PDA

View Full Version : Safari snorkel ss15hf on 1998 GU 2.8 Turbo Diesel ??

Simon H
21st November 2014, 06:10 PM
I bought a secondhand safari snorkel ss15hf and sourced a template for it from a local arb store. I own a 1998 GU Patrol with a 2.8 Turbo Diesel motor and just wanted to know before I cut into my guard will this fit this application ? Any help greatly appreciated

Clunk
21st November 2014, 07:37 PM
Well according to our good friend google, the one you require for the RD28 is the SS15HFB.
I don't know enough about these things to say if the one you bought will fit or not, hopefully one of the more knowledgeable folk will be able to offer some assistance.

Simon H
21st November 2014, 08:25 PM
I know they fit a 4.2 turbo diesel so hopefully it should be pretty much just a few modifications

sooty_10
22nd November 2014, 09:13 AM
No idea on if there are any differences or not but in the GU's the 4.2 and 2.8 use the same air box so surely the snorkel isn't really any different?? It would be more based on what series GU for te external panel differences.

Simon H
22nd November 2014, 08:42 PM
Pulled the air box out and found the internal wall in the way of the 90 degree bend connector. Might have to drill and cut a key way for it to fit thru. Once that's done it should fit no worries. Just a pain

Simon H
7th December 2014, 05:08 PM
Fitted and works well, just used a hole saw to cut thru the interior wall of the guard. The 90 degree bend fits thru and the template used to mount the snorkel. All fits well and does the job. Very pleased !!