PDA

View Full Version : A/C blower stays on

Snow Patrol
12th November 2014, 04:40 PM
Has anyone Had their blower fan stay on when they turn off the ignition????? I have a engine light on also after having fitted a dawes valve, noticed the fan about the same time as the light. Car was and is running great with no Limp mode. I have adjusted it to 15psi max and it sits around 10/11psi at 100kmph. Patrol is a 2008 crd.

threedogs
12th November 2014, 05:11 PM
one is a mechanical thing being the dawes the other electrical so I cant see how both are related.
Dis connect the battery for 1/2 an hour and see how you go

Snow Patrol
12th November 2014, 05:50 PM
I agree that is what confused me. I have had a poke around and it is my newly installed gauges that seem to be the cause of the blower running. I needed to find a switched wire for the gauges to turn on and that seems to be energizing the blower circuit. I guess Engine light was likely caused by a boost spike???? even though I did not see it go over 15 psi. Doing the battery thing. Might leave it overnight and find a new switched wire tomorrow arvo.

mudski
12th November 2014, 07:56 PM
Disconnect the switch wire to the gauge and then see if the blower still runs.

Snow Patrol
13th November 2014, 03:31 PM
Turns out the wire that goes to constant (+) was live. Only used to save colour settings and so powered the accessories circuit. You were right mudski. Left the battery disconnected overnight but still has an engine light. Will have to get it reset. Or...... buy a scan gauge........ wifey is starting to tap that foot again.......

mudski
13th November 2014, 04:14 PM
Just go to a Supercheap auto. Its around $15 and they can reset the ECU for you. I stupidly took my Patrol to Nissan a while back for an ECU reset and for 5 minutes work it was $120'ish.

Snow Patrol
13th November 2014, 06:04 PM
I wish it were that easy mudski. Nearest Supercheap is light years away, and as for the local dealership.... less said. I will sort it out some how. Still looking at a Scangauge. They have some neat features as well.

mudski
14th November 2014, 10:13 PM
Scan gauge it is for you then.

Snow Patrol
17th November 2014, 01:08 PM
Scan gauge arrived.. Love new toys... Code was a P0401 blocked egr....silly computer.

mudski
17th November 2014, 01:52 PM
Yeah that will always come up. One to just ignore... :)

Beucam
20th November 2014, 08:38 AM
Hi Snowy,

I am interested in a Scan gauge as well for ALL my problems.
Where from and what model did you get - looking at flea bay there are numerous and they confuse the L out of me.
Tx,
Shane

mudski
20th November 2014, 10:11 AM
Hi Snowy,

I am interested in a Scan gauge as well for ALL my problems.
Where from and what model did you get - looking at flea bay there are numerous and they confuse the L out of me.
Tx,
Shane

What model GU do you have? As the earlier GU's can only use a device called ECU talk. Depending on if you have the OBDII plug or not. But if the Scan Gauge is what your after I think its the Scan Gauge II you want... I'm sure others here will be able to clarify this.

Beucam
20th November 2014, 10:34 AM
Hi Mudski,

I have the 2003, 3.0lt Diesel GU Patrol, and yes it has the OBD2 plug.
Looking around have seen the ELM327 wifi units which plug into the OBD2 plug, then you down load Torque app onto mobile and you can see and set / reset MIL faults. Any body had any experience with these units.
I already have a Boost and Pyro gauge, only would like to scan and understand faults.

Tx,
SHane

Snow Patrol
20th November 2014, 05:22 PM
Gday Beucam
I got a Scangauge E not the II have a look at www.scangauge.com.au. Then goes to a company call Ample Outdoors in Lithgow NSW. Ordered it Thursday night , in the mailbox Monday morning 130 dolla, cheaper than evilbay. The E gave me the Trip computer I wanted plus will tell you what faults are on the ECU and will reset them for you. It has more than enough features for me. I did think about the II but it came down to $$$$. Have a look at the instruction booklet which you can download from the scan gauge site (http://scangauge.com.au/user-manuals/ ) to see if you want the extra features of the II over the E. Haven't used the other things that you mention. I was more into the ability of the scan gauge to be a trip computer as well once all the ECU setting was done. He he he can tell now if Wifey pulls toooo many revs in the Troll.....

the evil twin
20th November 2014, 06:14 PM
Hi Mudski,

I have the 2003, 3.0lt Diesel GU Patrol, and yes it has the OBD2 plug.
Looking around have seen the ELM327 wifi units which plug into the OBD2 plug, then you down load Torque app onto mobile and you can see and set / reset MIL faults. Any body had any experience with these units.
I already have a Boost and Pyro gauge, only would like to scan and understand faults.

Tx,
SHane

AFAIK none of the OBD11 tools work on the Di's.
The Di's have the OBD11 plug but they aren't a fully OBD11 compliant system.
Scangauge certainly doesn't work.

I know that ECUtalk does but not sure of any others