PDA

View Full Version : Door ajar light flickers

whippet
3rd March 2011, 07:24 PM
Does anyone know how to stop the door ajar warning light from flickering. i believe it's coming from the rear door when your 4wding, the door seems to be closed tight. is this just one of those things you have to get use too.

xtreme patrol
3rd March 2011, 08:24 PM
I have read that if you place one of those flat fridge magnets on the area that the door light switch hit solves the problem.
I have the same problem when I'm going over rough stuff but have not tried the magnet yet

BillsGU
3rd March 2011, 09:18 PM
The main problem is usually the large rear door. Ensure you slam it so it shuts up tight. Firmly close the smaller door as well. I ended up sticking a small piece of plastic on the metal where the small door switch makes contact. This fixed my problem.

the evil twin
3rd March 2011, 09:33 PM
It can be any of the doors... on mine it's the LH front passenger.

Find a fridge maggy you don't want and cut 4 bits up about the size of a 20 cent piece. Put them on the door at the point where the switch plunger meets the door. Go for a 'wheel, it it stops you can either remove two and do a bit mroe rough stuff till you sus which switch it is or just leave all the maggy pieces in place.

If it doesn't stop then it is one of the rear door switches. The switch for the large door is a bit hard to get too apparently, I don't know as i haven't had to get too one yet. Check out the manual for exact locations

whippet
3rd March 2011, 09:56 PM
Thanks heaps guys looks like have a job for the weekend.

Finly Owner
3rd March 2011, 10:30 PM
just cut wires and join together, completes circuit ends warning problem........................ROFLMFAO

I'm joking LOL

Simon
4th March 2011, 09:45 AM
I will be cutting the wires in the big rear door... That switch is useless! If you don't slam the big door enough and it doesnt shut, you know because it is noisy as heck when you slam the little door... So no need for it... Its putting sensors in places they just don't need to be... Common sensors can take its place IMO.

hekarewe
4th March 2011, 09:59 AM
just cut wires and join together, completes circuit ends warning problem........................ROFLMFAO

I'm joking LOL

dont joke i was thinking of that next time starts happening with mine

hekarewe
4th March 2011, 10:00 AM
this answers a few questions i had abou the door lights,,, think i might go out and buy some fridge magnets on the weekend

cossy
4th March 2011, 07:02 PM
Yes the large rear door you slam it so it is shuts

MudRunnerTD
6th March 2011, 08:31 AM
I will be cutting the wires in the big rear door... That switch is useless! If you don't slam the big door enough and it doesnt shut, you know because it is noisy as heck when you slam the little door... So no need for it... Its putting sensors in places they just don't need to be... Common sensors can take its place IMO.

The problem though Simon is that the switch doubles as the light switch so you probably want that. I like the Fridge magnet idea for sure.

aiKzo6
7th March 2011, 09:49 PM
Mine did the same when i bought it. It was a pretty easy fix. All i did was grab one of those adhesive felt buttons that you stick under furniture legs to stop scratching flooring, and stuck it on the body where the switch on the rear barn door hits.

http://feeds2.yourstorewizards.com/3201/images/200x200/felt-guard-pad-239291.jpg

Setsujoku
14th April 2011, 10:45 PM
Interesting that this has come up. We just bought our 2000 patrol this week, and am having this exact issue. I'll be trying a few of the options over the weekend, as having the lamp flickering all the time soon gets annoying!

pjg4wd
27th April 2011, 08:11 PM
Hi,
I had this problem on my old Patrol. It was fixed by adjusting the striker plate on the right hand door.

Setsujoku
28th April 2011, 11:24 PM
Hmm, well have tried a few things so far, but as yet haven't managed to track down the cause.
Next step may be to short the barn door sensor so that it rules it out of the equation completely.

Setsujoku
30th April 2011, 05:31 PM
Looks like my issue is with the drivers door. It seems that the screw/nut are shorting and causing the issue. The strange thing though is that it doesn't stay on all the time.

Has anyone else had this issue? Just thinking that I'll get a new sensor, as the rubber boot has come off of it as well. The only thing that I noticed was that the sensor for the drivers door was different from all of the other doors. Is this common?

Cheers

Bigrig
30th April 2011, 06:51 PM
Looks like my issue is with the drivers door. It seems that the screw/nut are shorting and causing the issue. The strange thing though is that it doesn't stay on all the time.

Has anyone else had this issue? Just thinking that I'll get a new sensor, as the rubber boot has come off of it as well. The only thing that I noticed was that the sensor for the drivers door was different from all of the other doors. Is this common?

Cheers

The only time I had a similar problem was after a water crossing ... once it dried out, the door switches worked ... other than that, hope you get it sorted mate!!

steve squires
19th July 2011, 12:35 PM
I found on my '98 GU the small rear door light switch needed packers to enable it to deactivate when closed. My problem was the same as you described and is now fixed. Steve

patch697
19th July 2011, 02:13 PM
Aimple fix to this issue is grab yourself a valve cap off a tyre valve, put a dab of quick dry superglue in it & stick it over the button (it you have the rubber boot type then remove the boot & cut a little of the bottom of the valve cap)

Whole process finished in under 10 min.