PDA

View Full Version : RIP T0nka and hello from his little bro

goz
31st October 2014, 02:07 PM
Hey guys, i posted this on the other forum and was told he was on here also, didnt realise there was an issue with the 2 forums

Hey guys..

Bob's (T0nka) brother here, i see that my bro was a sort of regular here and a few people might know him, he passed away suddenly on the 18th and we laid him to rest last Saturday, he was only 45

But, his Patrol will not die, he loved that thing and thats all he talked about, also spent a motza of cash after the engine blew on his trip to Sydney many years ago, $12,000 just for engine i think it was, also added many extras like leather seats and so on, so the story now is, i will continue his journey on the patrol cause i just cant sell it, meant the world to him, his unfinished project will become my project, so please excuse me for any future dumb questions i might ask, as in, "whats this thing he installed"
I plan to spend up to 15k on getting it right, will start with a full body pearl white 3m vehicle wrap, my bro has cut the passenger dashboard open for a laptop project but i will replace it with a new complete dashboard, if i can find 1

He was at Tweed heads and Im in Sydney, he had a 1998 GU Patrol 2.8dt which as im sure you have read, had some real struggles with it, but ill get it right

Anyway, looking forward to chatting to you all and learning from you guys

Thanks

AB
31st October 2014, 02:13 PM
RIP mate, that is terrible news and thanks for letting us know!!!

I have moved this into our dedicated forum so it will never be lost.

Here is his profile = http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/member.php?3736-T0nka

MEGOMONSTER
31st October 2014, 02:21 PM
R.I.P Thanks for letting us know.

Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Bloodyaussie
31st October 2014, 02:24 PM
Condolences mate.....

threedogs
31st October 2014, 02:28 PM
R.I.P and my thoughts are with his family.
Never a good time.

goz
31st October 2014, 02:29 PM
Thanks guys, ye will need heaps of help with this 1, need to source a whole new dashboard to begin with, the whole project will be challenge but im up for it
And thankyou AB for moving it to the right section, i wasnt sure

TPC
31st October 2014, 02:39 PM
Sorry to here about your brother mate.
Its great to see you are going to continue with his project and its fine to ask dumb questions as we all do, its the dumb answers that are the problem.

Stropp
31st October 2014, 03:52 PM
sorry to hear about your brother mate but its great you have taken up the challenge with his patrol, good luck and keep us up to date with it please.

Clunk
31st October 2014, 04:12 PM
Condolences to you and your family mate, thanks for letting us know. It's good to see that his patrol will stay in the family and his memory lives on.

goz
31st October 2014, 05:27 PM
Thanks guys, means a lot, he always talked about how much help he got from these forums, and im very proud on the work he has already achieved on the Patrol, soon as it gets to Sydney, ill start taking some pics and i shall begin with the help from you guys, i want this thing to be brand spanking new when im finished with it

krbrooking
31st October 2014, 05:43 PM
So sorry to hear about your brother. Like said before good to see you have taken over the project, you won't regret it mate (your wallet/misses might). Hope to see you out there sometime.

Sent from me using Forum Runner

growler2058
31st October 2014, 05:47 PM
R.i.p.......

mudnut
31st October 2014, 06:29 PM
May he rest in peace. Condolences to you and your family.

And welcome to the forum.

NissanGQ4.2
31st October 2014, 07:14 PM
Condolences Goz, may your brother be resting in peace

04OFF
31st October 2014, 07:22 PM
Thanks for posting even though its very sad news, I always enjoyed hearing from T0nka and seeing his progression with photography, great you are taking over the project, so Bob can live on a little bit through his car with you.

BigRAWesty
31st October 2014, 08:08 PM
Geeze mate what a horrible thing to happen.
Our thoughts and condolences to you and the family.

Great to see your taking on his passion and if you ever need any advice mate or just a chat were always here.
You don't rack up 20 thousand posts by sitting back hay growler.

Good luck with the project Goz

Woof
31st October 2014, 08:21 PM
My condolences to all family and friends

NP99
1st November 2014, 10:30 AM
Welcome mate, terrible news. Glad you have taken the project on board. I enjoyed his contribution to this forum. All the best...