i have a 2005 gu patrol 4.8 petrol ti
the sub tank light comes on the dash which means i
can not drain the sub tank i have tried disconnecting
the battery but that only works short term any help
would be appreciated cheers hutman

Timbo
28th May 2010, 03:26 PM
Hi mate..

This happened to me when I first got my GU. It's a common problem. It should actually be your earth that's dodgey.

Follow your earth from the battery and find out where it's attached at the other end. Basically the problem is a bad earth between the body and the chassis. Put in a new earth strap between the body and the chassis and the problem should go away.

Cheers

ahimz
17th October 2013, 10:03 AM
looks like we've same prob mate :)

Wal AH B
26th October 2013, 03:59 PM
Seems like this could also be the issue with my poor old girl.

threedogs
26th October 2013, 04:02 PM
WOW a triple fix must be History or something
3 Cheers TIMBO you da man

LALAW
26th October 2013, 06:58 PM
I was just about to post a question about the same problem. I've a 2005 4.8 TI. I've put new earth straps on and have disconnected the battery a couple of times. Has anyone thought of placing a fuel transfer pump between the main and sub??

Woof
26th October 2013, 07:15 PM
I was just about to post a question about the same problem. I've a 2005 4.8 TI. I've put new earth straps on and have disconnected the battery a couple of times. Has anyone thought of placing a fuel transfer pump between the main and sub??

Hey mate, it is always a good idea to post up an introduction before asking for any assistance

ahimz
15th January 2014, 07:09 PM
Yippiiiaiiiooo!!My subtank issue done and tanks to my Cameroon Mechanics....actually it's my sub tank control box (the one behind the aircond controller) problem.And besides in Qatar everything is expensive (this makes me missing Malaysia so much) ....So, instead of changing the unit will cost me about QR 2000 (AUD 616.62) not plus labor charge this dude makes install in my safari 1 switch+1 Relay & connect it to sub tank fuel pump. And its transferring. and now case close with only cost around QR 30.00 ( AUD 9.25) instead of QR 2000. ;)