PDA

View Full Version : gidday from Woolamai

Phill
2nd July 2010, 07:47 PM
Gidday all.

I'm Phill from down south Victoria area.

I'm a recently new 4wd owner (yes, It's a Patrol hehe) and would love to learn the tricks from the gurus.

I recently bought a 1999 GU Patrol 4.2 wagon and looking at doing some little modifcations to take the family on some touring later in the year.

Look forward to chatting with you all and hopefully get some help with my projects.

AB
2nd July 2010, 08:02 PM
Welcome to the forum Phil, feel free to ask anything if you need help mate.

Maxhead
2nd July 2010, 08:20 PM
Hey Phil, welcome mate

Phill
2nd July 2010, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the welcoming.

Just been reading some posts and it sounds like theirs a fence up with the 3l and 4.2 owners...hehe

Like old school Collingwood and Carlton fans....Love it!!!

YNOT
2nd July 2010, 08:45 PM
Welcome to the forum Phil.

There is a healthy rivalry between the old school TD42 fans, and the newer ZD30 owners. I've had both, My second Patrol was a '99 TD42 wagon that I fitted a Nissan turbo kit to, my current Patrol (No. 4)is a '03 ZD30 wagon.

Tony

Phill
2nd July 2010, 08:51 PM
Welcome to the forum Phil.

There is a healthy rivalry between the old school TD42 fans, and the newer ZD30 owners. I've had both, My second Patrol was a '99 TD42 wagon that I fitted a Nissan turbo kit to, my current Patrol (No. 4)is a '03 ZD30 wagon.

Tony

Can i ask a question.

Which one do you prefer?

Any pro's and con's.

Just considering to upgrade the misses from her tin can Holden Cruise.

We live on a dirt road now and that thing just rattles like a tin can and It's only a matter of time till it falls apart from the corrugations.

Thanks Tony.

patch697
2nd July 2010, 09:23 PM
G/day Phil welcome on board mate. As I see your already finding out the gang on here are a grate bunch & stick around mate cos the 3ltr v 4.2 feud is just getting started but don't say to much about the 3ltrs cos Andy the site admin has one & he can get a bit sensitive..........lol........Cop thay one Andy.......lol

Looking forward to chatting with you mate

Cheers
Paul

Woof
2nd July 2010, 09:45 PM
Welcome Phil, I just updated my 2007 GU 3.0 CRD to a 1990 GQ 4.2.

Johnno
2nd July 2010, 09:57 PM
You know that ad where the bloke's out on his front lawn just staring at his Colourbond roof and totally mesmerised by it? Well that's me when I pop the bonnet and gaze at my 4.2!!

lol!

haha....GOLD!!!

Welcome to the forum.

DX grunt
2nd July 2010, 11:46 PM
G'day Phil.

Welcome to the forum.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Finly Owner
23rd August 2010, 11:33 PM