PDA

View Full Version : Nomad valve body question

jff45
5th November 2014, 08:48 PM
If you fitted the Nomad valve body yourself, did you compare the differences between the D accumulator spring that you replaced and the spring supplied with the valve body.
Did you take any measurements or pics?

NissanGQ4.2
5th November 2014, 09:01 PM
Why do u ask?

I can't remember if my old man done his himself on his GQ or got Wholesale to put it on when he exchanged his gearbox, don't think he would of taken pics if he did do it himself but can ask tomorrow.

There should be a difference in spring measurements though as far as I remember

jff45
5th November 2014, 09:15 PM
Reason I'm asking is that I bought a used Nomad valve body from a friend and the spring with it is identical to the spring I removed from a a trans I'm currently rebuilding. My friend is looking for the right spring but we don't have any dimensions.

I wouldn't really expect anyone to take pics but you never know.. I have pics of all the parts I changed when I fitted my TransGo shift kit a few years ago..

NissanGQ4.2
5th November 2014, 09:33 PM
Reason I'm asking is that I bought a used Nomad valve body from a friend and the spring with it is identical to the spring I removed from a a trans I'm currently rebuilding. My friend is looking for the right spring but we don't have any dimensions.

I wouldn't really expect anyone to take pics but you never know.. I have pics of all the parts I changed when I fitted my TransGo shift kit a few years ago..

Have you tried Rodney at wholesale? he should be able to tell you the dimensions of the springs.

jff45
5th November 2014, 09:59 PM
Have you tried Rodney at wholesale? he should be able to tell you the dimensions of the springs.

If all else fails, I'll send him an email but I'm not so sure he will want to help if I'm not buying anything..

NissanGQ4.2
5th November 2014, 10:21 PM
I'll ring my old man 2morrow arvo and see if he has any of the nomad valve body spring info.

Never no your luck.

jff45
5th November 2014, 10:51 PM
Cheers, I appreciate it..

cutanything
5th November 2014, 11:02 PM
wholesale are always willing to help when come to questions about nomad system . unreal auto boxes when you have full setup gives you full control of settings and locked torque converter

NissanGQ4.2
6th November 2014, 04:48 PM

Sorry old man doesn't have that info ever.

Is it possible that the valve body your rebuilding has already been specked up that's why its the same as your friends.

Have u checked your springs against the specs in the workshop manual? Pretty sure the specks of the springs are in there

jff45
6th November 2014, 05:38 PM
I don't think I explained it correctly.
I bought a used Nomad valve body with the spring for the D accumulator which my friend thought was the correct spring supplied by Wholesale.
I'm rebuilding a standard trans and found the D spring from that trans is identical to the spring I got with the valve body so we assume that he sent the wrong spring.
Both springs are identical and conform to factory spec. The Nomad spring should be stronger/thicker etc but we don't have the dimensions of it hence my question.
He's looking for it and will hopefully find it otherwise I'll try to buy another from Wholesale if they agree to sell only the spring.

Here's what I have. One on the right is what I received.

NissanGQ4.2
6th November 2014, 10:05 PM
From my understanding talking to my dad earlier in the day the dimensions will be the same as the 2 springs in the picture.......it would just be a tighter coiled spring.

I don't see why Rodney at wholesale would not sell you just the spring

jff45
7th November 2014, 07:33 AM
Yes, I'd expect the outside dimensions to be the same with a slightly thicker wire. Wire size of those 2 is 2.3 mm.

I recall a thread about Wholesale where they wouldn't sell the banjo & temp sender to someone who had purchased the trans temp gauge from them but had moved it to another vehicle and hadn't been able to retrieve the banjo from the sold vehicle.

Anyway, we'll see.. I'm still waiting on the valve body gaskets from the US to finish the Nomad overhaul.

Would anyone be interested in seeing the Nomad overhaul pics?

kevin07
7th November 2014, 08:49 AM
yes certainly put em up