PDA

View Full Version : Raw Nitro Shocks?

AB
3rd March 2011, 12:45 PM
Has anyone used Raw Nitro shocks before...http://www.raw4x4.com.au/templates/Raw4x4_content2.aspx?edit=false&pageID=5598

My mate just came back, had got a lift using the Raw Nitros. They sound cheap and nasty but Ive never heard of them before.

Any feedback from anyone by chance?

big_fletch
3rd March 2011, 12:48 PM
I have heard of them before but have never used them or even drivin anything with them in.. What sort of vehicle does your mate have? maybe take that for a spin?

AB
3rd March 2011, 12:49 PM
I have heard of them before but have never used them or even drivin anything with them in.. What sort of vehicle does your mate have? maybe take that for a spin?

GU ute...I'd rather pay the extra $500 and get known brands but just thought I would put this up for any feedback on them.

big_fletch
3rd March 2011, 01:05 PM
Well ya never know do you, someone here could be running it lol.... how much was a Raw kit?

AB
3rd March 2011, 01:07 PM
Well ya never know do you, someone here could be running it lol.... how much was a Raw kit?

I think it was $1200 for 3 inch fitted shocks and springs.

HippoNZ
3rd March 2011, 01:11 PM
I have heard of them, know a few blokes here with them mainly on hiluxes. I did hear tho that there not the best with the patrols as they are heavier vehicle full stop and when fully ladend even heaveir. for the peace of mind i'd spend the extra 500bucks and go with known brands, would be cheaper in the long run

ZORDO
17th March 2011, 01:09 PM
Raw shocks are no better or worse than the known brand.
The are made by Powerdown wkick has bee is OZ for many years
$1200 is quite dear even for known brands [ 4 coils & 4 shocks ]
With a 3" lift a few other things are required such as castor correction & extended rear sway bar links
Cheers

amandrew325
26th March 2011, 01:00 PM
Raw shocks are no better or worse than the known brand.
The are made by Powerdown wkick has bee is OZ for many years
$1200 is quite dear even for known brands [ 4 coils & 4 car shocks (http://www.stylintrucks.com/category/suspension/shocks.aspx) ]
With a 3" lift a few other things are required such as castor correction & extended rear sway bar links
Cheers

Does anybody know how the Raw 4x4 three way adjustables are actually adjusted? Do you have to compress or extend the shock then rotate the rod either way? If so which way does what? If they are any good I'll be gettin another set for the rear.

GUte
26th March 2011, 01:55 PM
Not sure how they adjust but I have just fitted some to my ute and have been happy with how they handle on the road. The rebound is much firmer than the compression so even without the front sway bar fitted, I dont experience any more body roll since I fitted my lift.

Never heard of them before I bought my kit (second hand) but would happily buy them again

YNOT
26th March 2011, 03:15 PM
Does anybody know how the Raw 4x4 three way adjustables are actually adjusted? Do you have to compress or extend the shock then rotate the rod either way? If so which way does what? If they are any good I'll be gettin another set for the rear.

Looking at the photo there does not seem to be any external adjuster, but there are arrows on the shock the seem to indicate you push them closed and twist them to adjust, much like Koni shocks.

Tony

timbar
26th March 2011, 05:47 PM
i have had them on my GQ for about 3 years and i have had no problems with them and ive done alot of on road heavy towing and alot of offroad work and i have found them just as good as the Rancho shocks i had on my GQ Maverick if not better

growler2058
28th March 2011, 04:29 PM
Theyve got a cool lookin sticker on the white shockie hahahahaha but so have me dobinsons ill stick with them.
Hope they let your mate know all the little xtras that are required when lifting a vehicle, add it up and ur 12 hunjy dont look so good no more

benzo
8th April 2011, 01:02 AM
horrible on corrigations