I wish.

threedogs
10th November 2014, 11:06 AM
Not a fan of generators, in any form,
If you cant do it via a 12v battery its not worth taking IMO
Many a fight late at night caused by noisey gen-sets

4bye4
10th November 2014, 12:52 PM
I need one of these so that the grandkids can keep their play stations charged when we go camping.

TPC
10th November 2014, 01:46 PM
When I first looked at this thread I thought you had gone mad and were suggesting people should buy generators, glad to see it was a joke as I hate generators with a passion.

A lot of the national parks in the Kimberleys have separate areas for generator and non-generator campers, the non generator areas were often full so we got stuck listening to other peoples generators, they would position them well away from their own camps so they annoyed other people more than themselves.
I have been guilty of turning off the petrol on them a couple of times.

If people cannot do without 240v they should stick to using caravan parks.

Winnie
10th November 2014, 01:49 PM
On our forum Simpson trip, our first night at Dalhousie Springs we listened to a generator all night. Darren went for a walk to see what it was being used for.

1 incandescent light bulb. Seriously.

Agronaught
10th November 2014, 01:52 PM
The only place I would consider 'reasonable' for a genny is to recharge a 12v after a few days of camping and then only during daylight hours (and NOT all day). Much easier to use solar IMHO.

Bob
10th November 2014, 02:26 PM
I have a 2.5KVA Inverter Generator which I have never taken Camping..
I have Solar Panels for recharging the Batteries (3 in total) and they can also be charged by the Patrol.
I only purchased the Generator as I got a Bargain and will be only used if I am Camping in some Remote Area and all three Batteries are Flat and not enough Sun to Recharge them.(Highly unlikely but you never know)
That is some Generator that you have sourced there Cuppa LMAO

mudnut
10th November 2014, 02:36 PM
When I first looked at this thread I thought you had gone mad and were suggesting people should buy generators, glad to see it was a joke as I hate generators with a passion.

A lot of the national parks in the Kimberleys have separate areas for generator and non-generator campers, the non generator areas were often full so we got stuck listening to other peoples generators, they would position them well away from their own camps so they annoyed other people more than themselves.
I have been guilty of turning off the petrol on them a couple of times.

If people cannot do without 240v they should stick to using caravan parks.

I would be reluctant to turn off someone else's generator as they might use it to run a pump for sleep apnea.

TPC
10th November 2014, 04:57 PM
I would be reluctant to turn off someone else's generator as they might use it to run a pump for sleep apnea.
I have sleep apnea and have used a cpap machine in the past and a generator is not necessary for them as you can get battery models and can use off invertor.
When i did use it we had a couple of blackouts at home and I just woke up and took the mask off.

Cuppa
10th November 2014, 06:44 PM
I actually do have a gennie, the quietest available - a Honda EU10i. It was a classic ‘seemed like a good idea at the time’ purchase, just in case our solar let us down. It never did. We did use the gennie to top up the crank battery a few times until we were able to get the dead alternator replaced, but if we’d had no gennie we would have managed.
Even though it is the quietest available, & a far cry from the ‘two stroke monsters’, the disturbance it makes whilst perhaps not noticeable in town, is still very noticeable when out bush. Most users claim otherwise.