PDA

View Full Version : Who's doing cape york in 2015

threedogs
1st December 2014, 05:37 PM
Just wondering if anyone is going to Cape York next year,?

megatexture
1st December 2014, 05:39 PM
I would love to but I'm going to cycle across Madagascar lol.

The cape is on my bucket list for sure! It's just a matter of timing

HuskyInAuz
1st December 2014, 08:32 PM
I'd like to do a lot of the north and west in 2015, what time, month(s) are you thinking about ?

AB
1st December 2014, 09:28 PM
Our plan for the family was cape and Kimberley's next year but as always things crop up.

Why is that John?

kevin07
1st December 2014, 10:17 PM
ive been thinking of june and july

Pokey
1st December 2014, 10:32 PM
I'm hoping to do the Cape in June maybe July and work permitting maybe some of the Kimberly region

threedogs
2nd December 2014, 07:59 AM
As I like being away on my birthday I'm thinking late Aug early Sept.
so late in the season
Meet up at one of the Cairns caravan parks
Last time I went was 83' Sept

rusty_nail
2nd December 2014, 11:43 AM
instead of going to the cape mate why not come to one of the meetups mate?

the evil twin
2nd December 2014, 01:16 PM
instead of going to the cape mate why not come to one of the meetups mate?

... or have one of the meetups at the Cape/Daintree/Normanton.

rusty_nail
2nd December 2014, 01:21 PM
... or have one of the meetups at the Cape/Daintree/Normanton.

hey im only saying it because he would have to drive past two of em just to get to the place!!! im sure the next BIG forum will be something else spectacular possibly even the cape, its just a LONG way for you WA people and the Vics too...

the evil twin
2nd December 2014, 02:30 PM
hey im only saying it because he would have to drive past two of em just to get to the place!!! im sure the next BIG forum will be something else spectacular possibly even the cape, its just a LONG way for you WA people and the Vics too...

No worries Cobber... :)

I thought all the Vic's lived in Qld and commuted now anyway which is why so many had to vote absentee last weekend.

Here in W.A. we walk 1,000 K's and back to the local shop... probably have to drive to the Cape tho. :049:

Punderhead
2nd December 2014, 03:57 PM
I'm looking at going in 2016 if that helps. Won't be able to afford it in 2015. But already putting 20 bucks a week where I can't touch it to hopefully make it in 2016.

(AUST)Mod
2nd December 2014, 05:09 PM
I am hitting up the cape next year. Will send my ute on a truck and meet it in Cairns. Will then truck it home and pick it up from the depot.

Beni C
5th December 2014, 05:40 PM
Broome or Uluru next year, havent decided yet but the Cape is on the list!!

Wizard52
6th December 2014, 06:37 PM
No worries Cobber... :)

I thought all the Vic's lived in Qld and commuted now anyway which is why so many had to vote absentee last weekend.

Here in W.A. we walk 1,000 K's and back to the local shop... probably have to drive to the Cape tho. :049:

In Karumba in August this year it was spot the local as all the number plates were Victorian or professional fishermen

Wizard52
6th December 2014, 06:40 PM
As I like being away on my birthday I'm thinking late Aug early Sept.
so late in the season
Meet up at one of the Cairns caravan parks
Last time I went was 83' Sept

Good time for the Cape but it is also THE best time for Fraser with plenty of fish and not to many people just before school holidays