PDA

View Full Version : Swivel hub seals

fairlanebilll
7th March 2011, 09:06 PM
I'm Bill yes i did sign up Ive been reading and there is some great thing from every one. Well i bought some Terrain Tamer swivel hub kits and i put them in with new CV because i went to Esperance in WA last year well Ive done a lot of mechanics but not on 4Bes its a GQ patrol i mirrored it all and it seems good. Well my future son in law did his on the weekend and his went in like this .
On the inside of the swivel there is your two plates with 4 bolts on each.
Then the rubbers and then the steel retainer is that right.

Then it got me thinking so i pulled the plates of mine and it was the two plates and then the steel retainer and then the rubbers and not one speck of water and Ive done a lot of water crossing. Its not about who's right its about whats the right way thank if you can help.
Yes i did syn up to get the copy of the Factory manual but I'm wrong there's more to this site than that thanks

YNOT
7th March 2011, 09:15 PM
Starting from the centre and working out towards the wheel you should have the 2 guard plates (4 bolts in each), the scraper, the grease seal, then the support ring. Your S.I.L. got it right.

Tony

Finly Owner
7th March 2011, 09:15 PM
Thanks Bill, for your honesty and I can't help with swivel hubs as I haven't done any yet.

Tim

fairlanebilll
7th March 2011, 09:38 PM
Thanks Tony dont tell the futur S.I.L i better fix it Ha Ha Ha

fairlanebilll
7th March 2011, 09:40 PM
Thanks Bill, for your honesty and I can't help with swivel hubs as I haven't done any yet.

TimThanks thats okay dont do what i did