PDA

View Full Version : Sub tank light on dash

JustCruzin
6th March 2011, 02:45 PM
Hello there i hope some one can help. The sub tank light is on and staying on on the dash and it wont transfer the fuel.

YNOT
6th March 2011, 02:50 PM
Check this thread for more info; http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1959-Sub-Tank-Button-not-working&highlight=tank

Tony

ansaha
28th April 2012, 09:52 AM
pump maybe

itchyvet
3rd August 2012, 11:48 PM
Had similar problem with my 2.8 recently.
First thing I need to establish, have you done any modifications concerning electrics lately, like fitting extra gear ? If so, was the sub tank working fine before you carried out the mods ?
If YES, then onviously you've upset something with your recent work.
My mechanic fitted boost guage and EGT guages recntly on my 2.8 GU TDe, and from that moment on, no sub tank (warning light stayed on) and no dwell action or slow speed for wipers, though high speed worked fine.
Mechanic told me, his work was OK, there was a problem with my wiring on the sub tank. Considering I had just used the sub tank coming back from a trip, and drove straight to the mechanics, he was way off the mark.
Went home, pulled driver's seat out, crawled in under dash and found real crappy wiring work attached to existing Nissan wiring harness and supply to brakes via live power feed.
Pulled the lot off, rewired all back to Nissan wiring, instaled seperate wiring direct from battery with solenoid connected to live ignition. BINGO, sub tank works fine and wipers also work fine. Saw mechanic and explained to him, he refused to believe what I'd done, however, I had left his wiring in situ just for this reason, and challenegd him to come and plug in his wiring, see what effect it would have, would take all of two secs. He refused.
There you go, trues story, dunno if it helps your situation, hope it has.