PDA

View Full Version : Front Windscreen Mirror

mich@el
3rd March 2011, 06:45 PM
Well, I admit that I'm a real man and so sit high & wide in the drivers seat of Steve (my GQ). One annoying thing that I really dislike about Steve is the placement of the rearview mirror on the front windscreen of the GQ. It basically obscures the entire centre view no matter how I have it positioned.

My question is, does anyone else have this problem and if so how have you gotten around it?

growler2058
3rd March 2011, 06:59 PM
no haven't noticed and im not what you'd call alittle fella...............mayb i've got shockin tunnel vision ive also got commonhore buckets mayb they position me a little lower

YNOT
3rd March 2011, 07:37 PM
In a GQ the mirror bolts to the roof, just remove it. As long as you have external mirrors on both sides you don't legally need the interior RV mirror.

Tony

NissanGQ4.2
3rd March 2011, 07:53 PM
I have no problem with mine, maybe as Tony ( Ynot ) said get rid of it, if you still want 2 see out the back look at replacing it with a reversing camera, that is set up 2 a position that suits you.

Cheers

Todd

Finly Owner
3rd March 2011, 10:52 PM
Mate.... Tony.......Mate....when was the last time you did an RWC? You won't believe this, but, I have had trucks with pantechs knocked back for no rear view cab mirror. Same as when i was grease monkeying, they had to be cars even with 2 external mirrors.

If you know something I can throw back at them next time, I am all ears.

As ya know I respect what you say, but will ask if I understand otherwise.

Tim

Finly Owner
3rd March 2011, 10:53 PM
my question is do you have adjustable suspension seats that need weight control wound down?

Tim

mich@el
4th March 2011, 02:19 PM
my question is do you have adjustable suspension seats that need weight control wound down?

Tim

LOL, I wish, no just bog standard seats, I'm just tall & wide......remember the wrestler "Haystacks Calhoon" ?