PDA

View Full Version : replacing central locking

4wdnut2012
13th December 2014, 09:27 PM
Hi everyone tomorrow im going to replace my central locking in my 92 gq. I was wondering which way the standard locks unlocks from the positive or negative. I am going to put some aftermarket locking system in (cyclops).
I was also wondering if I could just keep all the factor wires and just replace the motors themselves.

Thanks for all your assistance.

BigRAWesty
14th December 2014, 10:47 AM
Unsure mate. Might just have to test it.

But I went a complete stand alone system with keyless entry and added a second master to passengers door. Placed the 4th kit actuator in the rear door..

4wdnut2012
14th December 2014, 10:52 AM
Thanks I will have a look and see if it will work.

The aftermarket one I have is a complete kit and I got an extra one for the rear door.

I will be starting it shortly and I will let you all know how it goes

4wdnut2012
14th December 2014, 11:38 AM
Sorry got the make of the aftermarket kit wrong its a trackpro

I have started and now im stuck I having troubles working out where to mount and install the new units. I am unable to resue the factory wires as the new unit has 5 wire for the front units.

Can anyone help me please

BigRAWesty
14th December 2014, 01:18 PM
It is. Should have remembered that.
I'll try find my diagrams but I'm pretty sure the the 2 wires coloured the same as the other (green and brown from memory) will activate the unit. The other 3 and for the auto setup.
Now the patrol uses 3 so I'm unsure how that works but I'll assume the master sends a signal back to controller unit.
Like I said I just installed stand alone so from here on in I'm blind.
I mounted mine in place of original actuators and ran rods in place solid fixed. I did not use the clamp crop they supply. I'll see if I can find some pics

4wdnut2012
14th December 2014, 04:54 PM
The wires on the aftermarket are blue and green. I ill put a couple of photos up

4wdnut2012
14th December 2014, 05:06 PM

4wdnut2012
14th December 2014, 05:12 PM
The fist photo is the master unit, there is 2 of them. The wire colours are green, blue, white, brown and black.
The second photo is the other doors I have 3 of these. The wire colour are blue and greeen.

BigRAWesty
14th December 2014, 05:23 PM
Exactly the same as mine. So your blue and green are what throw the until in and out.
The other 3 are signal wires. Tbh I don't think it can be done. For some reason the new units need the 3 signal wires. The originals only need one.

4wdnut2012
14th December 2014, 05:45 PM
So the front 2 doors have 3 factory wires and all the bach doors have 2 wires then.

The back door (boot) only has the 2 wires going to it.

BigRAWesty
14th December 2014, 08:49 PM
So the front 2 doors have 3 factory wires and all the bach doors have 2 wires then.

The back door (boot) only has the 2 wires going to it.

No. Only the drivers has 3.
The others all use the same actuators

4wdnut2012
15th December 2014, 07:11 PM
Thanks when I get another chance I am going to rewire the whole thing. I hope by doing this I will have no further issues.

Patrol'n
7th January 2015, 12:41 AM
Did you get the job finished yet mate?

I'm looking at mine now, since my passenger door is getting sticky and I don't have central locking on the 2 rear passenger doors at all...