CAR Double Din gps with hema maps and reversing camera

tonym9643
21st December 2014, 05:30 PM
Hi all. Im looking at minimising the crap on my dashboard.
All I want is a double din gps and have hema maps loaded up and capacity to have reversing camera and RADIO.

Has anyone got this installed in their GU Patrol.

would love some advice as to what unit to buy.

Thanks

threedogs
21st December 2014, 05:35 PM
Check the mob Eonon on ebay they do a good DD unit
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Android-4-2-2-Double-DIN-Car-DVD-Player-GPS-E0-Wifi-1080p-BT-Touch-Radio-MP3-/201199300773?pt=Car_Audio_In_Dash_Receivers&hash=item2ed869b0a5

macca
21st December 2014, 06:10 PM
How easy / hard is it to add hema mapping to these units? I am useless at making bits talk to bytes.

tonym9643
21st December 2014, 06:31 PM
I hear what your saying.

The next thing is Digital Tv, with radio , am/fm . gps and reversing camera. oh and not too mention UHF two way radio all in the one unit. NOW THATS WHAT I WANT. cant wait for someone to make this combined unit. Only thing will be is how to upgrade the software of hema maps.

tonym9643
21st December 2014, 06:32 PM
sorry as to download maps . should be simple procedure.

Barrakooda
21st December 2014, 08:47 PM
Tony

I have a Dig Options unit that came fitted to my 2005 GU IV this unit here http://www.digoptions.com/Nissan_General_Integrated_System_p/avnp-ni.htm

It also has the TV function added & reverse camera.

TV function never gets used as you cannot view it while driving (for obvious reasons) & its hooked up to the park brake. There are better things to look at when you are stopped than the TV anyway.

I like the reverse camera.

The major gripe i have with the unit is that its is very difficult to see the screen which is affected by both the sun position coming into the car & also the location of the unit in my model GU, sometimes i have to bend down to look at the screen, generally i will have to do this at stoplights as i mainly have used it for street navigation so far. If out bush i would have to stop. Just doesn't "feel" safe to me.

I find that when i switch functions on the unit any music that is playing either radio or cd get lowered in volume until the function i have selected loads up, which is distracting.

I do not have the 4wd maps loaded but believe they are Ozi Explorer ones.

I am currently looking at purchasing a Hema HN7 for turn by turn navigation & 4wd mapping, purely because of the position of the unit in the car & the difficulty in easily seeing the screen.

Hope that helps.

LaughingBeagles
1st April 2015, 11:24 AM
Great thread. This is probably the thing uppermost on my mind at the moment - which unit to get. With all the Chinese brands out there and the wildly varying reviews, it's a bloody hard decision to make.

I am leaning towards dig option Platinum Series (see http://www.digoptions.com/Nissan_General_Integrated_System_p/avnp-ni.htm) and combine that with a Samsung Tab solution as mentioned here: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?25079-Aldi-10-quot-Tablet-for-Navigation-and-Comms.

I love the idea of a reverse Camera (esp as seeing straight out the back of Patrols can be a problem) with the tragic accidents of young kids being reversed over, I almost think it's mandatory.

Would welcome other people's views - it's a nightmare to navigate through! (Boom tish!)

threedogs
1st April 2015, 03:45 PM
sorry as to download maps . should be simple procedure.

I have a do all head unit I also want to change maps for the navi side of things.
Cant get the tv to work in the new one yet but working on it

Bigcol
1st April 2015, 10:01 PM
I run the Polaris for reversing etc
just brought a second hand Polaris in dash 2 din GPS/Rev camera / DVD / CD / VCD / MP3/ radio / dishwasher
oh, hang on, no dish washer, sorry about that

but it has all the bells and whistles
runs Hema7 as well as Camps6 and other crap

just depend on what you actually want to use it for........... depends on how much you want to spend

LaughingBeagles
1st April 2015, 11:58 PM
Just went through the Polaris website and found it less than helpful in terms of spelling out which unit would fit a patrol. Do you have a model I could google bigcol?

Bigcol
2nd April 2015, 07:59 AM
they only do 2 double din units with the lot
1 for cruiser
1 for Patrol - Universal In Dash GPS Model# PID 1624

LaughingBeagles
2nd April 2015, 09:41 AM
Thanks mate.

Nightjar
2nd April 2015, 09:51 AM
Have a Polaris NG7700 fitted to my ute, it is several years old so there is probably a new model. I had OziExplorerCe installed on the micro SD for off road navigating (moving map etc)
Contact Nicole @ Polaris, very helpful with problems I had recently, she managed to help me sort it out without having to return unit. nicole@poron.com.au

LaughingBeagles
2nd April 2015, 08:35 PM
Great info NJ, thanks.

Badball
2nd April 2015, 09:24 PM
I have a VMS in dash system and so far it's been great. Has both on and off road maps and reverse camera. Pretty much a plug n play unit just needing to find the reverse wire to connect for the reverse trigger.

LaughingBeagles
3rd April 2015, 12:10 AM
Thanks BB. Similar issue here too.

Bigcol
3rd April 2015, 02:56 AM
I run my cameras - back of car and on my Van constantly
just turn them on when I want to see whats behind me

I didnt bother with running it through the reverse wires

LaughingBeagles
3rd April 2015, 07:03 AM
Not a bad idea, but if I can work it out then...

threedogs
3rd April 2015, 01:39 PM
I run the Polaris for reversing etc
just brought a second hand Polaris in dash 2 din GPS/Rev camera / DVD / CD / VCD / MP3/ radio / dishwasher
oh, hang on, no dish washer, sorry about that

but it has all the bells and whistles
runs Hema7 as well as Camps6 and other crap

just depend on what you actually want to use it for........... depends on how much you want to spend

I crossed off the dishwasher in favour of the front loader, nah
I put my IGo sd card in,,, all I need to do I think is press each item to download it into the system.
but I use my Hema touring if I need to go some where new, maybe I can plug that into the head unit via
a USB cable

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Crazy-Promo-2DIN-Car-DVD-Player-GPS-Bluetooth-Touch-Screen-Audio-Stereo-SD-USB-/231277203027?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item35d9320e53