PDA

View Full Version : Free Pass to SA National Parks

jack
1st November 2014, 12:28 AM
Hello,

I was sent this link by friends in SA, apparently it doesn't expire.

http://www.natureplaysa.org.au/library/file/NPSA_ParksEntry.pdf

growler2058
1st November 2014, 07:25 AM
Cheers mate ive saved a copy of that

sooty_10
2nd November 2014, 09:08 AM
Nice to know, I'm heading over to SA in a couple of weeks. Cheers

Dave_H
2nd November 2014, 11:24 AM
Cheers mate, but just remember guys the less money the parks get the less that will probably stay open or less facilities, just a thought as i dont mind paying a few dollars in loose change.

outback
2nd November 2014, 12:49 PM
On reading that pass I got the impression that it was one day only no camping pass.

the evil twin
2nd November 2014, 01:31 PM
Cheers mate, but just remember guys the less money the parks get the less that will probably stay open or less facilities, just a thought as i dont mind paying a few dollars in loose change.

Nature Play is in SA, WA and Qld
It is Gov't sponsored in each state but at differing levels.
SA passes may attract funding back to the Parks depending on useage but the level of Gov't sponsorship is unclear.

On reading that pass I got the impression that it was one day only no camping pass.

Yeah, I reckon you are correct "...at any of South Australia’s great Parks listed below with this free vehicle entry pass!" (my underlining)
I reckon thats fair enough to pay for camping for overnighters etc and getting kids out in the bush for a day for the sake of $10 or whatever is a good thing.

hsinlee
14th February 2015, 06:51 PM
Thanks for sharing the sponsored doc.

BillsGU
15th February 2015, 11:03 AM
Hello,

I was sent this link by friends in SA, apparently it doesn't expire.

http://www.natureplaysa.org.au/library/file/NPSA_ParksEntry.pdf

It says on the pass that it expires on 30th June 2015. But still - a freebee from SA Parks! Who would have thought?

BillsGU
15th February 2015, 11:09 AM
I don't mind paying reasonable prices for the use of reasonable facilities. But - when you have to pay more than a night's stay in a caravan park to camp on the side of a track and dig your own poo pit - I jack up.

Some prices are a joke - $25 A HEAD to look at a rock is one of the examples that stick in my craw. I will never go there again.

BigRAWesty
15th February 2015, 11:12 AM
I don't mind paying reasonable prices for the use of reasonable facilities. But - when you have to pay more than a night's stay in a caravan park to camp on the side of a track and dig your own poo pit - I jack up. Some prices are a joke - $25 A HEAD to look at a rock is one of the examples that stick in my craw. I will never go there again.

Seen vic prices??
Halls gap national park (grampians) is over $40 a night for a drop loo.
Cp in town is $36 for a powered site and full facilities.

BillsGU
15th February 2015, 12:24 PM
Seen vic prices??
Halls gap national park (grampians) is over $40 a night for a drop loo.
Cp in town is $36 for a powered site and full facilities.

Yep - way over the top. I stay at Lake Fyans caravan park when I go that way. It's one of the best maintained parks I have stayed in. The problem when huge money is made from these sort of government grabs is that sometimes the funds are "temporarily diverted" to other projects. Also, often the real value of the funds the government put into parklands prior to collection of fees decreases - so the net amount of funds is either the same or even sometimes less.

I don't know who assess the amount of fee to pay - but it seems that they increase the funds until the visitors drop off and then use that as a guide, especially in the more popular spots.

Either way it's a rip off. Besides - parks and the bush should be for everyone - not just those that can afford it.

BigRAWesty
15th February 2015, 12:28 PM
Yep - way over the top. I stay at Lake Fyans caravan park when I go that way. It's one of the best maintained parks I have stayed in. The problem when huge money is made from these sort of government grabs is that sometimes the funds are "temporarily diverted" to other projects. Also, often the real value of the funds the government put into parklands prior to collection of fees decreases - so the net amount of funds is either the same or even sometimes less. I don't know who assess the amount of fee to pay - but it seems that they increase the funds until the visitors drop off and then use that as a guide, especially in the more popular spots. Either way it's a rip off. Besides - parks and the bush should be for everyone - not just those that can afford it.

Amen mate. We've boycotted the parks so instead of getting $15 a night often they'll never get $40 a night again....