PDA

View Full Version : RB30 Drive Belts

ausmission
6th March 2011, 06:53 PM
Hi All

New to the forum and new to Patrols so if it's obvious don't laugh too much ;-)

Trying to replace the drive belts on my RB30 patrol but having real difficulty with the middle belt. I've loosened off the idler pulley as much as possible but I still can't get the belt to fit. As far as I can see there is no adjuster on the air con pump. Does anyone have any tips, tricks or even "Oi, you're a dim wit do this" advice ?

Cheers

YNOT
6th March 2011, 07:20 PM
The nut on the front of the idler pulley is a lock nut. If you look from underneath you should see the adjuster bolt just behind the pulley.

Tony

ausmission
6th March 2011, 11:08 PM
Hi Tony

Already undone the lock nut and adjusted the adjuster bolt to as loose as possible. Finally had to revert to an old mini trick involving washing up liquid and a couple of cast drifts to lever it onto the pulley. Shouldn't be that hard should it ? It's on now but I wouldn't fancy doing that out back, had to take the radiator shroud off so I could get enough leverage in the drifts to get the belt in place ..... anything I missed or is it just a pain in the a**e to do ?

Thanks for you response mate, good to know there are sources of info. out there. :-)

Cheers
Steve

YNOT
7th March 2011, 05:55 AM
Are you sure you have the right length belt?

Tony

ausmission
7th March 2011, 02:36 PM
Well, only as sure as the guys at Repco are ..... seems to be the same size as the one that came off though ..... Seems like they could be wrong sizes so I'll go and see if I can get the Nissan parts .... I think they maybe wrong as the two ancillary belts are almost at the limit of their adjustment as well. Appear there maybe a mistake somewhere, one too short and two too long, wrong part numbers maybe .... ;-)

YNOT
7th March 2011, 03:55 PM
Doesn't sound right to me.

Tony

ausmission
7th March 2011, 07:55 PM
Have been recommended these belts, anyone know if they are the correct ones for the RB30 ?

Bosch Drive Belts

Alt - 13A0875
AC - 13A0925
PS - 13A0900

steelo
20th February 2012, 01:25 PM
So all I know is that for some rb30's (rb30-s models) all 3 belts are the same & others they're different & I think those stated are correct, that's according to the Bosch belt manuals in Super Cheap.