PDA

View Full Version : POLL. Cape York 2016 Forum Meetup

Punderhead
9th December 2014, 06:09 PM
Hi all. Just wanting to get a firmer idea of who would be interested in the 2016 forum meetup being Cape York for 2016.

I'm sure we all know how to do a poll by now so same old jazz as per usual hahaha. I'm thinking the meet point should be bramwell station, and then we do the old tele track together.

Keen to have your input. I'll probably leave this poll to run until the end of January, and then set the date.

Cheers

AB
9th December 2014, 06:13 PM
All I can say I am interested at this stage.

Very keen but just have to see where I'm situated with work and finance.

Punderhead
9th December 2014, 06:33 PM
How do I edit polls? I wanted to put in options for interested but not definite but I pressed the wrong button

Cheers

the evil twin
9th December 2014, 06:35 PM
Yeah, spose I can hold off till '16 so voted as a deffo at this stage.

I think Bramwell has a big Bush Picnic thrash around late June/early July... just sayin'...

AB
9th December 2014, 06:39 PM
How do I edit polls? I wanted to put in options for interested but not definite but I pressed the wrong button

Cheers

I'm not home until later tonight but ill fix it for you mate.

Edit: all fixed...

Punderhead
9th December 2014, 07:30 PM
Thanks Ab. Really hoping a fair few will be able to make it!

05GUSTS
9th December 2014, 11:02 PM
Sounds good!
Just got back from the Cape in August, already saving to go again. Would be towing camper trailer, (which survived Tele and Frenchmans this time no worries).

Avo
9th December 2014, 11:53 PM
my lovely daughter has deciced to get married on Hamilton island that year in april..no chance of getting there twice in one year...i'll have to tell her to do it in sept hey..

Punderhead
10th December 2014, 08:10 PM
my lovely daughter has deciced to get married on Hamilton island that year in april..no chance of getting there twice in one year...i'll have to tell her to do it in sept hey..

Well, just invite the fourum along to the wedding, change the date, and get married right at the tip.

I'm sure you could ask AB to be the officiating minister of the church of patrology..........

I'm sure your daughter won't mind.

Cheers

AB
10th December 2014, 08:16 PM
Well, just invite the fourum along to the wedding, change the date, and get married right at the tip.

I'm sure you could ask AB to be the officiating minister of the church of patrology..........

I'm sure your daughter won't mind.

Cheers

I do great wedding speeches ;)

In fact, let me organise the floral arrangement, cactus's and shots of tequila all round with a mix of blues and heavy metal.

Clunk
10th December 2014, 08:34 PM
I do great wedding speeches ;)

In fact, let me organise the floral arrangement, cactus's and shots of tequila all round with a mix of blues and heavy metal.

sounds wonderful....... best change my vote then hey!!!!!!?????

Punderhead
10th December 2014, 09:18 PM
I do great wedding speeches ;) In fact, let me organise the floral arrangement, cactus's and shots of tequila all round with a mix of blues and heavy metal.

Sounds like quite a party!

BigRAWesty
11th December 2014, 09:39 PM
Can we have another option added.

"I floated the idea past the wife.. Well she didn't say no...."

Punderhead
11th December 2014, 11:28 PM
Can we have another option added. "I floated the idea past the wife.. Well she didn't say no...."

Well, obviously that is a yes!

BigRAWesty
11th December 2014, 11:45 PM
Can only hope mate.
It's a long time and a lot of variables.

Punderhead
23rd December 2014, 12:58 AM
Just to add a question for all, if you voted for for indefinite, can you also please put whatever date/s would suit you best if you were able to make it? Thanks.

BigRAWesty
26th December 2014, 07:13 PM
So guys. This is looking positive at this time.
But struggling to find the meet point.
And sat points to punch in.

Atm were planning to meet with my brother (a 80 series driver for us to tow...) in Adelaide.

So yea. Help with meet point

BigRAWesty
26th December 2014, 08:13 PM
Not to worry.
We found it.
I'm looking at 9000k return.
Me and bro are talking dalhousie springs, French line to Birdsville.
Threw to mt Isa to Normanton
Normanton to Artemis
Artemis to bramwell

That's a treck

Punderhead
26th December 2014, 08:15 PM
Not to worry. We found it. I'm looking at 9000k return. Me and bro are talking dalhousie springs, French line to Birdsville. Threw to mt Isa to Normanton Normanton to Artemis Artemis to bramwell That's a treck

Sounds awesome mate that makes for one heck of a holiday! Don't forget to add in a weeks travel in time spent fixing the cruiser!

Hopefully you can make it and we can all have one awesome time!

BigRAWesty
26th December 2014, 08:45 PM
Haha yea were allowing 6 weeks minimum..
$3500 in fuel. (that's 9000k at $1.70)

And then the spares needed. Lol.
Better get my ass into gear

PMC
31st December 2014, 08:42 PM
Hi all. Just wanting to get a firmer idea of who would be interested in the 2016 forum meetup being Cape York for 2016.

I'm sure we all know how to do a poll by now so same old jazz as per usual hahaha. I'm thinking the meet point should be bramwell station, and then we do the old tele track together.

Keen to have your input. I'll probably leave this poll to run until the end of January, and then set the date.

Cheers

G'day Luke,

My apologies mate, I must have had my beer goggles on when I first read your post, I thought your trip was for 2015, I then read your thread again and realised it was for 2016.

All the best with your Cape York trip!

Kind regards,

Paul

BigRAWesty
12th February 2015, 05:02 PM
So this got bopped on the head this arvo.
We won't make it now.

rusty_nail
12th February 2015, 05:30 PM
where is the button for "i want to come to this but im unsure as to if ill be in a position or not so im working towards it!"

Punderhead
12th February 2015, 07:09 PM
Well fellas I have decided on a date. I will be at bramwell junction on the 20th of September. Seems a few are unable to make it and many are not sure. I'll post this in my other thread aswell.

Would love to meet as many of you as possible, and all are very welcome.

Cheers

Punderhead
12th February 2015, 07:10 PM
So this got bopped on the head this arvo. We won't make it now.

That's a shame mate. I'll drink a beer for ya at the top.

jay see
13th February 2015, 02:15 AM
Just placed my vote.
Very interested. Will have to see how everything turns out. Need to get the patrol up to scratch and see how the funds are closer to the time.
Don't think the wife will be in on this and will leave it up to my kids if they want to come. Could get my bro-in-law to fill the passenger seat if during school holidays.
Will wait and see, he's hoping.;)

Punderhead
13th February 2015, 11:49 AM
Just placed my vote. Very interested. Will have to see how everything turns out. Need to get the patrol up to scratch and see how the funds are closer to the time. Don't think the wife will be in on this and will leave it up to my kids if they want to come. Could get my bro-in-law to fill the passenger seat if during school holidays. Will wait and see, he's hoping.;)

Sounds good mate. Seem to be a few in the same boat as you of unsure. Hopefully it all comes together for ya and you can make it though!

threedogs
13th February 2015, 05:20 PM
A lot of ifs at this stage but meaning to go anyway at some stage,
If all goes to plan need to see others yet sounds like a date,, Went in
83 so dying to see the changes, wilderness lodge was at the tip then

Punderhead
13th February 2015, 08:45 PM
A lot of ifs at this stage but meaning to go anyway at some stage, If all goes to plan need to see others yet sounds like a date,, Went in 83 so dying to see the changes, wilderness lodge was at the tip then

Seems to be a fee people who have been before. First time for me, so while you lot are reminiscing, I'll be wishing id done it sooner!

Still a long way down the track though, and as you said a lot of ifs and buts.

jay see
13th February 2015, 08:59 PM
First time for me. Passed it by the wife and she seems keen, so we will wait and see how it turns out.
Google maps tells me that its a 3920 km trip one way. I'm going to put together a list of things to do to the patrol.

lucus30
13th February 2015, 09:09 PM
First time for me. Passed it by the wife and she seems keen, so we will wait and see how it turns out.
Google maps tells me that its a 3920 km trip one way. I'm going to put together a list of things to do to the patrol.

Maybe we can work on the patrols together jaysee I'd love to go but think its unlikely at this stage

jay see
13th February 2015, 09:20 PM
Yeah, could do don't mind bouncing ideas off each other. Distance might be a bit of an issue and my stupid roster..

Punderhead
13th February 2015, 09:21 PM
Maybe we can work on the patrols together jaysee I'd love to go but think its unlikely at this stage

Well there is still 585 days to go to get the patrols set up.

So I'm probably going to be very busy the week before I leave.

the evil twin
13th February 2015, 09:47 PM
Yeah, could do don't mind bouncing ideas off each other. Distance might be a bit of an issue and my stupid roster..

Anyone who has less distance than me to travel is forbidden to use that as an excuse and if you PM me your bosses phone number I can sort it so your roster won't be an issue.

Guess that makes you and Lucus definites?

Seriously tho, the hardest thing is making that initial decision.
If you can get some else (or a even a few other forumites or mates) close by to commit with you that makes it easier as you can gee each other up.
Next best thing is to get a fuel "cash stash" happening (say $25 a week) so fuel is essentially paid for before you even leave.
After that it is almost no different to a 'normal' holiday and expenses

AB
13th February 2015, 09:50 PM
Thought for the day...

Distance is no issue on your vehicle except for the quality of the modifications you have done on the vehicle yourself ;)

the evil twin
13th February 2015, 09:54 PM
Thought for the day...

Distance is no issue on your vehicle except for the quality of the modifications you have done on the vehicle yourself ;)

...divided by the square of the drag of the roof top bag.

katwoman
13th February 2015, 09:55 PM
Thought for the day...

Wrong thread AB. Get one of the mods to shift it for you..

jay see
13th February 2015, 10:06 PM
Anyone who has less distance than me to travel is forbidden to use that as an excuse

No, the distance between my place and Lucus, to get some of the work done.

Driving 8000km doesn't concern me and taking time off, I've got heaps of long service leave.

And the cash stash has been going for a short period of time already, that's how I'm paying for all my work/mods that go to the patrol.

the evil twin
13th February 2015, 10:09 PM
Gotta love that LSL eh... I take mine at 50% pay so get twice as much... YeeeeeeeHAAAARRRRRRR

lucus30
14th February 2015, 10:06 AM
Thought for the day...

In that case I'm out ha ha.

Gecko17
14th February 2015, 11:42 AM
Well I can't let ET have all the fun so I am seriously considering doing this trip. That, and the fact that 1, neither myself or the War Office have been to Cape York, ever!, 2, It will be an epic trip, especially from here, 3, May just end up going all the way around...

the evil twin
14th February 2015, 12:22 PM
Well I can't let ET have all the fun so I am seriously considering doing this trip. That, and the fact that 1, neither myself or the War Office have been to Cape York, ever!, 2, It will be an epic trip, especially from here, 3, May just end up going all the way around...

Awesome... we better let a few servo's know so that they get enough Diesel tho

mudski
14th February 2015, 12:57 PM

Yeah we want to do this but my list of things to do include a td42t. Hopefully the money gods are kind to me this year so I can get it done. I just don't trust my motor...

Punderhead
14th February 2015, 01:19 PM
Yeah we want to do this but my list of things to include a td42t. Hopefully the money gods are kind to me this year so I can get it done. I just don't trust my motor...

Your not the only one who wants to to an engine swap to a td42t before this trip.... If you find any decent money gods let me know so I can get on board lol.

jay see
14th February 2015, 05:08 PM
Awesome... we better let a few servo's know so that they get enough Diesel tho

My problem is that I'm on gas and my sub tank is only 30 LTS. Even with a 75 long range I'll still need to carry jerry cans. From what I've read so far last gas stop is 800 and something kms away for the cape.

jay see
14th February 2015, 05:14 PM
Yeah we want to do this but my list of things to include a td42t. Hopefully the money gods are kind to me this year so I can get it done. I just don't trust my motor...

I'm confident in my motor, i think is reliable enough, however it doesn't like the hills to much and the availability of gas may be and problem. Having said that I wouldn't say no to a td42t.

the evil twin
14th February 2015, 06:07 PM
My problem is that I'm on gas and my sub tank is only 30 LTS. Even with a 75 long range I'll still need to carry jerry cans. From what I've read so far last gas stop is 800 and something kms away for the cape.

Yes, unfortunately LPG is not user friendly for outback touring.
One of my GQ's was a dual fueller and we loved the car... until the bitumen stopped and the gravel started then it was a PIA having to carry Jerries.
That and the fact that once you left Perth it was more expensive to run on LPG than ULP

Harps
25th February 2015, 08:56 PM
I'm keen as i have a couple of mates who are pretty keen as well

Punderhead
25th February 2015, 09:10 PM
Yes, unfortunately LPG is not user friendly for outback touring. One of my GQ's was a dual fueller and we loved the car... until the bitumen stopped and the gravel started then it was a PIA having to carry Jerries. That and the fact that once you left Perth it was more expensive to run on LPG than ULP

I remember when we did the Simpson back in 08, dad had a 4.5 gu, and towing the camper. He had 7 jerry cans. Lost count of the hours he spent researching where gas was available, and working out how many Kay's to drive on LPG vs ulp, between full ups.

Doable, but horrible.

Punderhead
25th February 2015, 09:10 PM
I'm keen as i have a couple of mates who are pretty keen as well

Awesome mate hope you can make it !

Harps
25th February 2015, 10:32 PM
how long do you think till dates are made definite ?

Punderhead
25th February 2015, 10:58 PM
how long do you think till dates are made definite ?

20 September2016 at bramwell station is the plan mate!

Wizard52
13th April 2015, 04:05 PM
Just voted as interested as long as I can get over this bloody Ross River Fever which I may have got up at the Cape last year. It is a real bastard.